The Panthers are interviewing Mike McCoy today

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Perfect addition to Al Holcomb, getting the band back together!

Panthers hire ex-Browns LB coach Al Holcomb as run-game coordinator (defense).
The Panthers will be a brand new defense in 2020 without long-time stalwart Luke Kuechly in the middle. The decision to add Holcomb was probably necessary considering just how bad this run defense was in 2019. Overall, the Panthers allowed 31 rushing touchdowns; nobody else gave up more than 23.
https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/165/al-holcomb

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score

The Panthers will be a brand new defense in 2020 without long-time stalwart Luke Kuechly in the middle. The decision to add Holcomb was probably necessary considering just how bad this run defense was in 2019. Overall, the Panthers allowed 31 rushing touchdowns; nobody else gave up more than 23.

wait didn’t the Cardinals defense in 2018 lead the league in rushing TDS scored whiled he was DC?

ReasonableMan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Just hire Wilks as Defensive passing coordinator then they are set

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I remember 6-8 years ago, hoping to God McCoy was our next head coach... Who else has the balls to admit it? :p
Can't say I hoped he would get it but I did actually look at him as a possibility. Reason for that is the job he did as OC with the Packers I believe? Whichever team it was, he actually did a good job, not the version we saw for 3 games in 2018. He ended up getting the Chargers HC gig because of his work as an OC. Guess he just forgot how to call plays once he got to SD lol.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Yeah joe Brady is running that offense. McCoy won’t be calling plays or designing them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can't say I hoped he would get it but I did actually look at him as a possibility. Reason for that is the job he did as OC with the Packers I believe? Whichever team it was, he actually did a good job, not the version we saw for 3 games in 2018. He ended up getting the Chargers HC gig because of his work as an OC. Guess he just forgot how to call plays once he got to SD lol.

'twas the Broncos.

I'm guessing he's interviewing for QB coach. McCoy was with the Panthers for the longest spell of his career 00 to 08 and most of that as QB coach.

DumboD

Rookie
Reaction score
Whatever you want to say about McCoy's work with the Cards in 2018, it was not representative of his career. He became the whipping boy for the Cards' bad start. Somebody had to be fired and it was too soon to get rid of Wilkes.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Whatever you want to say about McCoy's work with the Cards in 2018, it was not representative of his career. He became the whipping boy for the Cards' bad start. Somebody had to be fired and it was too soon to get rid of Wilkes.

Meh he has mostly sucked as an OC outside of directing Manning.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose