Which Picks Seem Fairly Certain

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
To start figuring out who the Cards will take you need to decide who’s gone. Of course nothing’s etched in stone, but some things seem highly probable.

1 Cincy - Burrow, QB
2 DC - Young, Edge
3 Det - Brown, DT (fans haven’t forgotten Suh, looked at Okudah, but pressure says Brown.
4 NYG - Jeudy, WR (no certainty, maybe Lamb, validating Jones pick & dumping OBJ, liked Okudah’s bowl)
5 Mia - Tua, QB (they didn’t tank and fail to come out without QB).
6 SD - Herbert QB (tricky spot, want QB but would rather trade w/NYG & get Tua, if not Simmons)
7 Car - Okudah, CB (Herbert maybe if there, like Kinlaw, DT, would love to trade pick)

Much depends on how Herbert tests in workouts. Good chance someone takes Simmons & Okudah before Cards pick, especially if Herbert tests poorly. Lamb has overtaken Jeudy on some boards. Detroit, NYG, SD & Carolina would trade for right offer.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would love to get Kinlaw. He's a beast and a physical freak. He is under the radar his because he played for a poor South Carolina team. But I always watch SEC channels every week and he gave evey oline fits. And you all know the quality of lines in that conference even if you don't follow it.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What position(s) do you feel need the biggest upgrades? At this time who do you think would be best for us a pick #8?

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
#1 and #2: locks

at #3, Detroit goes defense. Brown or Okudah. They have two tackles signed to big $, their WR room is solid (esp including TE) but the defense was abysmal. Given CAR and LAC lurking just at the edge of QB range, they would trade down with either them, or MIA.

wildcard: does Detroit take a QB? Stafford has been...…… ok. But do they move on?

at #4: I think NYG goes Andrew Thomas. current RT is a free agent and JAG as is. Gettleman is a believer in offensive and defensive linemen.

#5 and #6 I agree.

#7.
I could see a NYG / Panthers swap to allow Carolina to grab the QB they want, while NYG feels like the OL they want will still be there.
I think if they don't move up to get a QB, I see best OT here -- Wirfs?. They are starting a 2019 6th round pick at LT.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
1 Cincy - Burrow, QB - YEP
2 DC - Young, Edge - YEP
3 Det - Brown, DT (fans haven’t forgotten Suh, looked at Okudah, but pressure says Brown.
4 NYG - Jeudy, WR (no certainty, maybe Lamb, validating Jones pick & dumping OBJ, liked Okudah’s bowl)
5 Mia - Tua, QB (they didn’t tank and fail to come out without QB).
6 SD - Herbert QB (tricky spot, want QB but would rather trade w/NYG & get Tua, if not Simmons)
7 Car - Okudah, CB (Herbert maybe if there, like Kinlaw, DT, would love to trade pick)
Agree with 1, 2, 3, 5, & 6.

Herbert is going to crush his workouts.... and his nature fits in perfectly in San Diego. So does Tua actually.

The Giants need secondary help IMO. With Shephard, Tate, & that other rookie, I don't see a WR going there. ESPECIALLY with Gettleman staying.

Carolina may choose between Jeudy, Epanessa (sp?), Lamb, or someone else.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I think Carolina's pick could be influenced by whomever is named the new HC. Allen is not the answer at QB and I think they are ready to move on from Newton. In all likelihood they are looking for QB.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I think Carolina's pick could be influenced by whomever is named the new HC. Allen is not the answer at QB and I think they are ready to move on from Newton. In all likelihood they are looking for QB.

I agree. I don't think WR is even among their top 5 needs so I doubt they go that direction.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Word on da streets is Carolina is hoping for Hurts to fall to the 2nd and grab him then as the new QB. Might pick up a bridgewater or Dalton as a stop gap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This is a thin quarterback draft pool. It is going to take a king's ransom to move up the board to grab Herbert or Tagovailoa.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Most of the above top 7 scenarios point toward our having our pick of offensive tackles when we pick at #8.

I think a lot depends on how those top 7 teams rank different players.

Quite possibly, we could deal #8 for a couple of high picks if the right prospects figured to still be available.

Another possible wild card - someone we rate, say, #1 - 4 drops down to us at #8.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Most of the above top 7 scenarios point toward our having our pick of offensive tackles when we pick at #8.

I think a lot depends on how those top 7 teams rank different players.

Quite possibly, we could deal #8 for a couple of high picks if the right prospects figured to still be available.

Another possible wild card - someone we rate, say, #1 - 4 drops down to us at #8.

Well the good news is the guy we draft this is always what Keim tells us. lol

Not a Keim hater at all, but could not help it on this one lol

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
Burrow/Young at one and two... the only certainty in the draft so far, but even this can change
I'm confident tua goes before we pick. Herbert is likely to as well. Many time, people who blow up the draft got early. So simmons, jeudy prob go.

I hope herbert falls to 8 and someone really wants him

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I’m lousy at multi quote, so here’s my response. So much of selections nowadays depend on public relations. Yes the Giants took QB Jones against public opinion but they have to now justify that decision and letting OBJ go was controversial. The public was somewhat divided on him but they have to replace him preferably with a potential star. Dr. Jones I’m hearing Gentleman actually wants a big time WR at this point. Still, it’s early and the coaching selection could change decision. Any of these picks could be traded to someone targeting Tua.

Detroit is much the same way. Fans have remembered they let Suh leave. It’s true they have a major need at corner. Plus, Okudah is outstanding and local. I’m just hearing they have Brown above him, but it’s still early. Possible trade down for someone looking to grab Tua.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Thanks @Harry

I would be suprised if Gettleman makes that decision based on track record but could understand the allure of a Jones/Saquon/Jeudy combo for the next 3 to 5 years.

IIRC Gettleman is a line first drafter. Followed by his love for defense. If Jeudy turns out to be a smoke screen, Thomas, Brown or maybe even Okudah (His new Norman?) could be in play. Heck.... Okudah looks and measures out almost identical to Josh Norman. Combine will tell the tale as I am very interested in his arm length, 40, and cone drills.