Starting to warm to Simmons, but ...

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
[QUOTE="pinetopred, post: 4131592, member: 109"]But what does he do well besides cover rb and te and occasionally blitzing. I like the player and how you can use him but not sold yet as a top 10 pick. With the way things are changing I see his value but I dont see spy ability (no instinct in the running game)with a good running QB and not enough ass in the pants to be a full time ILB for at least a couple years, alot of draft capital on a Jack of all player Los Dansby is a great comp 2nd round draft pick not top 10, I do like the player, but top 10 seems like you should be able to get a guy who has a position.[/QUOTE]

He covers tight ends ? Nuf said.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Oh boy. Do you remember how dysfunctional our offense was last year?
Yes. It’s not like Jax was an offensive dynamo. Actually very similar situations. Questionable OLs, injured, less than stellar WRs.

I’m just saying, Minshew had more TDS, less ints, more passing yards/game, and more wins in only 12 starts with a team drafting directly behind the Cards.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Sorry, don’t want this to turn into another Kyler Murray thread.

I take back what I said. Kyler Murray was the greatest #1 overall pick in the history of the NFL draft. Now we can all be happy and move on to this years draft/team.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, don’t want this to turn into another Kyler Murray thread.

I take back what I said. Kyler Murray was the greatest #1 overall pick in the history of the NFL draft. Now we can all be happy and move on to this years draft/team.

Sure. :rolleyes:

pinetopred

Registered
Reaction score
[QUOTE="pinetopred, post: 4131592, member: 109"]But what does he do well besides cover rb and te and occasionally blitzing. I like the player and how you can use him but not sold yet as a top 10 pick. With the way things are changing I see his value but I dont see spy ability (no instinct in the running game)with a good running QB and not enough ass in the pants to be a full time ILB for at least a couple years, alot of draft capital on a Jack of all player Los Dansby is a great comp 2nd round draft pick not top 10, I do like the player, but top 10 seems like you should be able to get a guy who has a position.

He covers tight ends ? Nuf said.[/QUOTE]
He isnt gonna hold up in run game IMO pick your poison. 1st thing I do if I'm an OC is run right at him you better pray he isnt on same side of the field as PP very often. Next year the complaint will be we can't stop the run, at all this year work on fixing the trenches then worry about the perimeter which is where Simmons is good. JMO this could all change with what we do in FA but that is really anyone's guess right now.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Simmons not making it to #8.
It's possible he does if.............? 3 QB's are taken, Young, Wirfs, Thomas, & one of Juedy & Lamb are gone after the 7th pick. I still want Derrick Brown but I would be ok with Simmons. Kid is fast & he makes plays. He doesn't make wow hits but he brings his man to the ground. Still may make it to us if 2 QB's are taken & both Juedy & Lamb are gone.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's possible he does if.............? 3 QB's are taken, Young, Wirfs, Thomas, & one of Juedy & Lamb are gone after the 7th pick. I still want Derrick Brown but I would be ok with Simmons. Kid is fast & he makes plays. He doesn't make wow hits but he brings his man to the ground. Still may make it to us if 2 QB's are taken & both Juedy & Lamb are gone.
I guarantee you Simmons will go before Jeudy, Lamb, & Wirfs. He also might go before Herbert & Tua.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I guarantee you Simmons will go before Jeudy, Lamb, & Wirfs. He also might go before Herbert & Tua.
You may be right? Just throwing out a scenario how it could happen.
My wish list is:
1. Brown
2. Thomas
3. Juedy (if we go defense in FA?)
4. Simmons

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I am not going to warm to any prospect this draft because my own thoughts have never been in accord with Keim, though I find myself just picking different wrong guys than Keim... I only have one thing which I can control, ticking people off leading to the draft lol

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
  • Draft Network mock
  • -‐‐------------------'----

Isaiah Simmons - LB, Clemson

Mekhi Becton - OT, Louisville

Justin Madubuike - IDL, Texas A&M

Khalid Kareem - EDGE, Notre Dame

Denzel Mims - WR, Baylor

A.J. Dillon - RB, Boston College

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
It’s a damn shame Haskins doesn’t even have the quarter of talent Minshew has.
you sure are obsessed with Haskins. Other than you, who ever mentions him?
I pointed out how Minshew had a better year than Murray.

Yes, Minshew had a better year than Haskins too. But what relevance is that? The Cardinals drafted Murray.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think FA will be defense heavy freeing up the draft to fine tune
I hope so. It has to be fixed. These possibilities are fun to discuss but not one person knows exactly how this will all play out. Bottom line...........whatever we do when FA starts in March, we can then have a better idea of how the #8 pick will be used in the draft. Maybe even the 2nd & 3rd rounds? Depends on how many we actually sign in March?

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Simmons still hasn't declared, and today (Friday the 17th) is the deadline...……….

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose