49 best FA PFF

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Is DJ a top 5 LT, no. Is he top 10? Debatable

LOL - its not debatable.

He's been in the league 5 years. You would think he would have dusted his upside off by now and brought it out to show us. The year he played a full season, and a contract year, his is worst graded season in the league per PFF. That's when he's supposed to show his upside.

100% this!

I am fine with DJ one more year as our LT for 8m. For top 5 LT money this year or a long term deal? Hell no. Dude hasn't proven jack and is injured/unavailable as much as he has been available.

Sucks but you can't pay a guy like that.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I truly don't understand why trading one good LT for another (FA) or drafting a tackle high in the draft to replace DJ is a thought process we should be having with so many holes in our team. If we let him go without any compensation....

At least I understand why people don't think it is right to pay Fitz the money he makes. This one truly makes no sense. DJ allowed what, 1 sack all year?

He also had what? 11 or 12 holding and or false start penalties?

I'm on the fence with DJ, Would be hard to let him go, but I'm leery of giving huge contracts, to guys who figure it out and/or miraculously stay healthy come contract years.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I'm on the fence with DJ, Would be hard to let him go, but I'm leery of giving huge contracts, to guys who figure it out and/or miraculously stay healthy come contract years.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HumpD.00/penalties

5 false starts and 5 holdings. His other 4 penalties are 1 ineligible down field, 2 block in the backs, and 1 illegal formation. Not sure if the illegal formation was his fault or if he wasn’t covered up.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He did. That is something that can easily be corrected. He only had 2 of them the year before in half of the season.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
LOL - Yes it is.

Its not mate

Bakhtiari
Whitworth
Armstead
Smith
Stanley
Staley
Brown
Lewan
Peters
Tunsil
Williams
Fisher
Donovan Smith
Jake Matthews
Villanueva
Leno Jr
Castonzo
Okung

Are all consensus better than Hump. I don't think you will find a grade or nfl expert that could argue otherwise. That's 18 guys.

You could then argue guys like Solder, Glenn, Rieff, Dawkins are better.

I don't think he's top 20.

You could then add as many RTs that are better.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its not mate

Bakhtiari
Whitworth
Armstead
Smith
Stanley
Staley
Brown
Lewan
Peters
Tunsil
Williams
Fisher
Donovan Smith
Jake Matthews
Villanueva
Leno Jr
Castonzo
Okung

Are all consensus better than Hump. I don't think you will find a grade or nfl expert that could argue otherwise. That's 18 guys.

You could then argue guys like Solder, Glenn, Rieff, Dawkins are better.

I don't think he's top 20.

You could then add as many RTs that are better.

A lot of them are much older than DJ and only one of them is available this offseason. Tunsil for has good has he has been, had 18 penalties this year and people are still saying he had a great year. Even a guy like Lewan had 11 penalties. Leno had 12.

These penalties are overblown.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is the 4th best LT in the NFC West alone.

If you don't know 15 LT's that are clearly better...you are fooling yourself.

I'm taking Humphries over Okung as things are now.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A lot of them are much older than DJ and only one of them is available this offseason. Tunsil for has good has he has been, had 18 penalties this year and people are still saying he had a great year. Even a guy like Lewan had 11 penalties. Leno had 12.

These penalties are overblown.

What does age have to do with it? You said he was arguably top 10 and he clearly isn't.

Even if you take Whitworth and Peters out he's still barely top 20.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What does age have to do with it? You said he was arguably top 10 and he clearly isn't.

Why wouldn't age matter?

I would take Humpries in the top 10 of all of those tackles considering everything, including age.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

Age is very important when determining whether you want to keep someone around long term or not. It's also important when factoring the likelihood of them still getting better in the future as well.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Age is very important when determining whether you want to keep someone around long term or not. It's also important when factoring the likelihood of them still getting better in the future as well.

Yep. He is 26 years old!!!! Offensive line is definitely a position that ages well.

If the Cardinals followed this foolish notion, watch what would happen....a team in front of them drafts Thomas and another teams trades up and takes Wills.

The Cardinals then scramble and draft Wirfs, a more natural RT...he proceeds to give up 8 sacks and Murray gets hurt.

Crazy talk.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I couldn't find the article for a link but one of the FA "gurus" mentioned rumor has it that his right knee is a BIG concern. LT is an important position and they don't grow on trees, let alone get to FA if there isn't some sort of red flag physically.

It's a gamble to give him a multi year, mega deal just to keep "continuity". The only "continuity" that might occur is him on IR for much of that deal.

Tag him and see what happens next year, maybe. A real conundrum.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The down side of tagging Hump is that all that money hits the CAP this year, if he is re-signed his CAP hit this can be lower.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Man...i hope Justin Simmons hits the market. Anthony Harris is a joke where he is ranked.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Im done talking about the offensive line with people who have complained about the offensive line over the past 2 years and want to invest LESS in it this offseason. Crazy.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Austin Hooper at 30 is pretty funny as well. PFF doubledowning on their grading system.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
When you want to sign your 26 year old LT to a $14m extension and he is ranked lower than 37 year Jason Peters and 37 year old Andrew Whitworth in best free agents available....
Jason Peters got destroyed by Clowney in the Wild Card round. I think he's done so maybe DJ should be above him? Just my opinion.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson