Run for Your Life

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I'm talking about playing style.

According to unofficial Lamb is taller.

Right but Hopkins playing style is possible because he’s so physical. He’s not playing that way minus 20 lbs.

I like Lamb I just don’t see a #1 guy. Juedy is a risk as well because you don’t know if he can bring ball down in traffic. I just don’t want a WR.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lamb has some Hopkins in him in the sense that he’s good at everything but Hopkins was 215 lbs at the combine. DeAndre Hopkins at 195 isn’t DeAndre Hopkins.

I used to want Jerry Juedy but I don’t want a receiver at all at #8. Look at the trenches of the 4 teams remaining... That’s the core of their success (with the exception of KC but Mahomes is that good).

Chiefs had the 2nd best O line in regards to pressure inside 2.5 seconds and were top 10 in pass pro. That was with several injuries.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
He's a free agent, Boyd is already getting paid, and their other WRs were pretty freaking good last year. I don't think Green would even want to go back for a rebuild.

I agree, I don't see Green going back to a rebuild which also means I don't see him coming to the Cardinals either. I really think his preference would be to spend his final couple years with a immediate contender. Think about what he could do teaming with Davante Adams on the Packers or being the final piece in Seattle with Metcalf and Lockett. What a difference he would make in Baltimore. This will probably be his last contract and I believe he will want to be on a team that can contest for the Super Bowl those last 2-3 years.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Talk about taking chances? You’re happy with an aging wide receiver with a foot problem who just missed the whole year. That’s like putting a peice of gum on a tire losing pressure hoping you’ll make it to the next gas station. No thanks.
God I can’t believe how you and I differ on so many things.

Maybe the foot problem was more of Green not wanting to even be involved in the mess that was the Bengals last season. For the last third of the season, the weekly report on Green was he may be available to play yet once Sunday came he was on the inactive list. They kept him on the active roster until the last game of the season before placing him on IR. Why would a team do that if they didn't believe he might be able to play.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Talk about taking chances? You’re happy with an aging wide receiver with a foot problem who just missed the whole year. That’s like putting a peice of gum on a tire losing pressure hoping you’ll make it to the next gas station. No thanks.
God I can’t believe how you and I differ on so many things.

Sure. And when/if he breaks down again we will all be hanging Keim out to dry for doing so.
I wrote part of this yesterday and then the rest of the day got nuts. Sorry for the late answer here.

Well, I think we’re screwed no matter what we do, so I’m trying to plug holes on a leaky ship.

I don’t think the combination of Keim & Kliff will ever win anything of importance so I don't want to make moves that are beholden to Kliff's system in the long term. Green to me seems like the perfect compromise to getting Kyler another weapon (one who is actually proven) and seeing if that helps step his game up, while not swinging and missing on a young WR so high that we find ourselves in 2021 having to replace someone young yet again.

A WR room of Jeudy/Lamb, Kirk, Isabella, Butler, and Johnson in 2021 freaks me out because I literally have no clue if any of those guys are any good, and they're probably all sub-1,000 yard receivers at that point.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I wrote part of this yesterday and then the rest of the day got nuts. Sorry for the late answer here.

Well, I think we’re screwed no matter what we do, so I’m trying to plug holes on a leaky ship.

I don’t think the combination of Keim & Kliff will ever win anything of importance so I don't want to make moves that are beholden to Kliff's system in the long term. Green to me seems like the perfect compromise to getting Kyler another weapon (one who is actually proven) and seeing if that helps step his game up, while not swinging and missing on a young WR so high that we find ourselves in 2021 having to replace someone young yet again.

A WR room of Jeudy/Lamb, Kirk, Isabella, Butler, and Johnson in 2021 freaks me out because I literally have no clue if any of those guys are any good, and they're probably all sub-1,000 yard receivers at that point.

There is no quick fix. Free Agency can plug some holes but rarely equates to difference makers. It comes down to the draft, and that's what a team's nucleus is, and that's what Keim has botched being cavalier from the success he had with Arians. We do not know what we have in those young WRs yet and any WR which can be a true number one is probably coming from the draft which is also going to require a wait and see. Maybe one can get a RT in free agency which can suffice but hardly ever a secure LT or a true number one WR... this scouting staff has to play catch up and hit on players and that is as simple as that and the learning curve anxiety because he has missed on so many picks is of Keim's own doing