Bowl Games..who do we watch?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
The argument for Drake is he did great this year and has low carries in his career, the argument against him is he has low carries because he was always hurt in college. With Taylor I would say two things, he hasn't shown he can catch the ball, had a drop today for example, and I just am always worried with a RB who's had that many carries in college.

But he's certainly very impressive, and I agree on a rookie contract if you get the same years out of him you do out of Drake you're better off money wise. Just hard to know if he can catch the ball, can he pass protect etc.

I do think its' quite possible, almost likely that Drake prices himself out for us.
Just for fun, I pulled APs stats from Oklahoma. Taylor compares well...has 150 more carries, but also about 10 more games in college (AP was injured), so similar per game carries. Taylor does have 24 catches and 5 receiving TDs this season, fwiw.

You must be registered for see images

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just for fun, I pulled APs stats from Oklahoma. Taylor compares well...has 150 more carries, but also about 10 more games in college (AP was injured), so similar per game carries. Taylor does have 24 catches and 5 receiving TDs this season, fwiw.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OK but that's like comparing a great college science student to Einstein, Peterson is an extreme outlier in terms of how long his career lasted.

I misread the stats I thought the 24 catches was his first year not his 3rd, that's a good sign that as he gets closer to the NFL he's showing more diversity in play.

No idea where he projects in the draft I almost don't even bother looking at RB's for the draft anymore, unless it's a Saquon Barkley type freak of nature.

I've said it before if we lose Drake one of the guys I'd want us to pursue to replace him is Matt Breida, combine numbers very similar to Barkley across the board(except Breida did at pro day wasn't invited to Combine), he is the absolute perfect RB for our offense, breakaway speed, elusive, and a very good receiver. The concern would be injuries, he's been nicked up 2 of his 3 years but nothing major. The way Mostert broke out 2nd half and the way Coleman is paid and with McKinnon's mini David Johnson contract issue, it seems very possible Breida is a FA. Same concern as Drake though if he's looking for a big raise he might price himself out.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Wisconsin RBs don’t have a ton of success in the NFL despite all the college success they seem to have.

also Taylor is a fumbler, I think they said 18 for his career.

I am watching the Rose Bowl and Herbert does not impress me at all, although he is more athletic than I had realized his passing is mediocre.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Taylor is going to be a great RB (Nick Chubb 2.0) but he is not the right guy for Kliff. That would be Deandre Swift.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Big LSU homer here.

Man I hope Chaisson brings it tonight!

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Later round guy to watch:

*Patrick Queen, LB, LSU (6-2, 233, 4.72)
The NFL has been posting “want ads” for linebackers who are physical, but can also cover and play on passing downs. And that is why Queen makes the cut as a Day 2 prospect. He needs to be more consistent as a wrap tackler, but his smooth movements dropping in space is a desirable trait.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Simmons having a strong game so far!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Coming out Strong!

. *Isaiah Simmons, LB, Clemson (6-3, 228, 4.47)
Clemson’s defense isn’t the dominant unit it was last year (four defenders drafted in the top-40 last April), but Simmons is a difference-maker. A true four-down player, he can blitz, play the run, cover in the slot and play special teams – and do it all at a high level. Simmons will be one of the first defensive players drafted in April.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Couple of LSU defenders to keep an eye on.

Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU (6-0, 194, 4.46)
Although he must improve his tackling and body positioning, especially if he wants to handle slot duties in the NFL, Fulton stays in the pocket of receivers with his patient process and athletic traits. He shows the natural feel for reading route breaks that plays at every level, making him a first-round player.

*K’Lavon Chaisson, EDGE, LSU (6-3, 239, 4.64)
Athletes who can get after the quarterback will always be coveted by NFL teams. And although Chaisson must get stronger and diversify his rush attack, he displays impressive edge speed to stress blockers, converting his first step quickness to power.

*Grant Delpit, DS, LSU (6-2, 206, 4.56)
Despite winning the Thorpe Award as the nation’s top defensive back, Delpit did not have the 2019 season that many expected, especially vs. the run (22 missed tackles). But an ankle injury is partially to blame and his range and instincts in coverage are still desirable traits, making him worthy of a mid-to-late first round pick.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The game is great, but this style of in-game reporting is pissing me off. They're smart assey snipping at each other while calling plays. It's like watching TMZ call a big game.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone have an ESPN stream? My usual source is super choppy tonight.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Would love to know how many 5 start high school recruits are in this game tonight... The talent level across both teams is insane.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose