Kyler Murray was "talked into playing" Sunday by the Cardinals.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
who is "they"?

larry was praising murray after the game for playing in a meaningless game banged up, saying it showed leadership. if he was trying not to play that's surprising

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
In two days, no one will be talking about he Cardinals except this board and Mike Jurecki. Season over. Glad he played. Wish he would not have talked about this

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
If you actually read the article, it's not like Kyler made a big deal about it by then saying he was happy that he did play after all... he's fine and Kingsbury was right

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I know this won't be a popular take, but there were times in the game where Murray was visibly upset. He knew the game was meaningless and that he wasn't 100%.

The press conference only seems to confirm this. He tried to say the right things, but the truth trickled out as well.

I'm not too worried about it, but Kingsbury might maybe should be. The only reason he got the job was because Keim knew he was drafting Murray.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm glad he played, and other than the first INT where he got greedy and should have dumped it to Drake, him not being able to run helped him as he said because he had to stay in the pocket longer we got to see him progress. Neither fumble was his fault, both picks were his fault, the 2nd was just a bad throw.

I guess it's a location thing, more in the middle, but it sure seemed like maybe half of Kylers picks this year were thrown to Fitz, both today.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
I'm glad he played, and other than the first INT where he got greedy and should have dumped it to Drake, him not being able to run helped him as he said because he had to stay in the pocket longer we got to see him progress. Neither fumble was his fault, both picks were his fault, the 2nd was just a bad throw.

I guess it's a location thing, more in the middle, but it sure seemed like maybe half of Kylers picks this year were thrown to Fitz, both today.
Wonder why they completely abandoned going to Fitz up the sidelines for 50/50 balls which he'll come out on top on any type of winnable ball. Worked early in the year.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Wonder why they completely abandoned going to Fitz up the sidelines for 50/50 balls which he'll come out on top on any type of winnable ball. Worked early in the year.
Kyler needs to "throw the ball up" to Fitz and let him do what he does best. No, he does not have great separation but he doesn't need it with his amazing mitts. Warner knew Fitz would come down with it.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ridiculous. During the game they said it was completely up to Kyler and how he was feeling. They also pointed out how he had "never missed a game due to injury" to solidify that it was HIS intent to play.

OP
OP
blindseyed

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Not sure if it was frustration, being young, just saying what's on his mind but this is his first year of being on a losing team ever, I believe. He gets whole off season to work and grow, hopefully it motivates him to work his butt off

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
"For me, honestly, I think it helped me out, just standing there, going through reads, going through progressions," Murray said. "I think it's a teaching lesson, a learning lesson for me. I'm kind of glad. Everything happens for a reason. I thought we played well today, despite two turnovers that kind of cost us."

if you read the whole thing, he says as above. And he also says that he had concerns but wasn't at risk at all.

Gosh what an overreaction Solar7

He was good to go, had some fear he would tear and someone talked to him and maybe told him, that he has to face adversity and at the end of the game, you saw, that he has learned some lessons in that and I think he showed to his teammates, guys, even if I'm banged up, I will give you a chance to win.

That is exactly, what he had to do for this team to grow next year. Everyone on the team and other teams now knows, even if KM isn't 100% even if we take his running ability away he will play hard and give us everything, that we can handle.

Yeah he threw two ints, but we were in the game and had a chance to tie it with a 2 min drill.

We need to work on our 2 min drills and our Red zone offense.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
if you read the whole thing, he says as above. And he also says that he had concerns but wasn't at risk at all.

Gosh what an overreaction Solar7

He was good to go, had some fear he would tear and someone talked to him and maybe told him, that he has to face adversity and at the end of the game, you saw, that he has learned some lessons in that and I think he showed to his teammates, guys, even if I'm banged up, I will give you a chance to win.

That is exactly, what he had to do for this team to grow next year. Everyone on the team and other teams now knows, even if KM isn't 100% even if we take his running ability away he will play hard and give us everything, that we can handle.

Yeah he threw two ints, but we were in the game and had a chance to tie it with a 2 min drill.

We need to work on our 2 min drills and our Red zone offense.
I think I agree with what you’re trying to say but, my god man, who taught you how to punctuate?

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Kyler also said he has never played with an injury before, so he was unsure about it. He also said the coaches "talked him into it" and he was glad he played.

Playing helped him realize he can play through an injury (first time). It made him stay in the pocket more and go through progressions. It also sent a message to his teammates that he was laying it on the line for them (leadership). *all paraphrasing*

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Three things:
1. I don't see the story as a bad reflection on either KM or KK.
2. Disagree with KK that this was KM's best game. Didn't seem able to run, which, to me, makes him special.
3. Wasn't Solar one of the posters that DID NOT want Arizona to draft KM?

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...-murray-hamstring-says-was-talked-playing-sun

Lots of ways to feel about this one. Either a bad story about the team, or a bad story about him. I don't like it either way.

Lots of nothing to feel here. SO much drama from you.

Guys banged up. Has never had to go like that before. Has no experience and needs convincing from his trusted team of coaches that it will be ok and everyone has to go through this at some point. He goes through it, comes out the other end and feels thankful for the experience, what he learned, and how he performed under duress.

How could you possibly turn this into a negative????

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
if true, it needed to happen

K1 needs to learn the diff between hurting and being injured

id rather have this happen now than at a point where the Cards have, lets say, two important games for playoff seeding ahead and he has a tweaked hamstring.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Three things:
1. I don't see the story as a bad reflection on either KM or KK.
2. Disagree with KK that this was KM's best game. Didn't seem able to run, which, to me, makes him special.
3. Wasn't Solar one of the posters that DID NOT want Arizona to draft KM?
Yeah and not to mention this article was posted last night but of course he needs to create an entire new thread for the board to read his displeasure in KM and nitpick every freaking thing he does. This board is too nice.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I am good with all of this article. These are the things I felt Murray lacked when he was drafted and I think it is pretty awesome that he overcame his fear and did the right thing. He listened to people he trusts, sucked it up, and put a pretty gutty performance on tape vs a good defense. These are the struggles I am ok with from Kyler.

Good for him.