Cardinals a Candidate for “Hard Knocks”

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are exactly the type of team that will want to avoid it. They cleaned house in the FO, and even if Marone stays, there is a lot of turmoil there.

Then they have Foles, who they are paying a lot of money...but they have the far more popular Minshew. They want to tell people who their starting QB should be, not have people watch hard knocks and make up their own opinion.
Coughlin ran that team like a reformatory. They need a P R bump and an image redo.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Seems like the Patriots would be a good ratings draw..... I bet they've approached BB a few times, and he told them to shove up their arse.

And if it were forced upon the Pats, He'd probably tell his players to do their best Hellen Keller impersonation every time the camera's were rolling.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Seems like the Patriots would be a good ratings draw..... I bet they've approached BB a few times, and he told them to shove up their arse.

And if it were forced upon the Pats, He'd probably tell his players to do their best Hellen Keller impersonation every time the camera's were rolling.

Teams are exempt from being forced to participate in three circumstances: (1) they have appeared in the past ten years, (2) they have a first-year head coach, or (3) they reached the playoffs in either of the two preceding seasons.

so since the Pats make the playoffs every freaking year they can’t be featured.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Teams are exempt from being forced to participate in three circumstances: (1) they have appeared in the past ten years, (2) they have a first-year head coach, or (3) they reached the playoffs in either of the two preceding seasons.

so since the Pats make the playoffs every freaking year they can’t be featured.
They can be featured, just not forced. If, for some crazy reason, BB called up the league office and volunteered, the Pats would be selected.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I have a feeling that it’s gonna be us this summer
Us or the Steelers. My money would be on the Steelers since they missed the playoffs & Ben coming back. I could be wrong but the ratings would be higher having the Steelers. Just threw up a little typing that lol. I hope I'm wrong. I've been wanting the Cardinals to be on "hard knocks" since they started doing it.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Its a great show. I watch it every year regardless of the team. It really only impacts a few guys that get featured, and sometimes changes your feelings on a coach.

Last year we got introduced to Darren Waller from the raiders, who had a great story of coming back from addiction and turning his life around, and he had a GREAT year.

A few years ago with the Dolphins it made me REALLY dislike Joe Philbin. He looked completely lost, and what I remember most is that he was really concerned there wasn't any cursing during the rookie talent show. Just something completely stupid to worry about in a room full of grown men.

Anyway, I always get a kick out of watching some of the coaching behind the scenes. It drives home how pure and cutthroat football is at the same time. If you are not good enough, you are gone. If they find someone better, you are gone.

I would love to see the cards on it. I don't think its a distraction, because its during preseason and between other shows, online stuff, and stuff done by the club itself....these guys are constantly on camera anyway. I think the biggest reason that teams don't want to be on the show is that they don't want dirty laundry aired, and they are afraid someone (coach or player) will make a fool of themselves.
Excellent post. I feel the exact same.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
irrelevant.
Lol. Now you sound a bit libby, there, my friend. Just because they disprove your feelings doesn’t make facts any less factual. If the show wasn’t a distraction, teams wouldn’t have to be forced to participate. It’s pretty basic.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Also, why has t the nfl forced the patriots to be on it? God knows everyone is dying to know what goes on in there.

Son of RedRage

All Star
Reaction score
That would be awesome as long as it's not a distraction. Does anyone know the track record for hard knocks teams?

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
Got curious and did some digging. Hard Knocks has actually had a lot of teams who had winning records come season's end.
-'01 Ravens (Super Bowl Winners)
-'08 Cowboys (9-7, didn't qualify.)
-'09 Bengals (Lost wild card.)
-'10 Jets (AFC Championship)
-'13 Bengals (Lost wild card.)
-'15 Texans

And of course, a few got close to the playoffs. Funniest of the bunch is the '14 Falcons, who, despite a 6-10 record, would've been able to go to the Playoffs if they had just been able to beat the Panthers in Week 17.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
have to believe the Steelers are the team

national following, etc

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
It's probably

Steelers
Cardinals
Broncos
Jags
Lions
On the national stage, my guess would be:
Steelers - Public team. Tomlin, returning Ben, Juju magic, Watt, etc.
Broncos - Elway, semi-public team, Lock, Vonn Miller
Cards - K1 & K2, PP & Chandler.
Lions - Ugh.... Patricia maybe?
Jags - Minshew Mania maybe?

I think @kerouac9 posted some national google search results that may speak to how minimal our coverage is east of the Mississippi river.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
have to believe the Steelers are the team

national following, etc
agree. If the Steelers weren't eligible, Cardinals might be picked. NFL knows they may not get another shot at getting Pittsburgh again. They can
get the most of the rest almost anytime.