OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gase is a good coach.
Probably does not come off well to the media, but I like his coaching ability. He was 6-2 down the stretch with that Swiss cheese roster. Well known he did not want Bell when Jets signed him.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gase had a winning record with Tannehill but he blew his knee in practice coming off the playoff season. Then they went with Jay Cutler.
Tannehill refused corrective surgery two years in a row and it came apart non contact. Not Gase's fault. Tannehill was garbage at Miami. Drake and Parker ... meh. Again not Gase's fault.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If I'm the browns...which I'm glad I'm not...I have to do something huge after this disaster of a season. People were picking the BROWNS to be in the super bowl, and they pooped the bed in spectacular fashion.

I go ALL IN on Licoln Riley. He gets full control, bring in whomever you want, and make Baker into a superstar.

Right now, they can still get people excited about that team with right move. If they hire some retread and end up 6-10 again next year, Baker is done there and they will FOREVER be the Browns that can't get anything right.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
re: adam gase.

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/...0191224-aqdwksbo5nditexjl65gvdb6ye-story.html

read this.

“He’s not changing,” another Jets source said. “He said he’s going to try to win his way.”

That’s a frightening notion given Gase’s track record.

His way has typically been the losing way.

The data is overwhelming. Gase, who is 29-35 in four seasons as a head coach, has lost 26 games by double digits, 22 by at least two touchdowns, and 12 by at least 20 points.

On average, he loses once every four games by at least 18 points, which is a mind-blowing reality for a coach with a history of either winning white-knucklers or getting blown out.

Gase has lost one in three games by at least two touchdowns in his head coaching career. One out of every 2.5 games results in a double-digit defeat.

His way.

Gase has actually made the offense worse in every meaningful statistical category this season.

Consider the irrefutable facts: The Jets are worse in 2019 than 2018 in points per game (20.8 to 17.5), total yards (299.2 to 273.1), yards per play (4.9 to 4.6), first downs per game (16.1 to 15.7), passing yards (197.8 to 195.1), rushing yards (101.4 to 78.1), rushing yards per attempt (4.0 to 3.3), third-down efficiency (32 percent to 30 percent) and plays per game (60.7 to 59.4).

The offense has regressed by every objective measure going from former play-caller Jeremy Bates to Gase.

Gase’s offense ranks in the bottom three in the league in total yards, rushing, passing, yards per play, third-down efficiency, and first downs.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Tannehill refused corrective surgery two years in a row and it came apart non contact. Not Gase's fault. Tannehill was garbage at Miami. Drake and Parker ... meh. Again not Gase's fault.

I don’t think he was garbage but he was never fully healthy after the injury. He’s doing the most with his change of scenery and props to the Titans for going with him.

The Jets should be pretty good next year if their QB stops making out with random groupies. Luckily that’s a headline we’ll never see with our guy.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't know if this was posted elsewhere... Bottom line on ESPN says Joseph will be retained.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson