John Dorsey out as GM...

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We all know Keim isn’t going anywhere but I for one would take a shot on Dorsey...In only two years he dramatically improved the talent on the Browns roster.

This guy has an eye for talent, which I think is first and foremost a skill a GM must possess.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Ugh. I wish we could make a switch. I guess it's smart of them to clean house if it's new coach time, though. Dorsey stuck with Hue and then promoted Kitchens. Gotta make moves.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Have to assume that Dorsey and ownership were not seeing eye to eye on a coaching direction. Dorsey assembled a ton of talent only to have it squandered by Kitchens. Of course, have to wonder how much of this has to do with Steve Wilks and who picked that buffoon to lead the defense.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Dorsey might just be a s*** human being to work with.

I remember reading about him & Eric Berry butting heads & Berry refusing to talk to the man after that.

He also cut Jeremy Maclin through voicemail after the team went to his wedding just not long before that.

Good talent evaluator, but just seems like a shady dude from what I read over in Chiefs’ forums.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
He's a good talent evaluator for sure, but that talent is mentally unstable.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
I think Dorsey might just be a s*** human being to work with.

I remember reading about him & Eric Berry butting heads & Berry refusing to talk to the man after that.

He also cut Jeremy Maclin through voicemail after the team went to his wedding just not long before that.

Good talent evaluator, but just seems like a shady dude from what I read over in Chiefs’ forums.
Well Keim traded Rosen and didn't say anything to him or even give him a heads up , so there's that lol

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ugh. I wish we could make a switch. I guess it's smart of them to clean house if it's new coach time, though. Dorsey stuck with Hue and then promoted Kitchens. Gotta make moves.
It's the crazy Haslam ownership. Statement said...

" The Cleveland Browns and general manager John Dorsey have mutually agreed to part ways, the team announced on Tuesday. This comes after Dorsey met with owner Jimmy Haslam as the two tried to come an agreement on the restructured front office that Cleveland is set to endure." Maybe Dorsey is the smart one. Would have liked to have been in that meeting room. Imagine the F bombs were flying.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The browns have had 2 winning seasons in 20 years and none since 07 and guys want to hire there GM.

Oh ok

Ill never get it
and Dorsey was there for 3 years, not 20. That team actually improved despite the whacky ownership.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
The browns have had 2 winning seasons in 20 years and none since 07 and guys want to hire there GM.

Oh ok

Ill never get it

This guy was responsible for what the Chiefs built. Along with Reid..... He is just as responsible. Before that the Packers twice and the Seahawks

He's partly responsible for drafting Clay Matthews, Aaron Rodgers, Mahomes, Hill, Hunt, and many many more.

he also helped build the talent in Cleveland.

Hell yeah I would want him.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This guy was responsible for what the Chiefs built. Along with Reid..... He is just as responsible. Before that the Packers twice and the Seahawks

He's partly responsible for drafting Clay Matthews, Aaron Rodgers, Mahomes, Hill, Hunt, and many many more.

sounds amazing why’s he out of work?

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Easy...... He's an *****. hahaha

That makes him perfect for Keim.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
sounds amazing why’s he out of work?
Husband and Wife, the Haslam ownership are right there with Dan Snyder. Jimmy Haslam and wife went from defrauding long haul truck drivers to NFL ownwership. Dorsey will be hired soon IMNSHO.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Ted Thompson called the shots in Green Bay but Dorsey has been a good evaluator too.

The6

All Star
Reaction score
We're next?

I keep refreshing sports pages hoping to here K has been axed.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Ted Thompson called the shots in Green Bay but Dorsey has been a good evaluator too.
He was the director of College Scouting. What your saying can be compared to Adub, Boldin, Dockett, & Dansby were drafted by Graves and Keim gets no credit for it.

He had a big hand in all of those moves. Then went to KC and dominated the draft there. Then went to Cleveland and built a squad that Kitchens tore to pieces this season.

The guy is full of street cred.

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
He’s also very close friends with Keim. Or does no one remember Round 1 draft night before selecting Kyler??? It’s was Dorsey on the phone “effing” with Bluto right before the first pick. Cut from the same cloth unfortunately!

Last edited:

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
He’s also very close friends with Keim. Or does no one remember draft right right before selecting Kyler??? It’s was Dorsey on the phone “effing” with Bluto right before the first pick. Cut from the same cloth unfortunately!
That's right! He called him "Dorse" IIRC. #BlutoSynergy #BlutoDorse

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
if Dorsey doesnt get another GM job

we need Mike B to hire him as "special assistant to the President..." if nothing more than to get a different perspective on how to evaluate college players
Which is absolutely mind boggling to me. SK was a scout in our organization for yrs before becoming the GM. How did he get the job if he didn't scout well for us? What the hell happened to his scouting skills?