Kyler Murray Wants to Play in the MLB and NFL

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

I started out by saying this means nothing to me. He's focused on football, he thinks he has the capability to do both, he wants to be great. No problem there. But...

"I don't understand why in sports they try to marginalize it," he said. "They try to make you pick one, and I get it, but we'll see. I think it would be fun. Right now, though, I'm just focused on football."

...The bold scares me a little. Hell, @DVontel would yell at me for saying "we'll see" or "right now, though" about Kyler's relationship to baseball if I insinuated it, much less this.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
He said "I could", that he's athletically capable... but he did not comment on the mental aspect of being a QB and doing MLB and probably was asked the question and having pride in his ability as a young buck did not want to deny he's capable :)

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't believe he was saying that.

He was asked if he thought he was capable of doing it and he said "I think so". That's not the same as saying "I want to".

He only had two options to answer the question, "No I don't think I'm capable" or "Yes I think I could". Nobody with any confidence is going to say the first one.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Current Contract

Kyler Murray signed a 4 year, $35,158,645 contract with the Arizona Cardinals, including a $23,500,000 signing bonus, $35,035,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $8,789,661. In 2020, Murray will earn a base salary of $585,000 and a roster bonus of $1,508,120, while carrying a cap hit of $7,990,601 and a dead cap value of $28,766,165.

Contract Notes:
  • Fully Guaranteed
  • 5th-year option available
  • Offsets available
  • Roster Bonuses due prior to training camp
  • Deal will void if he leaves for MLB

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Current Contract

Kyler Murray signed a 4 year, $35,158,645 contract with the Arizona Cardinals, including a $23,500,000 signing bonus, $35,035,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $8,789,661. In 2020, Murray will earn a base salary of $585,000 and a roster bonus of $1,508,120, while carrying a cap hit of $7,990,601 and a dead cap value of $28,766,165.

Contract Notes:
  • Fully Guaranteed
  • 5th-year option available
  • Offsets available
  • Roster Bonuses due prior to training camp
  • Deal will void if he leaves for MLB
he is talking about playing both, because he was asked, but not about leaving the nfl for the mlb.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
The way I read it...if he plays MLB he loses NFL $

FYI from below:

You must be registered for see images attach

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
This stuff is always funny to me...... Reading in to this or reading in to that........

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ssell-wilson-i-would-honestly-play-two-sports

• by Dan Hanzus
  • Published: April 12, 2015 at 05:43 p.m.

Russell Wilson has said in the past that he hasn't ruled out a return to professional baseball. At what point should we take him seriously?

The Seahawks quarterback offered his latest eyebrow-raising comments to Bryant Gumbel in an interview that will air on the HBO series Real Sports.

Gumbel asked Wilson what's stopping him from once again pursuing a career in Major League Baseball.

"I don't know," he replied. "I may push the envelope a little bit one of these days."

Too all of this I say....... Whatever.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I would LOVE to see him playing CF for the D-Backs!!

How awesome would it be to have a 2 sport star in the valley!! There would be tradeoffs, because he would never be able to finish an MLB season, but it would be cool.

Somehow Deon and Bo did it. One is a HOfer and Bo would have been if not for injury. Special Athletes seem to be able to make it work. Kyler would be in a much different situation being a QB, with the amount of time that takes during the week...but having Kyler be a utility outfielder for the D-Backs in the summer would be pretty sweet!!

Last edited:

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

How awesome would it be to have a 2 sport star in the valley!! There would be tradeoffs, because he would never be able to finish an MLB season, but it would be cool.

Somehow Deon and Bo did it. One is a HOfer and Bo would have been if not for injury. Special Athletes seem to be able to make it work. Kyler would be in a much different situation being a QB, with the amount of time that takes during the week...but having Kyler be a utility outfielder for the D-Backs in the summer would be pretty sweet!!
If it was any of our players outside of our QB I would feel the same way, but a QB needs to be all about football IMO.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

I'd hate it. Murray needs to focus on improving as a QB.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

In a couple years the Dbacks could do a ST invite just for the fun of it. Games would sell the f out.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Basically Kyler would void his contract if he plays in a game of wiggle ball. Close the book on this.

Doesn’t mean his next contract would have the same language, especially if he plays really well for us and has the leverage in negotiations

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson