OT: Are Philip Rivers & Eli Manning future Hall of Famers?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Eli is borderline.

Phillip Rivers, lol. Lets just say I’ll put Matt Ryan in the HOF before Rivers.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Rivers is borderline but yes based on numbers. He should have won an MVP or two in his prime.

Eli borderline as well but yes based on the postseason. He beat Brady, Favre and Rodgers in their MVP caliber seasons.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eli no question. Winning the Super Bowl twice (isn't that the whole point?) puts him in.

Rivers? Borderline

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
These two have nowhere near the historical importance of Namath.

I say Eli yes, Rivers no.
Also totally different game now compared to then , a QB had to actually be tough and take a hit lol

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also totally different game now compared to then , a QB had to actually be tough and take a hit lol

He was one tough SOB in spite of his reputation as a glamor guy. I loved to watch him play when I was a kid.

NYCARDS

Registered
Reaction score
Both No. Eli was average QB who had some good years but HOF should be reserved for the best of the best

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Eli has 2 rings, which will get him in more than likely, but I don't think the entirety of his career warrants it.

Rivers, no.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Both will easily make it in. Eli for the major Super Bowl duels, Rivers because he’s a top 10/top 5 QB in all important statistical categories over many other HOFers.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
They are in the same boat for different reasons. One with great stats but no championship, and one who got the ring but lesser stats... could go either way but Eli probably has the better shot, though in their prime I would take Rivers without a second thought

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Eli has 2 rings, which will get him in more than likely, but I don't think the entirety of his career warrants it.

Rivers, no.

I never considered Eli better than guys like Romo or Rivers but what you win in February is the goal so I don’t have a problem with him getting in.

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Neither. Manning is just big city Jim Plunkett. Rivers has had a long, above average career. I can't think of a single year where I ever thought of Rivers or Manning as one of the three best quarterbacks in the league.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had the Chargers kept Eli and the Giants kept Rivers, probably Eli would've retired years ago after a mediocre career and been forgotten by now, while Rivers could've won a couple Super Bowls with the Giants and been a sure-fire Hall of Famer with both the stats and the rings!

...dbs

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Second one was a GOAT caliber throw given it happened on the final drive.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach
Also the one to Tyree was put in a spot that he could catch it. Not Eli's fault that Tyree ultimately ended up having to use his helmet to complete the catch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson