End of Season - Where are you? Darksider or Lightsider?

Lightside or Darkside?

• Total voters

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol
The list of the darksiders
After reading some Solar7 comments recently its clear he is a bit fickle or more likely, he just like trolling sometimes

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Lol
After reading some Solar7 comments recently its clear he is a bit fickle or more likely, he just like trolling sometimes

I LOL at the sunshine pumpers. That said everybody has the right to feel how they want.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One season after drafting the "transcendent" top pick KM I see a team that showed a bit of improvement that is still drafting in the top 10 with many issues to be resolved and a FO/GM who have as many misses as hits in FA/draft.A QB who has flashed talent and has also played poorly at times.KM proved to be wildly inconsistent in the red zone. 20 TD passes is good but 12 interceptions and 48 sacks refuted the " escapabity so he won't get sacked or he rarely throws ints".All in all he had a okay rookie season but being the top pick more should have been expected.Some will say I am nitpicking and I don't like KM.I didn't like it but he's the QB until the next shiny new toy comes along.It might be a unpopular opinion and the cheerleaders will be upset but too bad.My opinion and I don't really care who it upsets .Last I heard freedom to post a opinion was still allowed here.

In the NFL it is rare for a rookie QB to light it up. KM being in the running for rookie of the year exposes your bias IMO. If I could go back in time I would prefer Lamar Jackson over KM but that may change with KM getting a true offseason to prepare and the experience he has gained. Most of the rookie mistakes he was making he has already fixed.

He has gotten sacked more that I thought he would but I won't be shocked if his sacked totals end up being top ten for fewest next year.

The other option was staying with Rosen and I think most if not all of us realize we had to move on. Staying with Rosen would have been disastrous.

You don't upset me with your posts but I do feel bad for you.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One season after drafting the "transcendent" top pick KM I see a team that showed a bit of improvement that is still drafting in the top 10 with many issues to be resolved and a FO/GM who have as many misses as hits in FA/draft.A QB who has flashed talent and has also played poorly at times.KM proved to be wildly inconsistent in the red zone. 20 TD passes is good but 12 interceptions and 48 sacks refuted the " escapabity so he won't get sacked or he rarely throws ints".All in all he had a okay rookie season but being the top pick more should have been expected.Some will say I am nitpicking and I don't like KM.I didn't like it but he's the QB until the next shiny new toy comes along.It might be a unpopular opinion and the cheerleaders will be upset but too bad.My opinion and I don't really care who it upsets .Last I heard freedom to post a opinion was still allowed here.
Don’t take it personal. Enjoy reading your opinions. Now let me address your opinions.
1. Kyler. I don’t know what more you can expect from a rookie Qb thrown in from game one running a new offense and a rookie head coach. Keep in mind every player on the offense was learning a new offense.
2. Just about every qb has a bad game. See Russell Wilson last week.
3.At least 10 of his sacks was from running out of bounds instead of throwing it away. He has stopped doing that. But since you brought it up you didn’t mention the o- line. I don’t see anybody on this o-line going to the pro bowl.
4. He has done this with a less than stellar wr corp.

so again I respect your opinion but imho I think it’s a bit harsh and shortsighted. Doesn’t make you wrong and me right.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I wonder how many of the "lighter side" handles here are operated by Arizona Cardinals PR team.

Sent from my 6060S using Tapatalk

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I am optimistic about both Murray and Kingsbury. I am not so much a believer in Vance Joseph and I have zero faith that Steve Keim is capable of building this team to a contender. I guess I am in the "in between"

Guess I will have to wait for the offseason to end before I commit one way or another.

Seeing that the teams first priority seems to be retaining AQ Shipley doesn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside...it just highlights the multi-season failure to identify a Center that is more than below average that we have to settle for his return.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I also believe Keim has learned from his mistakes for the most part and like most/all of us aren't perfect at out our jobs at first and get better with time and experience. Keim's learning curve was funky because he started out hot and then make his mistakes and now should be trending upwards at a high rate.
Based in your grades he gets a C. So he’s average. Except the outcomes haven’t been average for two years. So he’s likely earned a C- or D+.

also, I’m curious what leads you to your belief he’s learned anything? I mean, what empirical evidence can you point to to support that belief? Or is just like regulus belief based on blind faith? Also why “should” he be trending upward? Right now his trend is jagged at best.

#firebluto

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Don’t take it personal. Enjoy reading your opinions. Now let me address your opinions.
1. Kyler. I don’t know what more you can expect from a rookie Qb thrown in from game one running a new offense and a rookie head coach. Keep in mind every player on the offense was learning a new offense.
2. Just about every qb has a bad game. See Russell Wilson last week.
3.At least 10 of his sacks was from running out of bounds instead of throwing it away. He has stopped doing that. But since you brought it up you didn’t mention the o- line. I don’t see anybody on this o-line going to the pro bowl.
4. He has done this with a less than stellar wr corp.

so again I respect your opinion but imho I think it’s a bit harsh and shortsighted. Doesn’t make you wrong and me right.

Fair enough.We agree to disagree.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I hemmed and hawed about which side to vote. Having a qb, to me, is the biggest piece of the puzzle. This causes me the most pause. But ultimately the lead of the entire organization, particularly with a neophyte head coach, is gm. As long as bluto is in charge of our team construction, cap availability and draft capital I’m going to remain a darksider.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Based in your grades he gets a C. So he’s average. Except the outcomes haven’t been average for two years. So he’s likely earned a C- or D+.

also, I’m curious what leads you to your belief he’s learned anything? I mean, what empirical evidence can you point to to support that belief? Or is just like regulus belief based on blind faith? Also why “should” he be trending upward? Right now his trend is jagged at best.

#firebluto

Some of those grades are based on circumstances based on not having a legit QB, that makes just about every GM look bad.

I guess I'm taking a Steelers approach in that churn often caused more harm than good. Keim has done some great moves which gives me hope that the mistakes are mostly a thing of the past.

I will add that some of the criticism's with Keim are simply not accurate; for example he prefers small colleges and all those picks are busts. He has found more gems than misses.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I went light based on the fact that this was always a 2 year situation with Keim and Kingsbury, in my mind anyway. I think Keim tried to get some older guys in this year on one year deals to accelerate the process and most did not work out. However, it didn't really hurt the cap situation moving forward either(I think Suggs has some dead money but that is it).

Seems to me the depth of free agency is defense so if they can build that side of the ball up and be a middle of the league type defense I think that will do wonders for them on both sides of the ball. Giving the offense an additional two or three possessions just by getting off the field on third downs earlier in drives.

I am very interested to see how the off season goes, I think we are in for some surprises both good and bad unfortunately.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Or maybe your view of the team isn't shared by as many people as you assumed.
That is clear.

Sorry pal there are no positives in consecutive 10+ loss seasons. Everything positive is Cardinals PR trying to make fans forget about the record. And the fact this GM has one playoff win in seven years and next playoff win is unlikely until 2021, another Cardinals decade is lost. A decade. You wanna crown their... go ahead as the late Great Denny Green said.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I will add that some of the criticism's with Keim are simply not accurate; for example he prefers small colleges and all those picks are busts. He has found more gems than misses.

Gems? Like who?
2019 is too early to judge, looks like he nailed the first rounder though (as he should when he picks #1 overall)

Lets look at the five drafts before that...
2018 draft has 3 players left and only 1 guy who starts but isn't anything more than an average player (Kirk)
2017 draft has 2 players left, Reddick is STILL a project but this year Baker has shown he is an NFL quality Safety
2016 draft ZERO players left on the team
2015 draft 3 players left--Humphries, Johnson and Gunter--Johnson doesn't even see the field anymore and his current contract is an albatross
2014 draft ZERO players left on the team

I don't think anyone expects him to be 100% on his picks but of 33 picks over that span (2014-2018) we have 8 players left on the roster. Our ability to find an impact player in the first round has been abysmal, Kyler was very likely a gift and not a measure of Keim's ability to draft (having the #1 pick sure didn't hurt).

That drafting record and the boatload of dead cap this year are indictments of Keim's ability as a GM. The team has no depth because of his failure to build through the draft.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
That is clear.

Sorry pal there are no positives in consecutive 10+ loss seasons. Everything positive is Cardinals PR trying to make fans forget about the record. And the fact this GM has one playoff win in seven years and next playoff win is unlikely until 2021, another Cardinals decade is lost. A decade. You wanna crown their... go ahead as the late Great Denny Green said.
Sorry pal, but there can be plenty of positives when comparing this year to last year. This team was quite a bit better this year than last and that was with a rookie QB and a rookie HC. They also have a bunch of cap space for free agency and a high draft pick to potentially get another difference maker. There is without a doubt things to be positive about and because of all these things I like the overall outlook for the future of this team.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Our offense has gone from #32 to #11. In Kyler's first year. I understand that there are a lot of Kyler haters on this board, but TRY to show some objectivity. 32/11.
Yes, but Kyler is only one piece of a large puzzle.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Our offense has gone from #32 to #11. In Kyler's first year. I understand that there are a lot of Kyler haters on this board, but TRY to show some objectivity. 32/11.

11? Everything I see says 21 (based on offensive yards, 16 in points scored). 32 to 21 is ok but then it gets balanced out that our defense went from 20 to 32...that is sort of a wash.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
Mine is actually quite simple almost every team has serious injuries to players or legal troubles(Philon) its how the coaches and players adjust that makes the difference in KK and KM we saw they went from a 4-5 WR set to a 2-3 TE set that shows a rather remarkable turnaround ftom all of the previous coaches WHIZ and BA included generall In itself shows this Team is headed in the Right Direction

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This season turned out exactly how I wanted it to from the beginning...5-6 wins and being "in almost every game". During the season it got very frustrating, because we were literally a few key plays away from winning 3-4 more games (and also losing 2 more) but all that comes with learning how to win and rookie QB/HC mistakes. We could have easily won 8 games this year by eliminating some self imposed hurt.

This off-season becomes REALLY important, in that we now need to give KK and KM what they need to be successful, which includes a middle of the pack defense that can make stops and get off the field. It's not just about building up an air-raid offense, it's about putting together a roster that could close out those close games without shooting ourselves in the foot.

I would like to see a heavy investment in the D-Line, as I think that is the cause of most of our problems on defense. I also think we need another solid ILB. Hicks was great, but has his limitations.

If we sign 2 solid, proven vets for the D-Line (not over the hill, injury prone dudes) and we draft Isiah Simmons or get a starting quality ILB in the first 3 rounds of the draft...then I think our defense will take a leap to the 12-18 range next year, which will make us capable of winning 8-10 games.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I feel......nothing.

The bright side? Kyler Murray

The dark side? Steve Keim

Still needs to be determined? Kingsbury

So, everything is even in my book.

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Lol
I never post to troll. There's nothing entertaining about getting a rise out of people. If you go back and look at my post history prior to this year, you'll see I was always overwhelmingly positive. We haven't had a winning season since 2015, and I'm running out of patience with the one guy who has been a constant in that process.

I think what you might be seeing is some positivity around some wins, but that doesn't change my lack of excitement about the bigger picture, where I still have a severe amount of doubt in the GM, and don't really love the coach.

Unsure where you're getting those numbers, but regardless, yes, Kyler is a bright spot. Offensive improvement is good for my fantasy teams, but the defensive dropoff makes this a team I still don't think can win games, and I'm not certain the pieces are out there for us to fix it... especially not for Keim to fix it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave