Bad Boys For Life

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Columbia Pictures is developing a third installment of the "Bad Boys" franchise, hiring Peter Craig to write the screenplay, says The Hollywood Reporter.

The studio hopes to have a script that would reunite director Michael Bay, producer Jerry Bruckheimer and stars Will Smith and Martin Lawrence. At this point, with the project in the early stages, none has a deal to return.

The first Bad Boys was released in 1995 and grossed $66 million domestically and $141 million worldwide. The 2003 sequel grossed $138 million domestically and $273 million worldwide.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hells yeah

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
If it doesn't have Smith or Lawrence, it will tank.

What was the last action movie Smith has done, After Earth? He wasn't the start in that one though, it was his son doing all the action.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally a trailer... Looks fun...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Full trailer is out, I'm so in. Will Smith and Martin Lawrence are so good together. Hopeful Lawrence is healthy now.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bad Boys for Life

Release Date: January 17, 2020
Syudio: Columbia Pictures (Sony)
Directors: Adil El Arbi, Bilall Fallah
MPAA Rating: R (for strong bloody violence, language throughout, sexual references and brief drug use)
Screenwriter: David Guggenheim
Genre: Action, Adventure, Crime

Starring: Will Smith, Martin Lawrence, DJ Khaled, Vanessa Hudgens, Alexander Ludwig, Charles Melton, Jacob Scipio, Paola Nunez, Theresa Randle

Plot Summary: The new installment centers on the Miami PD and its elite AMMO team’s attempt to take down Armando Armas (Jacob Scipio), head of a drug cartel. Armando is a cold-blooded killer with a vicious, taunting nature. He is committed to the work of the cartel and is dispatched by his mother to kill Mike Lowery.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Full trailer is out, I'm so in. Will Smith and Martin Lawrence are so good together. Hopeful Lawrence is healthy now.

this was awesome. So so so fun. Hysterical and those two together are comedy gold.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
solid popcorn action flick with more character than I expected.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shocked a bit. I liked this movie better than Harley. I have to say that not having Michael Bay at the helm helped this movie IMO. It's the best of all three Bad Boys movies. Never thought I would say that but it is. In fact, I don't recall ever saying a 3rd installment of a franchise was the best. I would have to go back and look at all the franchises.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It was fun and solid. Funny thing is, I'm 2 weeks removed from seeing it and I can't really remember much of it. That tells you something.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was fun and solid. Funny thing is, I'm 2 weeks removed from seeing it and I can't really remember much of it. That tells you something.

I've had that happen to me more than a few times and it's not always due to the movie, most of the time it's my mental and emotional state and/or how well I slept that night (after the movie).

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

That's most popcorn flicks. I watched the first two movies just a several weeks ago in anticipation of these and I can't remember much about either one of those. Then again, that is 90% of Bay movies for me.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I've had that happen to me more than a few times and it's not always due to the movie, most of the time it's my mental and emotional state and/or how well I slept that night (after the movie).
In my experience, it doesn't happen much with movies.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Shocked a bit. I liked this movie better than Harley. I have to say that not having Michael Bay at the helm helped this movie IMO. It's the best of all three Bad Boys movies. Never thought I would say that but it is. In fact, I don't recall ever saying a 3rd installment of a franchise was the best. I would have to go back and look at all the franchises.

Wow, better then then first 2? Never thought I see that posted.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, better then then first 2? Never thought I see that posted.

I don’t think I thought I would have posted that but I really do like it better than the first two.