Fire Vance Joseph and hire Wade Phillips

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
Not sure what Wade’s original positional specialty was/is, but we are down a Dline coach. We could hire him to coach the big uglies and be VJs right hand man like Tom Moore was for BA. Git r done Michael!!!

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
Wade is a 43 guy. Not switching for the 4th time in 4 years....

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Wade is a 3-4 guy.

If he doesn't want to be a DC...then bring him in. If he wants to be a DC he will get a half dozen offers.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
K... Give us at least one good one!
OK, first of all the defense improved the last 3-4 games. You cannot keep changing DC's every year. We need some continuity.

I don't think Vance has lost the players like what happened last year. I see the defense improving next year.

And lastly, I hate to bring it up because I will be flamed, but you cannot hire a white HC with a losing record in college and keep him (and his losing record) and fire a former head coach as your DC who is black. You just have to give Vance a chance. The same chance you are giving K2.

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
OK, first of all the defense improved the last 3-4 games. You cannot keep changing DC's every year. We need some continuity.

I don't think Vance has lost the players like what happened last year. I see the defense improving next year.

And lastly, I hate to bring it up because I will be flamed, but you cannot hire a white HC with a losing record in college and keep him (and his losing record) and fire a former head coach as your DC who is black. You just have to give Vance a chance. The same chance you are giving K2.

Don’t think I was talking about firing VJ in favor of Wade. Nor do I follow how race has anything to do with this topic. Both have coached with both white and black players and coaches.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
It’ll never happen , 100% it’ll never happen

but Wade is better than Vance

Wade knows the Rams offense so that’d be huge and he already has studied the 9ers and Seattle

it’d be a win win

but that’s not how AZ operates.
Find a way to lose is the motto
this!!!

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Don’t think I was talking about firing VJ in favor of Wade. Nor do I follow how race has anything to do with this topic. Both have coached with both white and black players and coaches.
Well, we fired a black HC after one season and hired a white coach with a losing record in college and he had a losing year here and we are going to keep him and fire the black DC after one year? And you don’t follow that? Makes no sense.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Well, we fired a black HC after one season and hired a white coach with a losing record in college and he had a losing year here and we are going to keep him and fire the black DC after one year? And you don’t follow that? Makes no sense.

That is the most convoluted nonsense...and you're surprised someone isn't following it?

Are you saying we would be firing Vance because he is black and we would prefer a white DC? We have had Ray Horton, Todd Bowles, James Betcher, Al Holcomb, and now Vance Joseph. 4 of those 5 are black.

Our defensive ranking in points has also gone from 17th, 7th, 5th, 7th, 14th, 19th, 26th, 28th

So objectively, Vance Joseph has been the worst of the bunch....race has nothing to do with it.

Also, its already been made clear he's returning...so I'm really not understanding your point? We kept him because he's black and it would look bad to hire a white DC?

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

No one is saying hire on Wade to replace VJ. Wade would be a dline coach.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wilks got hired. He sucked and got fired . I don’t care if he was purple. He sucked. Had nothing to do with being black. Oh, and he sucked in Cleveland to...and fired again.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
No one is saying hire on Wade to replace VJ. Wade would be a dline coach.
Wade would NOT be a position coach, rather he'd be defensive advisor...similar to how Kubiak is offensive advisor for Minnesota. It's not rocket science to get this done...AZ would give him the chance to go against the Rams twice a year.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I can only imagine the beatdown McVay will be cooking up if K1 hires Wade. Picture Bradley Cooper without the pills during end of Limitless but coaching football

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score

I get it & understand it.

But, VJ has a track record & it hasn’t been good. We’re just kicking the can down the road for another poor defense in 2020. Poor schemes, poor results are Joseph’s middle name.

A piss poor hiring from day one! Jerry Don’t be blinded by the “1” good performance by the defense. Yes 1, the Seahawks game.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wade would NOT be a position coach, rather he'd be defensive advisor...similar to how Kubiak is offensive advisor for Minnesota. It's not rocket science to get this done...AZ would give him the chance to go against the Rams twice a year.
I like this idea.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Two things that were mentioned earlier that are valid to me.

1. If Wade wants to be a DC...... He will get a ton of good offers.

2. If Wade wants to take a step back and chill out a bit.... Vance loves him and he loves Vance. I could easily see him taking a Tom Moore level position for the defense.

Go get him Keimey Keim!!!

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
There is a reason the Rams are letting Phillips go.
The Rams defense this year was not their biggest weakness or concern...IMO (and this will probably happen with KK, too) McVay now has enough experience to think he should be able to pick all of his coaches...and he's thinking he can upgrade Wade. Maybe he can or maybe he can't.

McVay wants to put his stamp on the entire team now.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA