With the 8th pick in the NFL Draft......

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want either Lamb or Wirfs.

Defense should be addressed with our cap space

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Wait! Doesn't Lamb play for Oklahoma? Of the defense lacking Big 12 conference? Must be way over rated. Too bad. I thought he might be a good player/prospect.

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Trade down and build the defense. Yetur Gross-Matos and Trevon Diggs would be very nice.

I'm telling you, a strong defense with the offense K1 can lead is a SB winner.

Last edited:

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'd be ok with Lamb, but just wish we could trade back and still get him.

This team needs more talent.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My biggest issue with WR in round 1 is that the gap in talent between a WR at 8 and a WR in round 2 is very minimal compared to other positions.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
My thought as well.

Only fear is that Keim would get the 1 guy that doesn't work out.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Matt Millers 3 round mock

The Pick: WR CeeDee Lamb, Oklahoma

The torch can be passed from Larry Fitzgerald to CeeDee Lamb on draft day as the Arizona Cardinals select a new WR1 who has experience with the scheme head coach Kliff Kingsbury is running and a familiarity with quarterback Kyler Murray. There isn’t a better match for a wide receiver in this class than Lamb to Arizona.

For the Cardinals, it could be tempting to take the first offensive tackle in the draft here, but it remains to be seen how much general manager Steve Keim and the head coach will value offensive linemen early in the draft. They could instead rely on Murray’s athleticism and a quick passing attack to mitigate pass-rushers.

Lamb won’t blow anyone away with his testing times at the NFL Scouting Combine, but his tape is clearly special thanks to his physicality, catch radius body control.

40. Cardinals: Creed Humphrey, IOL, Oklahoma

72. Cardinals: Raekwon Davis, IDL, Alabama
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ular-season-predictions?share=twitter#slide34

No way Davis is there at #72. I would take him at #40!!

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Russell Wilson has been fine without elite WRs and OL. We need to raise the bar on defense. It’s the reason we lost most of our games this season.

I think draft defense and use FA money re-signing our OL, re-signing Drake, signing another WR (Perriman?), and other holes/depth. First few picks should be defense.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I continue to beat the drum for a defender who can pressure the QB and be good versus the run.Pressure on the QB makes the DBs job easier if the QB can`t sit back and enjoy the luxury having all day to pick a WR.

Skipper1111

Rookie
Reaction score
I trade down, we have many needs and one even amazing player is not going to make us better when you can’t block, cover, catch, etc.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too early for me to gloat about Jeudy? That wasn't even a deceptive route they single covered him and he simply outran the guy despite the cushion

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Too early for me to gloat about Jeudy? That wasn't even a deceptive route they single covered him and he simply outran the guy despite the cushion
That was a safety trying to pick him up deep. It was either a blown coverage somewhere or they really thought a safety could cover Jeudy.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Eh I didn’t see anything that a good wr shouldn’t be capable of. That was the weirdest/worst defense design I think I’ve ever seen. Give a quality wr free release off the line and 20-25 yards before anyone (much less a safety) picks him up?

pinetopred

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sold on Simmons think he is good space player, that isnt gonna be able hold up as 3-4 ilb kinda feel he is the freakish athlete that doesn't have a true position, at least with the games I saw he would be a big upgrade covering TEs but I have to watch more film to be convinced he is a top ten player haven't seen it yet.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
draft Simmons.

say no to Derrick Brown. He’s sloppy fat.

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Jeudy's 2nd catch and release was better than the damn bomb. haha

P.S. Wills looks like crap so far. His pass protection needs serious work. Even Alum and Bama homer Greg McElroy called him out from the booth once in the 1st quarter.

McElroy also said he thinks Tua comes back. That would be bad for us.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jeudy's 2nd catch and release was better than the damn bomb. haha

P.S. Wills looks like crap so far. His pass protection needs serious work. Even Alum and Bama homer Greg McElroy called him out from the booth once in the 1st quarter.

McElroy also said he thinks Tua comes back. That would be bad for us.

Yeah Tua coming back would be a big blow for us.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eh I didn’t see anything that a good wr shouldn’t be capable of. That was the weirdest/worst defense design I think I’ve ever seen. Give a quality wr free release off the line and 20-25 yards before anyone (much less a safety) picks him up?

Agreed but so far he's literally the only WR they have who can get open, Smith and Ruggs have combined for 3 catches for 16 yards in this game. See what happens when a team doesn't put 2-3 guys on Jeudy, he's not that easy to cover.

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I really think you need to look for elite physical and in-game traits. It's why I blew the horn for Kyler and why I still whine about not going after Doncic over Ayton.

Jeudy has elite..... transferable traits. You can't teach that ankle-breaking elusiveness, instant acceleration, or the street smarts to always know the right way to go when you make your first step after the catch.

Same goes for Simmons. The dude makes INT's, Tackles, Sacks, and has a level of athleticism that instantly transfers to the NFL. His coverage ability over the middle is Kuechly level and his speed and instincts are almost..... ALMOST..... comparable to HoneyBadger.

Talking about Lamb with the "He makes contested catches" routine makes me wonder why you think that's a good thing. The kid is a YAC warrior, no doubt..... but he is not the same level that Jeudy is.

Jeudy's 4th catch at the 6 minute mark of the 2nd quarter....... INSANE. Just hesitated and blew past the CB. With the way he's talking about him.... Dave Pasch may propose to Jeudy by the end of this game.

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Wills keeps getting beat in this game. Michigan is destroying him in pass defense.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson