OT Luke Kuechly - Retired

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Clear HOFer, not even close.

There are 10 guys in the HOF played less than 73 games.

If you want something more recent Terrell Davis played 6 years and 78 games.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Shouldn't even sniff the Hall JMO 2 more good years all in but the Hall is best of best he isnt in that category right now, but more power to him I like when guys call it quits on their terms.

Kuechly has been a top 5 defender for the entirety of his career.

Quite a few guys have gotten in that belong aot less.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
He was amazing pre concussions. HOF peak for sure but longevity may hurt his chances. Same with P Willis.

He was better than Willis.

Kuechly has been one of the few ILBs that were true impact players during an era where ILB is generally not an impact position.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
David Baker needs to knock on Luke's front door and inform him that " we have decided that the waiting period for enshrinement is being waived. Congratulations Luke, you are officially a member of the Football Hall of Fame".

Over his 7 year career he missed 7 games. My math tells me he played in well over 100 games. That is a career.

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
Sad! But to question his HoF credentials is beyond silly. He’s on par with Lewis, Urlacher, etc.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
In all honesty, this is where you have to make a decision when taking running backs and ILBs early in drafts. Are you ok if you only get 6 or 7 years out of them before they drop off a cliff or retire. I believe there are arguments to be made from both sides, but it has to start becoming a consideration.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In all honesty, this is where you have to make a decision when taking running backs and ILBs early in drafts. Are you ok if you only get 6 or 7 years out of them before they drop off a cliff or retire. I believe there are arguments to be made from both sides, but it has to start becoming a consideration.

How many players even last 6-7 years on the Cards?

If you get 7 years at any position where you are POY, 5 time All Pro and 7 time pro bowler, you run to the podium.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
How many players even last 6-7 years on the Cards?

If you get 7 years at any position where you are POY, 5 time All Pro and 7 time pro bowler, you run to the podium.
That is why I said there are arguments to be made from both sides.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Getting 6-7 All Pro years out of any position (not including kicker/punter and fullback) is worth at least a 1st rounder, if not multiple.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’d take Willis over Kuechly, but I’ll take Kuechly almost anybody else.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
7 concussions yikes. That video was sad to watch.

isn’t the average career only like 3 yeah.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I'd take Kuechly over any of the other ILB I've ever seen. I've never seen a more complete ILB. If Ray Lewis played today, I think he would struggle in coverage. Not Keuchly, he was very good in zone coverage.

Willie Lanier, and Derrick Brooks were complete ILB'ers.

There are some stud ILBer that have come through this league.

This is not to dissuade what you said, just throwing some names out there that should be on the Top 10, Kuechly is Top 10 all time, IMHO.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Before the injuries hit him I think Navarro Bowman was a better coverage line backer than Patrick Willis.

*See the nfccg against the Falcons

man the 49ers were spoiled with Fangio and that Line Backer crew.

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
Before the injuries hit him I think Navarro Bowman was a better coverage line backer than Patrick Willis.

*See the nfccg against the Falcons

man the 49ers were spoiled with Fangio and that Line Backer crew.

Yes, but everyone forgets that it was really “World’s Strongest Man” Justin Smith that made that defense go. It allowed Willis and Bowman to stay clean most of the time and just tee off on ball carriers.

Precisely why the Cardinals need a stud 3-4 DE to reek havoc so Hicks, Jones, and others can make more plays.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes, but everyone forgets that it was really “World’s Strongest Man” Justin Smith that made that defense go. It allowed Willis and Bowman to stay clean most of the time and just tee off on ball carriers.

Precisely why the Cardinals need a stud 3-4 DE to reek havoc so Hicks, Jones, and others can make more plays.
True.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Kuechly >>>urlacher.

There’s a lot of sentiment that Lance Briggs was better than Urlacher in Chicago.

I don’t think Carolina takes Simmons. They already have a player similar to him but his name escapes me right now.

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
Kuechly >>>urlacher.

There’s a lot of sentiment that Lance Briggs was better than Urlacher in Chicago.

I don’t think Carolina takes Simmons. They already have a player similar to him but his name escapes me right now.

Shaq Thompson

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave