Kyler Murray was "talked into playing" Sunday by the Cardinals.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I didn't watch the press conference, but this is a leadership thing that hopefully he understands. Everyone in the NFL has to play hurt, QBs included.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lots of nothing to feel here. SO much drama from you.

Guys banged up. Has never had to go like that before. Has no experience and needs convincing from his trusted team of coaches that it will be ok and everyone has to go through this at some point. He goes through it, comes out the other end and feels thankful for the experience, what he learned, and how he performed under duress.

How could you possibly turn this into a negative????
He’s our Solar...

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Yeah and not to mention this article was posted last night but of course he needs to create an entire new thread for the board to read his displeasure in KM and nitpick every ******* thing he does. This board is too nice.
I didn't see this article posted last night. I don't read every single thread, and a lot of times, I'm posting from my phone.

I'm more concerned about the team/coaches' decision to risk putting him out there if he wasn't comfortable in going. I know everyone thinks I hate Kyler for baseless reasons, but this could be Kenyan Drake or Chandler Jones and I still wouldn't like the sound of the team "talking them into playing." Keep in mind, it's how my friend in the NFL lost his career. "Took one for the team," and when it exacerbated the injury, they cut him.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Ridiculous. During the game they said it was completely up to Kyler and how he was feeling. They also pointed out how he had "never missed a game due to injury" to solidify that it was HIS intent to play.

If I've learned anything this season, never believe anything KK2 says. Usually he says the opposite of what he's going to do :rolleyes:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I am good with all of this article. These are the things I felt Murray lacked when he was drafted and I think it is pretty awesome that he overcame his fear and did the right thing. He listened to people he trusts, sucked it up, and put a pretty gutty performance on tape vs a good defense. These are the struggles I am ok with from Kyler.

Good for him.
This.

also. . . #firebluto

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it was more like Kyler telling the staff he did not feel healthy enough to do what is normally expected of him.

in return I think the staff told him that’s okay and do the best you can from the pocket. And he did. Threw for Two td’s and over 300 yards with 1/2 his game.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
They butchered it. Not only playing him but putting him back in a situation where he wasn’t physical able to make a game trying throw. Luckily it didn’t backfire so it’s not a big deal.