Suns @ Celtics Saturday game thread 1-18-20

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Nice stats! Book missing a triple-double by 1 assist. Bridges with a breakout 26 point game. Three Suns scoring 26 or more. Three with double digit rebounds.
Two with nine assists. Booker 14 out of 15 free throws and Ayton 10 out of 11. Saric with 13 and 11.

'Wish we had a NBA bench. And Starters who can do better late in 4th quarters. Having to come back in early with the bench blowing it in the 4th quarter
probably wears them down.

Last edited:

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I know it's revisionist, but Ayton could have easily been like 12-22 for like 34 points. Had some missed shots that you can typically rely on him making.

Great game for Booker as well, 22/6/5 in the first half and followed that up with 17/4/4 in the 2nd.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score

Nice stats! Book missing a triple-double by 1 assist. Bridges with a breakout 26 point game. Three Suns scoring 26 or more. Three with double digit rebounds.
Two with nine assists. Booker 14 out of 15 free throws and Ayton 10 out of 11.

'Wish we had a NBA bench.
Our bench would struggle to even be a ranked team in college right now , God they're bad

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That first quarter lineup with Carter Jerome and Okobo reminded me of Nash KJ and Kidd if they played now.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I will take this win after watching the Coyotes stink it up today!

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Our bench would struggle to even be a ranked team in college right now , God they're bad
Most of our bench were VERY good college players and are better players now, they would dominate in college. Unfortunately that doesn't mean much for what they are doing in the pros.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The refs are letting Smart get in Booker's jersey on that inbound.

Booker was fouled twice on that play. One foul was committed before the ball was in bounded. It wasn't even called.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Most of our bench were VERY good college players and are better players now, they would dominate in college. Unfortunately that doesn't mean much for what they are doing in the pros.
I agree with this, however we are not as deep as the teams ahead of us in the standings. We need to build this roster, no doubt.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
It doesn't help when we were missing a starter (Oubre) and 2 decent bench players (Kaminsky and Cam)
Ya they would have helped but we are not a deep team at all, when you look at our games basically unless we have atleast 3 starters go off we don't win , we need to make a trade for some depth if we want any hope at making a run at the 8th seed this year

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

Two with nine assists. Booker 14 out of 15 free throws and Ayton 10 out of 11. Saric with 13 and 11.

'Wish we had a NBA bench. And Starters who can do better late in 4th quarters. Having to come back in early with the bench blowing it in the 4th quarter
probably wears them down.
I am calling BS on Ayton's boards. I think Boston shorted him some rebounds.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Ya they would have helped but we are not a deep team at all, when you look at our games basically unless we have atleast 3 starters go off we don't win , we need to make a trade for some depth if we want any hope at making a run at the 8th seed this year

True. The team needs are obvious (pf and backup pg) and I'm not sure we can fix both needs in a trade during this season. However, a move for one would be a big help.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Holy crap, Booker, Ayton, and Bridges were huge! I wonder if Mikal finally found his shot. If he can shoot half as well as he did tonight, he will be an amazing player. Dario and Ricky did a good job tonight- they were both solid. Nothing fancy, but no major mistakes, and they managed to get 21 points between them. I hope Jones can figure out a way to get a couple of role-players who can contribute a little bit before the deadline. This team can be scary if they can add just a little bit of depth.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I will say if dario plays like this more often then pf becomes less of a need
Unfortunately, Dario has been inconsistent at best. He disappears in too many games. One decent game doesn't change that.

We need a starting calibre Power Forward to fulfill the role regularly.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Unfortunately, Dario has been inconsistent at best. He disappears in too many games. One decent game doesn't change that.

We need a starting calibre Power Forward to fulfill the role regularly.

Agreed. That's why it's a big IF

Getting this caliber of play from the power forward position is a big key

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy crap, Booker, Ayton, and Bridges were huge! I wonder if Mikal finally found his shot. If he can shoot half as well as he did tonight, he will be an amazing player. Dario and Ricky did a good job tonight- they were both solid. Nothing fancy, but no major mistakes, and they managed to get 21 points between them. I hope Jones can figure out a way to get a couple of role-players who can contribute a little bit before the deadline. This team can be scary if they can add just a little bit of depth.

In regard to role players, I think getting both in a trade is doable with teams going nowhere wanting to unload contracts.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This bulletin board says a lot.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I know it's revisionist, but Ayton could have easily been like 12-22 for like 34 points. Had some missed shots that you can typically rely on him making.

Great game for Booker as well, 22/6/5 in the first half and followed that up with 17/4/4 in the 2nd.

With small forward guarding him all game, Ayton should have been dunking all game.

Booker's performance was indeed other-worldly.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA