TDN Cardinals 7 round mock draft

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Talk about a strawman.

The team wouldnt be adding Street free agents and undrafted rookies if they changed on draft pick.

Matt Miller has him rated at or above Jalen Ramsey. Imagine having him lined up across from Peterson and learning from PP21. Imagine when Peterson leaves or hits a big decline, having another shutdown corner waiting to take over.

A true shutdown corner are the second most valuable position after QB in the modern NFL. Worth more than a RT, a WR, or a pass rusher.

The only player in this draft that I would take above Okudah would be Chase Young because he has the chance to be better than Bosa was this year AND he would fill a bigger need.

This talk of best player available is mostly hogwash. Teams draft the best available player at a position of need. The Cardinals were dreadful stopping the pass this year. Players that affect the opponents passing game should be a priority for the Cardinals.

100% not true at all. QB,LT Pass rusher by far 3 most important positions in football. Follow the money if you want to know who is valued.

of the top 25 highest paid defensive players only 3 are CB and none in the top 15. It’s pretty much all guys that get after the QB. If an NFL caliber QB has all day to throw he’s going to find someone open eventually.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

This mock was all about only drafting guys I've really looked into. Fell nearly all offense, so it only works out well if FA is defense focused.

Isaiah Simmons- versatile, wild card defender. Becomes the chess piece at the second level that the Cardinals lack.

Brandon Aiyuk - King of YAC and deep threat supreme. I draft Aiyuk because I'm not going to settle for the current crop of receivers developing, I'm going to keep adding players until I find the right guys.

Tyler Biadsz - Nasty, physical tough guy. He pushes Cole to guard and could start immediately.

Harrison Bryant - Mackey Award candidate. Good size, great hands, and loves to block. I wont be surprised if he is the best TE from this draft 3 years down the road. A TE who makes plays in the run game and passing game.

Joshua Kelley - I know @Russ Smith has talked him up a bit. Tough, physical runner. Hes the type of guy who you watch, and you can tell he puts a hurting on anyone who tackles him. Wears out the defense. The big knock on his game is that he isnt a factor in the passing game.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
100% not true at all. QB,LT Pass rusher by far 3 most important positions in football. Follow the money if you want to know who is valued.

of the top 25 highest paid defensive players only 3 are CB and none in the top 15. It’s pretty much all guys that get after the QB. If an NFL caliber QB has all day to throw he’s going to find someone open eventually.

This is MY opinion that CBs are the second most important position.

Look at what the smartest team in football does: they pay the CB (Gilmore) and let the pass rushers walk.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is MY opinion that CBs are the second most important position.

Look at what the smartest team in football does: they pay the CB (Gilmore) and let the pass rushers walk.

See that’s what we call a false narrative.

cause drugs had nothing to do with them letting Chandler Jones go huh. not a real good impression when you show up the week of a playoff game high off your ass and have to be taken to the hospital.

Traded that offseason.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
See that’s what we call a false narrative.

cause drugs had nothing to do with them letting Chandler Jones go huh. not a real good impression when you show up the week of a playoff game high off your ass and have to be taken to the hospital.

Traded that offseason.

Where did I say that???

The Patriots have let pass rushers go. It's what they do.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
How do y’all feel about doubling down on OL the first two picks? @Chopper0080 @Krangthebrain

Wirfs then Nick Harris?

I dont know. I think the Cardinale need impact at multiple position groups. And just like I pointed out last offseason before the draft, there has to be "openings" for the Cardinals to draft a player.

Is Nick Harris a starter year one?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Where did I say that???

The Patriots have let pass rushers go. It's what they do.

Oh stop lol. You know damn well what you were getting at. The reason Jones was traded for pennies on the dollar was because of character concerns stop acting like it was because they didn’t value his position

they’ve let everyone go it’s what they do, they’ve also resigned pass rushers.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I dont know. I think the Cardinale need impact at multiple position groups. And just like I pointed out last offseason before the draft, there has to be "openings" for the Cardinals to draft a player.

Is Nick Harris a starter year one?
He is.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Oh stop lol. You know damn well what you were getting at. The reason Jones was traded for pennies on the dollar was because of character concerns stop acting like it was because they didn’t value his position

they’ve let everyone go it’s what they do, they’ve also resigned pass rushers.

Which pass rushers have they resigned?

Pass rush is easily nullified if it's one guy. It's better to invest cheaper in 5 moderately priced pass rushers and spend on one expensive cornerback.

I'd still take Young over Okudah, because I think Young is going to be absolutely phenomenal and Okudah doesn't seem to be as much of a sure thing.

Peterson at the top of his game is more valuable than Von Miller was.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
How do y’all feel about doubling down on OL the first two picks?

I am leaning that way.

If Jeudy/Lamb are Julio Jones/Michael Thomas I would take them but I like OL x 2 with Kruger.

We can fix the front 7 in FA easily this year (lots of talent).

Still need a #1 WR.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave