Bowl Games..who do we watch?

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Poor officiating has been the norm during bowl season.

Derrick Brown has bust written all over him.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just don’t get how people don’t see it in Derrick Brown. He’s as dominate as they come and not only that he’s produced every year he’s been in school he’s not a one year wonder or a kid who came out of nowhere. Not one single red flag on him character wise

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
I just don’t get how people don’t see it in Derrick Brown. He’s as dominate as they come and not only that he’s produced every year he’s been in school he’s not a one year wonder or a kid who came out of nowhere. Not one single red flag on him character wise
Exactly. I give the Minn3sota OL some credit for double teaming a neutralizing him somewhat, and they made plays in big situations. But this is a legit NFL big body who gets after it. Put him on the strong side for ten years.

I also would love to grab Tyler Johnson the Minn. WR shortly thereafter. He's a great route runner and pretty elite hands. Larry would love the Minneapolis native also.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Man I really like Jonathan Taylor. If Drake leaves, I wouldn't be upset drafting Taylor ( not sure what round he's projected )..and also draft a WR high...IMO having those skill guys on rookie deals is huge. Fill out DL, LB in FA.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
watching Justin Herbert, he just doesnt look like a first round QB prospect

some passes, he looks great

others: yikes

no consistency

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Cephus, Jr WR for Wisconsin, has a great pair of hands...reminds a little of Boldin.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Never have been a Herbert fan. Always thought he’s been overrated.

it will be interesting to see where Taylor goes. He may be the guy whose 40 time has the biggest impact on where he gets drafted.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Never have been a Herbert fan. Always thought he’s been overrated.

it will be interesting to see where Taylor goes. He may be the guy whose 40 time has the biggest impact on where he gets drafted.
Personally I don't care about his 40 time...he's one of those guys where you just put on the tape.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
My favorite player all bowl season, and I don’t know his name or what year he is, is the TE from Penn St.

He’s a monster.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My favorite player all bowl season, and I don’t know his name or what year he is, is the TE from Penn St.

He’s a monster.
Pat Freiermuth. His nickname is baby Gronk being from the Massachusetts area. All that dude does is catch touchdowns and definitely has a future ahead of him

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man I really like Jonathan Taylor. If Drake leaves, I wouldn't be upset drafting Taylor ( not sure what round he's projected )..and also draft a WR high...IMO having those skill guys on rookie deals is huge. Fill out DL, LB in FA.

Very good RB but over 900 carries in 3 years makes you wonder how long of an NFL career he'll have

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Very good RB but over 900 carries in 3 years makes you wonder how long of an NFL career he'll have
Meh, if you get 3 or 4 years out of him on a rookie contract, it's all good. Also, he's probably more plug and play be other rookie RBs that only have a year of starting in college.

The argument against Drake is his age...you may only get 3 or 4 years out of him, but in a FA contract, which may be more costly than the rookie deal.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meh, if you get 3 or 4 years out of him on a rookie contract, it's all good. Also, he's probably more plug and play be other rookie RBs that only have a year of starting in college.

The argument against Drake is his age...you may only get 3 or 4 years out of him, but in a FA contract, which may be more costly than the rookie deal.

The argument for Drake is he did great this year and has low carries in his career, the argument against him is he has low carries because he was always hurt in college. With Taylor I would say two things, he hasn't shown he can catch the ball, had a drop today for example, and I just am always worried with a RB who's had that many carries in college.

But he's certainly very impressive, and I agree on a rookie contract if you get the same years out of him you do out of Drake you're better off money wise. Just hard to know if he can catch the ball, can he pass protect etc.

I do think its' quite possible, almost likely that Drake prices himself out for us.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave