2020 Top Worst to First Candidates

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
2) Arizona Cardinals (NFC West, 5-10-1)

Kyler Murray's strong rookie season, which included a not-insignificant number of inspiring wins driven by his ability to make plays with both his feet and his arm, will power a lot of optimism in Arizona. Among the offseason priorities should be improving the talent defensive coordinator Vance Joseph has to work with after that unit ranked 32nd in 2019. The Cardinals' chances of challenging the 49ers, Seahawks and Rams in the NFC West will be a lot stronger if Larry Fitzgerald returns for another year, and if running back Kenyan Drake re-signs after breaking out as an in-season trade acquisition. Kliff Kingsbury did a heckuva job in Year 1, helping Murray's career get off to a promising start.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...als-top-nfls-worsttofirst-candidates-for-2020

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
2) Arizona Cardinals (NFC West, 5-10-1)

Kyler Murray's strong rookie season, which included a not-insignificant number of inspiring wins driven by his ability to make plays with both his feet and his arm, will power a lot of optimism in Arizona. Among the offseason priorities should be improving the talent defensive coordinator Vance Joseph has to work with after that unit ranked 32nd in 2019. The Cardinals' chances of challenging the 49ers, Seahawks and Rams in the NFC West will be a lot stronger if Larry Fitzgerald returns for another year, and if running back Kenyan Drake re-signs after breaking out as an in-season trade acquisition. Kliff Kingsbury did a heckuva job in Year 1, helping Murray's career get off to a promising start.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...als-top-nfls-worsttofirst-candidates-for-2020
The part I bolded is why you take Simmons at #8 and not a RT. As much as I'd like Jeudy or Lamb, Simmons will make the biggest impact on this team.
Hell, they could've had their Jeudy or Lamb last year if they'd had taken AJ Brown at the top of round 2 like many of us were clamoring them to do.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They put Miami #1, which is puzzling.
I don't think so... they won 5 of their last 9 after trading away most of their talent. That speaks to good coaching and morale. Now they have tons of cap space and a huge haul of draft picks to improve the talent on the team.

They've still got the Patriots and Bills ahead of them, so i don't expect them to win the division next season... but then the Cardinals still have the 49ers, Seahawks, and Rams ahead of them, so if the Cardinals are #2 on this list, why shouldn't the Dolphins be #1?

...dave

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
I don't think so... they won 5 of their last 9 after trading away most of their talent. That speaks to good coaching and morale. Now they have tons of cap space and a huge haul of draft picks to improve the talent on the team.

They've still got the Patriots and Bills ahead of them, so i don't expect them to win the division next season... but then the Cardinals still have the 49ers, Seahawks, and Rams ahead of them, so if the Cardinals are #2 on this list, why shouldn't the Dolphins be #1?

...dave

The Dolphins tanked for Tua but ended up playing well for the second half of the season. Their division is terrible. I could see them adding a ton of talent with their picks and space. But I would like to personally thank them for a Kenyan Drake. They messed up on that move

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Worst to first? Really doubt it.Every team in the division would have to regress and I sure as hell don't think that's happening.Too many holes a little faith in the FO to fix them all in one off season.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Worst to first? Really doubt it.Every team in the division would have to regress and I sure as hell don't think that's happening.Too many holes a little faith in the FO to fix them all in one off season.

You should expect the 49ers and Seahawks to regress some. It’s extremely hard to win 13 games in a season, and Seattle enjoyed really remarkable luck in one-score games.

Would the Cards be able to get to 10 wins to take advantage of that regression? I dunno. The Rams are also likely to regress upward after coming back to earth following their Super Bowl run.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
You should expect the 49ers and Seahawks to regress some. It’s extremely hard to win 13 games in a season, and Seattle enjoyed really remarkable luck in one-score games.

Would the Cards be able to get to 10 wins to take advantage of that regression? I dunno. The Rams are also likely to regress upward after coming back to earth following their Super Bowl run.

So who`s to say that even with a slight regression from Seattle and SF that the Cards can improve enough to be serious threats for the division..i don`t see that happening next season.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
So who`s to say that even with a slight regression from Seattle and SF that the Cards can improve enough to be serious threats for the division..i don`t see that happening next season.

The Cards had 7.1 estimated wins according to Football Outsiders and their weighted DVOA was 15th. It's extremely possible the Cards could win 9 or 10 games and be in the wild card hunt next season.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It’s possible on paper. We have a top 10 pick, loads of cap space and set at QB. Improve the defense and get Murray some more weapons .