With the 8th pick in the NFL Draft......

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Here's my problem with Jeudy.

I think he's the most talented wr. However, I kept thinking he's the 3rd best wr on that team far too often (granted the other guys are really good)

Idk...I get Sammy Watkins vibes.

yeah I think he’ll be a diva. Ceedee is more humble and strives to be great

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't help but believe that some on our board are underestimating Jeudy. K1/Jeudy combo could be lethal for the next decade. I need to watch more tape of him. My Alabama contacts think VERY highly of him & I don't believe there are any headcase or off the field issues either. But, Alabama people do tend to over value their own. Unless, of course, you get the scoop directly from Saban. He's brutally honest when it comes to off the field or personality related issues.
Juedy seems a bit thicker than Lamb which I like. He’s also gone up against better competition. As long as we can sign a couple of defensive free agents I could live with JJ as our pick.

nice to imagine Butler developing and Juedy as a duo.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
If wver there was a year to trade down, this would be it.

I do not see 8 players that are at a tier above and would make quality over quantity a valid argument to stay put.

Teams will be looking to get a QB, and Tua, Burrow and Herbert are going to be three of the first eight picks.

I would stay put for Young (OLB), Brown (DT), Thomas (OT), or Jeudy (WR).

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Praying for Andrew Thomas. Would be good with Okudah, Wirfs or Epenesa. Not high on Brown as there are a lot of DL depth in draft and FA that can help this team. I feel WR can be had in Round 2 (Justin Jefferson / Michael Pittman / Brandon Aiyuk).

FA needs to focus on defense notably OLB & ILB. Hoping for Bud Dupree & Corey Littleton.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Praying for Andrew Thomas. Would be good with Okudah, Wirfs or Epenesa. Not high on Brown as there are a lot of DL depth in draft and FA that can help this team. I feel WR can be had in Round 2 (Justin Jefferson / Michael Pittman / Brandon Aiyuk).

FA needs to focus on defense notably OLB & ILB. Hoping for Bud Dupree & Corey Littleton.
I guarantee you Andrew Thomas will not be on the FO’s radar brother, especially since his primary position isn’t RT.

Wirfs, Willis, & Epenesa are my top 3.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Imagine wasting the #8 pick on primary LT & moving him to RT.

Did that with Humphries & he was bad there.

How many times we did the same recently?

Cooper LG but he had to play Right Guard
Bucannon a safety converted Ilb
Reddick de to ilb
Humphries a Lt started to play rt

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That seems high but I like him and think he fits with what we could use.

As @Russ Smith mentioned their WR core was straight stupid this year. Waddle will go high next year and I think Devonta Smith goes back.
Same, but I find it real hard he’ll drop any further than the Eagles, Bills, Jags, or Packers. All of which who desperately need WR who most likely won’t have the chance to get Lamb or Jeudy.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That seems high but I like him and think he fits with what we could use.

As @Russ Smith mentioned their WR core was straight stupid this year. Waddle will go high next year and I think Devonta Smith goes back.

They're all really good. Obviously there are exceptions but I think there's a tendency to overthink and so people don't take the obvious that all 4 of them on the same team the last 2 years, Jeudy was the best of the 4 based both on how the Alabama coaches see and use them, and on how the opposing teams defend them(they double Jeudy not the other 3).

Sometimes we're wrong, Parris Campbell was drafted ahead of Terry McLaurin this year despite playing on the same team in college and McLaurin was clearly the better player this year(he was arguably the best rookie WR the thing that slowed him down was the QB change). He's the best case for that argument he was 4th on TOSU in receiving his senior year, 35 catches, Campbell had 90!

So yeah it's possible someone else from that group winds up better but my guess is if we were able to pick Jeudy that would be a great pick. And yeah because of our defense I think you can clearly defend the idea that taking Okudah or Brown or Simmons #1 and Ruggs #2 might be better in the long haul. Ruggs is a freak, he will be one of the fastest guys in NFL history and one of the few that's actually coming into the NFL having been a full time college football player not just a part time one who was more of a sprinter(or hurdler). He's also still at this point pretty raw, he relies on his speed, if he's not running a deep pattern it's almost always a short pattern where they bank on the defender backing off in respect of his speed so they throw a short route in front of him. That's like 90% of what Ruggs does right now at least in the games I have watched.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seeing what Chandler Jones has done, someone to complement him would be awesome.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Imagine wasting the #8 pick on primary LT & moving him to RT.

Did that with Humphries & he was bad there.

I disagree, having two OT's on the roster that can play LT would be awesome. Injury insurance plus how many teams have two or more good to great pass rushers. Having both tackle positions shored up with good to great players is how quality Olines are built.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I disagree, having two OT's on the roster that can play LT would be awesome. Injury insurance plus how many teams have two or more good to great pass rushers. Having both tackle positions shored up with good to great players is how quality Olines are built.
That is a good luxury to have, but only helps if the guy you draft is good at RT. If the guy you take #8 overall struggles on the right side and so does your current starting LT than you just wasted a pick.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I think I like Wirfs over Wills because I am more confident he has the ability to play LT in the NFL and I do not believe Wills does (at this point).

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I guarantee you Andrew Thomas will not be on the FO’s radar brother, especially since his primary position isn’t RT.

Wirfs, Willis, & Epenesa are my top 3.
Just because I am still sifting through Kinlaw and Epenesa, how are you using Epenesa in base and/or sub packages?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson