Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A look at the Suns next 10 games.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns are sitting precariously as the #9 seed with a record of 18-24 and one win away from matching their season win total from last year.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns are so close.

An average backup point guard and a power forward, they could make a run at the playoffs.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Suns are so close.

An average backup point guard and a power forward, they could make a run at the playoffs.

And a decent starting power forward, and an average backup shooting guard and a back up center who gives a crap about this team.

Still a long way off...

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree. Just a competent backup PG and a competent backup big with some athleticism and length. These guys have got to be out there around the trade deadline.

I'm hoping if the Suns trade for one piece they can get the other piece included to make the trade work.

For the right player I would consider including a protected first rounder.

Nothing wrong with filling needs at the trade deadline rather than waiting for the summer if they get the right player.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I agree. Just a competent backup PG and a competent backup big with some athleticism and length. These guys have got to be out there around the trade deadline.

And who starts at power forward and backs up Booker in that scenario?

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I'm hoping if the Suns trade for one piece they can get the other piece included to make the trade work.

Nothing wrong with filling needs at the trade deadline rather than waiting for the summer if they get the right player.

I agree 100%. They'll still need to figure out how to find their future starting PF in the summer, but at the trade deadline, if they can get a competent backups at 1 and 4, they have to do it.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yep. We have assets to fill a role if the right player is there. I would like protections on the pick though.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I mean we have a $19m expiring doing absolutely nothing for us. It shouldn't be hard to find someone wanting to shed some salary by sending away a guy on a similar contract or two guys that add up to a similar contract. Of course we want to try to maintain some flexibility unless we are trading for a star level player.

sinsay

Veteran
Reaction score
I think Suns are close and until the find a backup PG, I think Carter should play.
He if nothing else will play solid D and help create turnovers.

He may not score but he will put an imprint on the game. Dillio has played at a decent clip when given consistent mins.

He may be the backup PF Suns need.

He runs the floor well and seems to be open for lobs but seldom does he get the ball.

If Bridges can score 12 to 15 off the bench along with 10 or so from Baynes. Dillio 6 pts 6 rebs. Off the bench.

Along with Ayton 20 Dario 10 Baynes 10 Dillio 6 that's nearly 50 pts from the big men

Suns can earn a playoff spot.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Detroit is going to blow it up and do a complete rebuild. DRose would be a great third guard.

They want picks. Kaminsky and Jerome and a second rounder. Those are young players that would be part of a rebuild.

That’s about all I would give.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Randle is the semi-realistic 4 I want, but I don't see a way we could get him out of New York though. I'd give up our 2020 first for him with light protections. We'd be lucky to get a talent like him with our pick and recent draft history.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Randle is the semi-realistic 4 I want, but I don't see a way we could get him out of New York though. I'd give up our 2020 first for him with light protections. We'd be lucky to get a talent like him with our pick and recent draft history.
Rose and Randall and we are set.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'd hope for Randall but I think he would be hard to obtain from the Knicks. He is sort of their replacement for Porzingis.

If he were available the Suns should pounce on him. Randle was my secondary target if the Suns didn't sign Oubre so I like him a lot.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I'd hope for Randall but I think he would be hard to obtain from the Knicks. He is sort of their replacement for Porzingis.

If he were available the Suns should pounce on him. Randle was my secondary target if the Suns didn't sign Oubre so I like him a lot.
I honestly don't think he is a particularly good fit. He's not a good shooter and he's not a good defender. He is simply a high volume scorer and I just don't see the fit with what we already have in Booker and Ayton.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I honestly don't think he is a particularly good fit. He's not a good shooter and he's not a good defender. He is simply a high volume scorer and I just don't see the fit with what we already have in Booker and Ayton.

Optimally Randall is not the best fit for the Suns but he is close enough that I would pursue him if he were available. A defensive 4 who can shoot a bit would be even better. For the right price, I'd be satisfied with Bobby Portis and an upgrade at backup point guard.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
But he offers something we need when either the ball doesn’t move for open shots or our shots aren’t falling . . . the ability to score unassisted. And he’s a pretty good rebounder.

he’s not ideal by a shot. Again close to ideal would be if we could find a long athletic shot blocking shooter to fit alongside Ayton. An Ibaka. But absent that finding a young guy with traits that still helps us is a net positive.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No practice today. Two big games ahead for Suns.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No practice today. Two big games ahead for Suns.

wow Memphis has a 7 game win streak going. Suns are 10th, should move to 9th after pending a Suns over Spurs win.