WILL LARRY RETIRE OR...

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Niners were #31 last year & are the 1 seed this year.

Niners and Bills turned things around quite quickly. Teams go from worst to first in a division regularly now. That is the great thing about the NFL. The Cards played the Niners tight twice and beat the Seahawks. A potential playoff spot next year is quite feasible

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And they are way more talented then us especially on D
Look, I also understand that they were 31 because of the Garoppolo injury last year. But, an OLineman here & WR there & this offense could be very dangerous. Add defensive players in FA or via the draft & they could be significantly better. Murray is a huge difference maker, far more than what Garoppolo is.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He has $11 million reasons to return to AZ. Which actually adds up to $4 million more than any other team would offer.

I love Larry, but paying the same as Keenan Allen and WRs at that level is dumb.

He’s the 32nd ranked WR by stats but paid as top 10.

shoot most teams put their 3rd or 4th best CB on him...if you paid attention

if you don’t get how the cap works you don’t understand....essentially you are paying $25 for a loaf of bread when every other person is paying $4 for loads of similar bread. Leaving u with a lot less to buy the rest of the groceries.

Last edited:

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Our yearly off-season"Will Larry...?" thread lol

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
At some point, can't Larry actually take a team friendly deal and be paid according to his production? I mean we have paid him 150+ million dollars...can't he play this year for 6 million?

Does he want to be a Cardinal for life because he loves AZ and the team, or because we are the only ones dumb enough to pay him twice his value on the open market?

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I agree at this point he needs to take a pay cut. He’s made his money.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can’t ask him to take less money. That’s an insult. But what we can do is structure his contract to pay him 5 m this year and simplified incentives. Remember next year we are free DJ’s 14m and another 15m if PP decides to walk.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fitz has been basically on an $11m base salary since 2015 and he didn't ask for a raise when he caught 100+ balls.

He won't be taking any less and the chances that Mike Bidwill will suggest such are slim and none - IMO.

If CAP space is a consideration they can sign a 2-year deal at $22m, as they did in the past and turn $10m from year one into a bonus split over two, which frees up $5m this offseason. If he retires after next season, we have a manageable $5m CAP hit in 2021; if he plays the total cost is $16m.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
We need to get more targets, a great TE and two burners and our offense is good to go.

If we have two speed WR's then Larry will be easily worth the money but you have to have other targets to get teams off him. I just listed what we need on offense I believe we should get oline help but our oline coach is curiously like hella good so we can patch that up and go. On defense we need the most help but it's not that bad we can fill in a lot of it in one offseason if done right.

With more WR's targets and a TE target that's legit we will look hella good running the ball too.

That all leaves the defense which isn't as bad as all that.

This team could easily make the playoffs next year and win it all a year after that if the cards are played right.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave