The need for hot sideline reporters to drown out Baker Mayfield Commercials

OP
OP
Timm Rosenbach

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Yes, I'm sure he's crying into his millions of dollars that come from filming a nationally broadcast series of insurance commercials. Sponsorships are the reason Tom Brady can take a cheaper contract with the Patriots.

Kyler would jump at the opportunity if offered. But he's not a very forward person and isn't all that marketable.

Kyler Murray is the guy who turned down a sure-fire long-term pile of money with no risk of injury from the Oakland Athletics in order to play behind the offensive line built by Steve Keim. The opposite of Baker Mayfield

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Kyler Murray is the guy who turned down a sure-fire long-term pile of money with no risk of injury from the Oakland Athletics in order to play behind the offensive line built by Steve Keim. The opposite of Baker Mayfield
...For way more guaranteed money than he was going to get from baseball. A $16.6 million dollar upgrade.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Baker Mayfield had any shame, he would be embarrassed by the number of his insurance ads that are running repeatedly. Glad that Kyler Murray has more integrity and will not be spending the offseason filming TV ads
Making commercials is lacking integrity?

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He went to a sport he loved more. That doesn't make him some morality hero or whatever you're trying to do here

OP
OP
Timm Rosenbach

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Making commercials is lacking integrity?

Commercials are for players who proved themselves. I will never fault a veteran (Like Aaron Rodgers) for racking up advertisement money. But I question a guy who comes out in his second year and plays like garbage after an offseason of filming numerous advertisements. I don’t remember any rookie QB having this many advertisements after his rookie year. Can you name one?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Commercials are for players who proved themselves. I will never fault a veteran (Like Aaron Rodgers) for racking up advertisement money. But I question a guy who comes out in his second year and plays like garbage after an offseason of filming numerous advertisements. I don’t remember any rookie QB having this many advertisements after his rookie year. Can you name one?
I highly doubt making commercials had a single thing to do with his performance. That's like believing in a flat Earth.

Companies came to him because they found him marketable. The entire sports media world hyped him up all summer.

He did his job and said yes to easy money of making commercials. All the hype and marketing is on the hypers and marketers.

You act like you'd turn down a pile of money to do an insurance commercial or whatever the hell those commercials are form nonsense.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
To make big baseball money takes a lot of time and a lot of killing it in the pro game. Pure projective nonsense.

That wasn't me coming at Kyler Murray, just the nonsensical idea his decision had nothing to do with the money he could get right off the bat. I think most of us would take the immediate $34 million or whatever above the hopes you're gonna make $200 million.

(I kinda think you were agreeing with me, but not totally sure.)

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why can't people just be hired based on their talent? Why do they have to be hot, why do they have to be female? Can't you just hire the best person for the job?
Ok if you do that that then no women play in the NFL so the best qualified is likely going to be a guy

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That wasn't me coming at Kyler Murray, just the nonsensical idea his decision had nothing to do with the money he could get right off the bat. I think most of us would take the immediate $34 million or whatever above the hopes you're gonna make $200 million.

(I kinda think you were agreeing with me, but not totally sure.)
I was commenting about the other dude

gamebird98

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Give me some good ole' fashioned Suzy Kolber.

You must be registered for see images attach

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I would like to do a commercial with the AT&T hottie.

‘Member her?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Why can't people just be hired based on their talent? Why do they have to be hot, why do they have to be female? Can't you just hire the best person for the job?

Yes, they should be female and hot. The majority of the audience is male, so most likely that is the demographic you are trying to appeal to.
It reminds me of many years ago when there was an uproar about discrimination that Hooters wouldn't hire male servers. When I go to Hooters, Twin Peaks or any other of these "breastaurants" your damn right I assume there is going to be a good looking female server.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Ok if you do that that then no women play in the NFL so the best qualified is likely going to be a guy
I disagree there are plenty of women who are talented, but may not be "hot" in some people's opinions. My point is if there is a person who is not considered hot, but is the more talented person...Oh never mind. It doesn't really matter, I just hate the OP for calling my wife names. I don't watch football to be see a hot sideline reporter. I watch for entertainment. Couldn't care less if the person talking is a male or a female, hot or not.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Yes, they should be female and hot. The majority of the audience is male, so most likely that is the demographic you are trying to appeal to.
It reminds me of many years ago when there was an uproar about discrimination that Hooters wouldn't hire male servers. When I go to Hooters, Twin Peaks or any other of these "breastaurants" your damn right I assume there is going to be a good looking female server.

Well maybe I am just an old man, but I have been watching for over 50 years and back in the day there were no women, no sideline reporters....I'm still watching.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of muting the TV when I watch football. There is nothing that any of these morons can say that is enlightening to me. If we're at home, and playing well, I'll tune in to listen to the crowd reaction. Otherwise, no volume is WAY better.
If only technology would allow us mute those 2 live crews ( pun alert ) and keep the ambient noise. I'll take the on field officials too.

MUTE the BOOTH

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I highly doubt making commercials had a single thing to do with his performance. That's like believing in a flat Earth.

Companies came to him because they found him marketable. The entire sports media world hyped him up all summer.

He did his job and said yes to easy money of making commercials. All the hype and marketing is on the hypers and marketers.

You act like you'd turn down a pile of money to do an insurance commercial or whatever the hell those commercials are form nonsense.

and he comes off well. Self assured. I find them funny and better than most.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson