If Keim gets fired, do we know by Monday?

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am watching the Seattle game and how in the world did Keim take Isabella over Metcalf? He should be fired for that.

Reactions: PJ1

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Keim is safe Vance Joseph will be fired...Gut feeling...

No way. No one will be fired. Maybe a few of the smaller coaches, but no way they fire another DC in just 2 years. I wouldn't get your hopes up.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I am watching the Seattle game and how in the world did Keim take Isabella over Metcalf? He should be fired for that.
The thing is..Keim could have got both.

Isabella was going to be there at the top of the 3rd round if you wanted a small school prospect. Keim just totally outhinking this one.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The thing is..Keim could have got both.

Isabella was going to be there at the top of the 3rd round if you wanted a small school prospect. Keim just totally outhinking this one.
Particularly with him drafting three wrs anyway.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bluto should get canned, but he won't. Just have to hope he doesn't screw our cap for years and completely blow our top 10 pick, thereby killing Kyler's key low contract years when we could really build around him.

but not holding my breathalyzer there...

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Should be fired but won't. He is going to hang is hat on we improved from a 3 win team to a 5 win team as proof of his genius in revolutionizing the NFL. The bar is so low with this team thanks to him that 5 wins and "being competitive" is considered a good season.

At least we will be in for another entertaining draft watching him pass up solid prospects for guys who had good combine numbers and tape against FCS players. Knowing Keim he will trade away our early picks for some magic beans just so he doesn't have a chance to flop on them.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Because of the comfort level Mb might have with the guy.. he will sacrifice some winning to avoid losing his buddy and that comfort level. This is just another way to look at it imo. So many angles to this one.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This team has won 23 of its past 64 games. How does anyone survive that?
Yup. 23-41. Let that sink in. It’s unwound whatever positives bluto had prior. Four years averaging less than 6 wins per year. Four years.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
He isn't going anywhere this year. He hit on K1 and we had a chances this year to be a .500 club after picking #1 overall. He will get at least another year.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Keim shoulders a lot of the blame and it’s well deserved. However Arians should be blamed for some of these picks as well. The success he had early on led to some bad draft picks due to his influence.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Bluto should get canned, but he won't. Just have to hope he doesn't screw our cap for years and completely blow our top 10 pick, thereby killing Kyler's key low contract years when we could really build around him.

but not holding my breathalyzer there...
The frustrating thing is we're 2 years away from being 2 years away. Thats all due to Keim.
Particularly with him drafting three wrs anyway.

So Keim had a top 5 grade on Byron Murphy and a top 25 grade on Allen. I truly hope this is a case of a rookie class really hitting it during its 2nd year. Cause right now I don't trust Keim's evaluations.

For example, I believe in Kyler. However, I don't think Kyler is who Keim thinks he is. Totally different game and he needs to build around that.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Keim shoulders a lot of the blame and it’s well deserved. However Arians should be blamed for some of these picks as well. The success he had early on led to some bad draft picks due to his influence.

Of course the HC and GM are going to collaborate, but as GM your job is to staff the best roster, so it's on him no matter if it is his scouts, coaches or his gut giving him bad advice time after time.

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm happy I left this thread to gestate. It's gonna be another hell of an offseason, huh?

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
The frustrating thing is we're 2 years away from being 2 years away. Thats all due to Keim.

So Keim had a top 5 grade on Byron Murphy and a top 25 grade on Allen. I truly hope this is a case of a rookie class really hitting it during its 2nd year. Cause right now I don't trust Keim's evaluations.

For example, I believe in Kyler. However, I don't think Kyler is who Keim thinks he is. Totally different game and he needs to build around that.

Can you expand on that?

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Keim is safe Vance Joseph will be fired...Gut feeling...

Interesting tidbit in K2's press conference after the game. He said it took him and VJ about half a year to get on the same page and now appreciates the continuity. That doesn't sound like a guy that is going to get fired.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why do these same dumb threads keep popping up? He’s not going anywhere. He doesn’t deserve to go anywhere. He got a DUI. Get over it.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Yup. 23-41. Let that sink in. It’s unwound whatever positives bluto had prior. Four years averaging less than 6 wins per year. Four years.

Until you remember that this franchise has had 6 winning seasons in the last 21 years.

80's - 2 winning seasons
90's - 1 winning season
2000's - 2 winning seasons
2010's - 3 winning seasons

Keim winning seasons - 3 out of 7 (with one 7-8-1 and one 8-8).

Fitz said yesterday that this was the best 5 win team he has ever been on. How sad it that? He has been on some bad teams.

The6

All Star
Reaction score
Until you remember that this franchise has had 6 winning seasons in the last 21 years.

80's - 2 winning seasons
90's - 1 winning season
2000's - 2 winning seasons
2010's - 3 winning seasons

Keim winning seasons - 3 out of 7 (with one 7-8-1 and one 8-8).

Fitz said yesterday that this was the best 5 win team he has ever been on. How sad it that? He has been on some bad teams.

This board would erupt in joy/shock if he was replaced. He needs to be. You can keep the coach. Now waiting to see if the owner has it inside to pull the trigger. That would make a statement to the fan base. They deserve better. His record speaks for itself.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave