Fire Vance Joseph and hire Wade Phillips

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
It’ll never happen , 100% it’ll never happen

but Wade is better than Vance

Wade knows the Rams offense so that’d be huge and he already has studied the 9ers and Seattle

it’d be a win win

but that’s not how AZ operates.
Find a way to lose is the motto

Count me in.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Also Important. ST Coach John Fassel is leaving the Rams and joining the Cowboys staff.

OP
OP
ARZCardinals

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Also Important. ST Coach John Fassel is leaving the Rams and joining the Cowboys staff.

That's GREAT NEWS! Dude is a BEAST of a special teams coach! Too many take the job and don't do poo with it...as if it's insulting to them....then there are the few like him and the guys in Seattle who take Special team super serious AND IT SHOWS...they make plays, they pin opponents down inside the 15 on EVERY kickoff, they have their players run by the fan base on kick offs to get THEIR base fired up, they create special plays to block fg kicks and punts, they invent.

Then there's the rest who do the same damn old thing and don't even act like the game can be changed on it.

Under BA the Cards started at the 15 after EVERY kickoff (if they were lucky). They lost 10 yards every time and over the course of the game it was 40-50 yards.
and after PP mailed it in on punt returns Cards were dead last...it was just fair catch, fair catch and yea you guessed it, fair catch.

Special teams matters! Glad this maverick is outta the division. Cowboy fans enjoy the new master mind.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That is the most convoluted nonsense...and you're surprised someone isn't following it?

Are you saying we would be firing Vance because he is black and we would prefer a white DC? We have had Ray Horton, Todd Bowles, James Betcher, Al Holcomb, and now Vance Joseph. 4 of those 5 are black.

Our defensive ranking in points has also gone from 17th, 7th, 5th, 7th, 14th, 19th, 26th, 28th

So objectively, Vance Joseph has been the worst of the bunch....race has nothing to do with it.

Also, its already been made clear he's returning...so I'm really not understanding your point? We kept him because he's black and it would look bad to hire a white DC?

Wilks got hired. He sucked and got fired . I don’t care if he was purple. He sucked. Had nothing to do with being black. Oh, and he sucked in Cleveland to...and fired again.

I agree that Wilks sucked soooo bad that he needed to get fired after only one year. That didn't stop many journalists and experts saying it was a bad move by the Cards and race was mentioned.

I am watching NFLN and one of the biggest topics is the lack of minority hirings so far this offseason. This is a HUGE HOT Topic and yes firing VJ after only one year would cause a media nightmare, especially if he is replaced by a white DC.

The non white community is outraged and I can understand why.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I agree that Wilks sucked soooo bad that he needed to get fired after only one year. That didn't stop many journalists and experts saying it was a bad move by the Cards and race was mentioned.

I am watching NFLN and one of the biggest topics is the lack of minority hirings so far this offseason. This is a HUGE HOT Topic and yes firing VJ after only one year would cause a media nightmare, especially if he is replaced by a white DC.

No they are not!! That is such an over-reaction. Football fans want their team to win...they DO NOT CARE what the race of the coach, or the QB, or the owner, or anything is. You put a winner on the field and everyone is happy...period.

People that are "outraged" are not in the NFL, or fans of a team. The NFL is a results driven business. Owners hire the GM they think will win the most games, GM's hire the coaches they think will win the most games, and Coaches put the players on the field they think will win the most games.

Anyone that thinks there is some conserted effort on the part of NFL teams to not hire minority coaches is crazy. Is there an outrage that there are not enough Asian coaches, or Pacific Islander, or Latino...no there isnt...just like there isn't any actual outrage about the number of black coaches.

Go find ONE of these people that is outraged and ask if they would want their team to hire Bellichek or Harbaugh or Pete Carroll and they would all say yes.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Does anybody know what diversity is as players?

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
As good as they say Fassel is he also made one of the dumbest decisions I’ve EVER witnessed in the Cardinals game with that fake punt from inside his own 20 lol. And I wouldn’t be shocked if that was a reason he was allowed to go to Dallas. McVay was lividly pissed!!!

Just sayin
That's GREAT NEWS! Dude is a BEAST of a special teams coach! Too many take the job and don't do **** with it...as if it's insulting to them....then there are the few like him and the guys in Seattle who take Special team super serious AND IT SHOWS...they make plays, they pin opponents down inside the 15 on EVERY kickoff, they have their players run by the fan base on kick offs to get THEIR base fired up, they create special plays to block fg kicks and punts, they invent.

Then there's the rest who do the same damn old thing and don't even act like the game can be changed on it.

Under BA the Cards started at the 15 after EVERY kickoff (if they were lucky). They lost 10 yards every time and over the course of the game it was 40-50 yards.
and after PP mailed it in on punt returns Cards were dead last...it was just fair catch, fair catch and yea you guessed it, fair catch.

Special teams matters! Glad this maverick is outta the division. Cowboy fans enjoy the new master mind.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No they are not!! That is such an over-reaction. Football fans want their team to win...they DO NOT CARE what the race of the coach, or the QB, or the owner, or anything is. You put a winner on the field and everyone is happy...period.

People that are "outraged" are not in the NFL, or fans of a team. The NFL is a results driven business. Owners hire the GM they think will win the most games, GM's hire the coaches they think will win the most games, and Coaches put the players on the field they think will win the most games.

Anyone that thinks there is some conserted effort on the part of NFL teams to not hire minority coaches is crazy. Is there an outrage that there are not enough Asian coaches, or Pacific Islander, or Latino...no there isnt...just like there isn't any actual outrage about the number of black coaches.

Go find ONE of these people that is outraged and ask if they would want their team to hire Bellichek or Harbaugh or Pete Carroll and they would all say yes.

NFLN has reporters stating they have seen texts and tweets about how concerned and upset minorities are about this. They are coaches in the NFL and college ranks that believe they have little to no chance of becoming HC's in the NFL because of what they are seeing. It's not a conserted effort of NFL teams it's simply their natural biases that lead to them hiring whites instead of browns.

It was about 20 years ago that many if not all NFL teams believed that only white players good be a QB in the NFL. Obviously that has been proven wrong and an ignorant point of view. Now the glass ceiling for non white HC candidates needs to be broken.

Why is Caldwell not getting a chance to be a HC? Lewis has had a degree of success in the league that warrants another shot as a HC.

Of course all fans of their teams want them to win but never or rarely hiring minority HC's shows that team owners aren't giving all applicants a fair chance to get the job.

What % of the NFL players are minorities? What % of nfl coaches and FO personal are minorities? What % of NFL players are minorities? If you don't see the huge discrepancy in these numbers you are...…………………. obtuse or ignorant.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
NFLN has reporters stating they have seen texts and tweets about how concerned and upset minorities are about this. They are coaches in the NFL and college ranks that believe they have little to no chance of becoming HC's in the NFL because of what they are seeing. It's not a conserted effort of NFL teams it's simply their natural biases that lead to them hiring whites instead of browns.

It was about 20 years ago that many if not all NFL teams believed that only white players good be a QB in the NFL. Obviously that has been proven wrong and an ignorant point of view. Now the glass ceiling for non white HC candidates needs to be broken.

Why is Caldwell not getting a chance to be a HC? Lewis has had a degree of success in the league that warrants another shot as a HC.

Of course all fans of their teams want them to win but never or rarely hiring minority HC's shows that team owners aren't giving all applicants a fair chance to get the job.

What % of the NFL players are minorities? What % of nfl coaches and FO personal are minorities? What % of NFL players are minorities? If you don't see the huge discrepancy in these numbers you are...…………………. obtuse or ignorant.

There are 1696 players in the NFL during any given season, not including practice squad players.

There are 32 NFL Head Coaching Jobs

There are 32 NFL GM Jobs

Take your own argument and apply it across the league. The plain and simple fact is that the NFL is a results bases business.

70% of the players in the NFL are black. That is majorly disproportionate to one race. In an effort to rectify that, should NFL teams be required to try out a certain number of white, latino, or asian Running Backs before they name their starter? Would we every argue that an asian player who is more skilled and could help their team win more games was not being given a chance to play because of natural biases?

In many many other areas of life, I would agree with you that racial bias plays an unfair roll in peoples lives. In sports, I do not think it does. One of the great things about sports, and why so many people see is as an escape from the harsh realities of life is that it is cutthroat, brutal, and very unforgiving. You either win and prove you are better than the competition, or you will not have a job. It's the same for players, coaches, and GMs. The only ones that are above that are the owners, but that is a different argument to have all together.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Just to clarify the math. This past season.

70% of players were black, 30% other races

25% of HC's were black or latino, 75% of HC's where white.

If one of those ratios is acceptable, then why is the other not?

The only answer that makes logical sense is that NFL teams go with who they think will win the most games, regardless of skin color....not that they are trying to limit the success or opportunity of certain races.

If people are suggesting that the NFL should force or coerce teams into not just interviewing but hiring black coaches, then what would be the difference in saying that every team has to have at least 2 players of Asian heritage on their active roster every week?

As much as people want equality and fairness, you do not want NFL teams hiring people based on the color of their skin. It's bad news in both directions and it will destroy what people love about sports.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are 1696 players in the NFL during any given season, not including practice squad players.

There are 32 NFL GM Jobs

Take your own argument and apply it across the league. The plain and simple fact is that the NFL is a results bases business.

70% of the players in the NFL are black. That is majorly disproportionate to one race. In an effort to rectify that, should NFL teams be required to try out a certain number of white, latino, or asian Running Backs before they name their starter? Would we every argue that an asian player who is more skilled and could help their team win more games was not being given a chance to play because of natural biases?

In many many other areas of life, I would agree with you that racial bias plays an unfair roll in peoples lives. In sports, I do not think it does. One of the great things about sports, and why so many people see is as an escape from the harsh realities of life is that it is cutthroat, brutal, and very unforgiving. You either win and prove you are better than the competition, or you will not have a job. It's the same for players, coaches, and GMs. The only ones that are above that are the owners, but that is a different argument to have all together.
I totally agree with your post. If you demand diversity then you can pick and choose. Why isn’t there a cry for more white RB’s? Can you imagine a league where you were required to field a team of 62% white 22% black and 16% other? This ain’t youth sports. The better players plays. the better players make the team.

Somebody mentioned Marvin Lewis deserving another chance. Really? He coached for umpteen years and had a team with a thug reputation and never did anything to warrant the term “ great coach”. He is a very rich man because of it.

show me a coach that will start a white player that is inferior in talent to a brown player and I’ll show you a loser.

sometime change had to evolve. You can’t force change just for want. Things have evolved and will continue to evolve just like the “ a black player can’t be a qb” has evolved.

can you imagine being forced to have Rosen as our starting Qb because of diversity?

Neither can I.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

You mean 20 years ago when 16 of the 31 teams had African American QBs on their rosters, 5 of the 12 QBs drafted were African American and 9 teams had African American QBs start at least half of their games? Add in Moses Moreno and Jeff Garcia, unless you'd call them White Hispanic, and those numbers go up to 18/31 and 10 Teams with non-white QBs starting at least 8 games.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Totally agree. I wanted both over KK last season

Whilst I very much agree I think Caldwell's personality has more to do with his lack of interviews. Great coach but just doesn't seem to generate excitment.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You mean 20 years ago when 16 of the 31 teams had African American QBs on their rosters, 5 of the 12 QBs drafted were African American and 9 teams had African American QBs start at least half of their games? Add in Moses Moreno and Jeff Garcia, unless you'd call them White Hispanic, and those numbers go up to 18/31 and 10 Teams with non-white QBs starting at least 8 games.

So I should have said 40 yrs ago, my point stands even though you are nitpicking.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

There are 32 NFL GM Jobs

No one is saying that there needs to be quota's or forcing teams to hire a candidate because of skin color. What is being said is that it's ridiculous to think that there are only 3 or so quality minority HC's in this world.

The way NFL owners conduct interviews obviously has room for improvement.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Whilst I very much agree I think Caldwell's personality has more to do with his lack of interviews. Great coach but just doesn't seem to generate excitment.
I agree with this, but the gripe comes from the facts that defensive retreads get hired most years, and Caldwell is an offensive retread that has a better record.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Eric Bienemy is a legit snub this year.
Jim Caldwell should absolutely get an interview over Jim Schwartz.

I think Bienemy will get interviews. I think he was hurt by Matt Nagy this year, who looks a lot less appealing in year 2, that offense wasn't good.

Andy Reid both brings along, but also stunts a lot of coaches. He gets the well deserved credit for the offense, and so his OC is only going to get so much attention.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
No one is saying that there needs to be quota's or forcing teams to hire a candidate because of skin color. What is being said is that it's ridiculous to think that there are only 3 or so quality minority HC's in this world.

The way NFL owners conduct interviews obviously has room for improvement.

I think you are right, but I think focusing that on race is wrong, and demeans candidates that would get interviewed/hired as affirmative action type moves.

NFL owners need to, and seem to be more willing over the last couple of years to look outside the box and take chances on younger, more innovative, less experienced HC's that are not retreads. If more of these young guys come in and show success, more will be hired and the diversity part of it will take care of itself because there will be less retreads and more new coaches.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Eric Bienemy is a legit snub this year.
Jim Caldwell should absolutely get an interview over Jim Schwartz.

Caldwell..... Absolutely.

Bienemy? No way IMO. He was the #3 man just 3 years ago, and the #2 man until 2 years ago. I don't think he is the candidate many tout him as being.

But honestly..... WTH do I know for sure. lol

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson