2020 Shrine Bowl 1/18/2020

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
I disagree. If there is a NT in the mid rounds that could become a staple on our D-Line for the next 4 years Im all for it. Like you said, we are really bad along the whole d-line...so I'll take any talent upgrade we can get. And peters is only signed for 1 more year.

I may be off a bit, but I believe the Cardinals were ~12th in run defense (likely Total Yds) this season. Not at all bad for a defense that started out so poorly. Maybe one of the other stat geeks can affirm DVOA on the year.

What this means is that with marginal personnel, the Cards were above average against the run. That’s with Peters, Gunter, Kerr, Bullard, et al playing the majority of snaps and no Zach Allen after week 4. Corey is the least of our worries, but agree we need to find his replacement sooner rather than later.

The issue for me is nobody has demonstrated they can consistently collapse the pocket. That’s why it’s my belief we need 1 or more likely 2 stud DEs to pair with Peters in order to get constant pressure. That will free up Jones and Reddick to really get after the QB.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I may be off a bit, but I believe the Cardinals were ~12th in run defense (likely Total Yds) this season. Not at all bad for a defense that started out so poorly. Maybe one of the other stat geeks can affirm DVOA on the year.

What this means is that with marginal personnel, the Cards were above average against the run. That’s with Peters, Gunter, Kerr, Bullard, et al playing the majority of snaps and no Zach Allen after week 4. Corey is the least of our worries, but agree we need to find his replacement sooner rather than later.

The issue for me is nobody has demonstrated they can consistently collapse the pocket. That’s why it’s my belief we need 1 or more likely 2 stud DEs to pair with Peters in order to get constant pressure. That will free up Jones and Reddick to really get after the QB.
We were the 9th worst in rushing yards & YPG. We were the 5th worst in points allowed to rushers.

I don't care what DVOA says, that's bad.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I disagree. If there is a NT in the mid rounds that could become a staple on our D-Line for the next 4 years Im all for it. Like you said, we are really bad along the whole d-line...so I'll take any talent upgrade we can get. And peters is only signed for 1 more year.

You can pick up talented nose tackles undrafted

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Lets not forget we were 12th vs the run because we were so easy to throw against.

The same as how our pass D was top 10 under Wilks because we were so easy to run against.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Write down Kendall Coleman out of Syracuse as a player to watch at the combine. Reports pre-season were that he struggles physically as a DE. Was good over the course of the season. Showed out with his ability to bend off the edge at the East/West game and has requisite size to play OLB in the NFL at 6'3 251. Another mid to late round option to get depth at OLB.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave