If Keim gets fired, do we know by Monday?

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Of course the HC and GM are going to collaborate, but as GM your job is to staff the best roster, so it's on him no matter if it is his scouts, coaches or his gut giving him bad advice time after time.
True but Arians became bigger than life and I am convinced his influence tilted certain picks his way and Keim didn’t stand strong

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t believe Keim is going anywhere. I would not be upset if he was relieved of his duties but keep in mind any replacement would have to be totally on board with Kliff and Kyler which probably wouldn’t be a problem.

The6

All Star
Reaction score
Lol. Thanks for that astute observation. I hope you are nestled snug and tight in your safe space.

Big word for you " astute"

You might want to proff read your sentence structure in that post, smart one

Happy trails....

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why do these same dumb threads keep popping up? He’s not going anywhere. He doesn’t deserve to go anywhere. He got a DUI. Get over it.

An extreme DUI. His second DUI. Not smart enough to learn from the first time? Takes a special kind of carelessness.

What world do you live in where you casually brush off someone getting an extreme DUI? It's 20-freaking-19 !! There is no excuse for getting a DUI. None. Maybe if you were to get hit head-on by a drunk driver or lose a few friends to drunk drivers (as many of us here have experienced) it would impact you a little more.

The6

All Star
Reaction score
An extreme DUI. His second DUI. Not smart enough to learn from the first time? Takes a special kind of carelessness.

What world do you live in where you casually brush off someone getting an extreme DUI? It's 20-freaking-19 !! There is no excuse for getting a DUI. None. Maybe if you were to get hit head-on by a drunk driver or lose a few friends to drunk drivers (as many of us here have experienced) it would impact you a little more.
Well said ..

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

I don't think anyone would argue that what Keim did was dumb as it clearly was, but he ultimately got 1 DUI while an employee of the Cardinals and therefor I don't particularly expect them to hold the first one against him (happened back in 1996). A lot of employers wouldn't fire you over getting one DUI while under their employment and I understand why Keim wouldn't get fired over it either. That being said if he were to go out and get another DUI right now I would be very surprised if he didn't get fired immediately.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don’t believe Keim is going anywhere. I would not be upset if he was relieved of his duties but keep in mind any replacement would have to be totally on board with Kliff and Kyler which probably wouldn’t be a problem.
Yeah, he's not going anywhere this year. He has 3yrs with KK to be a playoff contender. If they regress next year he could get the boot, otherwise I really think he's here for 2 more years.

I just wish he'd trade out of the 1st round.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Yeah, he's not going anywhere this year. He has 3yrs with KK to be a playoff contender. If they regress next year he could get the boot, otherwise I really think he's here for 2 more years.

I just wish he'd trade out of the 1st round.
They won't regress, but he still can't draft worth beans.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know he's not being fired

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Keim shoulders a lot of the blame and it’s well deserved. However Arians should be blamed for some of these picks as well. The success he had early on led to some bad draft picks due to his influence.
Then that’s even more reason to fire Keim. He’s had two coaches push him around for talent. When has Keim truly been the Man in the draft room? A good GM knows when to step up and take the best players available in the draft. It was obvious to anyone with a brain that DK Metcalf was a better WR than Andy Isabella, but Kliff insisted on him. Keim should’ve vetoed that move. Tail wagging the dog.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Until you remember that this franchise has had 6 winning seasons in the last 21 years.

80's - 2 winning seasons
90's - 1 winning season
2000's - 2 winning seasons
2010's - 3 winning seasons

Keim winning seasons - 3 out of 7 (with one 7-8-1 and one 8-8).

Fitz said yesterday that this was the best 5 win team he has ever been on. How sad it that? He has been on some bad teams.
That’s Stockholm syndrome stuff. Don’t keep accepting garbage bc it’s better than the worse garbage we’ve had before. That’s just a terrible mentality.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
True but Arians became bigger than life and I am convinced his influence tilted certain picks his way and Keim didn’t stand strong
Well then that’s a different, but still awful, shortcoming of bluto’s.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wrote back in the draft that there was no way Keim makes the daring moves of hiring a college coach with a losing record, trading his QBotF in Rosen and drafts a new QBotF #1 unless he was given assurances by Bidwill that he would get two years.

It also jives with why we loaded up so much dead cap space last year instead of spreading it out while signing aging vets and guys on one year deals.

He knew he had nothing to lose this last year and everything will be judged on next year.

Which is why all the multitude of fire Keim threads were pointless exercises of self flagellation

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I wrote back in the draft that there was no way Keim makes the daring moves of hiring a college coach with a losing record, trading his QBotF in Rosen and drafts a new QBotF #1 unless he was given assurances by Bidwill that he would get two years.

It also jives with why we loaded up so much dead cap space last year instead of spreading it out while signing aging vets and guys on one year deals.

He knew he had nothing to lose this last year and everything will be judged on next year.

Which is why all the multitude of fire Keim threads were pointless exercises of self flagellation

There was always little chance of Keim getting canned unless KM had an awful season and the team showed no progression. Not sure what his leash is now, but it’s hard to imagine Keim surviving a season in which we don’t win more games. Although The Bidwills have always given the GMs a longer leash than they deserved. Graves should’ve been fired like 4 years before he actually was

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haven't read whole thread but saw this online today. Keim has drafted 42 players since he was the GM, 9 of them are still on the roster tied with Cleveland for the worst in the NFL. Note the stat says rate not total number of players so I assume they mean % of drafted players still on the roster.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Haven't read whole thread but saw this online today. Keim has drafted 42 players since he was the GM, 9 of them are still on the roster tied with Cleveland for the worst in the NFL. Note the stat says rate not total number of players so I assume they mean % of drafted players still on the roster.
Ladies and Gentlemen your 2020 Arizona Cardinals GM.:(

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
That sure answers the question that was being brought up by some others...

Obviously Keim's not going anywhere, but... wow.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

#firebluto

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
That’s Stockholm syndrome stuff. Don’t keep accepting garbage bc it’s better than the worse garbage we’ve had before. That’s just a terrible mentality.
That's exactly why I don't understand the "well we're better then last year" posts