John Dorsey out as GM...

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Keim just needs to stick to the PFF rankings like he did last year. It might sound stupid to some...but I'm seriously in favor of it. PFF uses a lot of analytics and generally speaking does a decent job of putting players into tiers.

What we need Keim to do is find FA vets that will play all season. We can't afford to spend 70 million in FA and still have to start mid/late round rookies because everyone is injured.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think the main reason Keim is still here is because a new GM will want to bring in his own HC and not stick with the old regime's guy. You can't fire Kingsbury because he is married to Murray's potential success. Murray will not fit in another scheme, that is what we committed to by taking him. Murray has a bright future but only in an air raid type system so unless we are firing Kingsbury and replacing him with Mike Leach or Lincoln Riley then we are stuck with Keim and that REALLY SUCKS.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Keim just needs to stick to the PFF rankings like he did last year. It might sound stupid to some...but I'm seriously in favor of it. PFF uses a lot of analytics and generally speaking does a decent job of putting players into tiers.

What we need Keim to do is find FA vets that will play all season. We can't afford to spend 70 million in FA and still have to start mid/late round rookies because everyone is injured.
PFF has Simmons as their #1 LB. His coverage grade was over 90 all season long.

1. Isaiah Simmons, Clemson
Simmons is the new wave of versatile coverage defenders who can seamlessly shift between multiple roles. Clemson splits Simmons’ time fairly evenly between the box, the slot and deep. He has shown capable in each role, with only 134 yards allowed in his coverage all season.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Which is absolutely mind boggling to me. SK was a scout in our organization for yrs before becoming the GM.

maybe in the draft, Keim is no better than random-ness

Mike B could put me in charge of he draft armed with nothing more than internet rankings.

I could nail three drafts in a row -- and would regale fans and the media talking about their football IQ, or them being natural knee benders, or how they roll their hips through contact, and convert speed to power, etc, etc.

but that would be pure random luck rather than skill. I would likely botch the next few.

I think Keim, like ~20 other NFL GMs, is just a random evaluator of talent in the draft.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Which is absolutely mind boggling to me. SK was a scout in our organization for yrs before becoming the GM. How did he get the job if he didn't scout well for us? What the hell happened to his scouting skills?
He was a full time scout then. Since stepping into the GM seat that has only been a small part of what he does. Instead he is mostly relying on his scouts to do the scouting for him and he would then review what he's received.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Dorsey is the smartest guy in the nfl, just ask him.
There’s a reason both KC and Cleveland let him walk.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson