Where was David Johnson Today?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
WTF? Chase Edmonds got a failed carry. You’d think in a game where we couldn’t get anything going on the ground DJ could find some snaps.

Murray losing faith in Johnson is the one thing that could make the Cards and Keim cut bait.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
He needs to listen to his wife and retire. His heart is clearly not in I can only imagine that he is humiliated by not seeing the field at all

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He needs to listen to his wife and retire. His heart is clearly not in I can only imagine that he is humiliated by not seeing the field at all

10 million dollars and not having to worry about taking care of his family and living a life of luxury for the rest of his days is worth 1 year of people not believing in you... especially when you can write it off as a bunch of people who have been clueless about all things football lately.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He's done, been done since before Drake arrived. Drake gave them the motivation to cut bait. They will try to deal him some how to some dumb GM (unlikely) or restructure his contract or throw in some picks so they can deal him to get a little something out of him (somewhat likely since no one is going to $12M without picks from us included and with no picks we have to somehow eat some of the salary on a restructure).

What's most likely is they cut him and consider the dead cap sunk money and save the remaining, small potatoes, in cap space and free up a roster spot.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He's done, been done since before Drake arrived. Drake gave them the motivation to cut bait. They will try to deal him some how to some dumb GM (unlikely) or restructure his contract or throw in some picks so they can deal him to get a little something out of him (somewhat likely since no one is going to $12M without picks from us included and with no picks we have to somehow eat some of the salary on a restructure).

What's most likely is they cut him and consider the dead cap sunk money and save the remaining, small potatoes, in cap space and free up a roster spot.
And he’s a bluto special!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why would he retire and not take the millions owed to him? Makes no sense.

kindness?

(anyone who gets that reference gets a big like form Cheese! I know... you're all dying for one).

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He gone. We will trade him for peanuts and eat the cap hit.

You can't trade him for anything in return , that's the point. His salary is too big to be traded without us giving trades to make up for the inflated salary a team will absorb. We can't pay his 2020 salary for another team, whoever holds the contract is liable for it. That would would reduce our 2020 cap by $12M (awesome) but no one is going to do us that favor by taking $12M in 2020 cap plus like a minimum $4M cap hit in 2021.

We would have to get DJ to restructure to reduce his salary and move it to a signing bonus and I'm not even sure that accounting trick will work. The other option is will pay someone in picks to take his giant cap hit from us. That option sucks.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
You can't trade him for anything in return , that's the point. His salary is too big to be traded without us giving trades to make up for the inflated salary a team will absorb. We can't pay his 2020 salary for another team, whoever holds the contract is liable for it. That would would reduce our 2020 cap by $12M (awesome) but no one is going to do us that favor by taking $12M in 2020 cap plus like a minimum $4M cap hit in 2021.

We would have to get DJ to restructure to reduce his salary and move it to a signing bonus and I'm not even sure that accounting trick will work. The other option is will pay someone in picks to take his giant cap hit from us. That option sucks.
Fair point. Given that I can see us just outright cutting him.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
They have no interest in seeing him play or possibly getting injured... there is a trade coming, though the returns probably won't be favorable, Rosen part deux

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was a huge DJ advocate. Thought he was the least of our problems. I was wrong.

it took me about two quarters of watching Drake to realize how wrong I was. I think the Cards cut him June 1st. A rookie 6 th round pick would contribute more than him.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
They have no interest in seeing him play or possibly getting injured... there is a trade coming, though the returns probably won't be favorable, Rosen part deux

The only way I see a trade happening is some team who has no RB and cap space to burn desperate for a 1 year rental of a RB who has not performed. Doesn't sound likely unless Keim is buying down our cap space by giving away a 2nd or 3rd pick.
I
think there is zero chance anyone trades for DJ, contract as is and gives us anything back. BA is probably the only one crazy enough to lobby for picking up DJ and if their GM is worth a salt he is going to ask for picks from us to take his contract.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He’s gonna cash every penny from the Cards 1st
Then get back into shape for another deal...take the money and run

retire with a ton of cash meanwhile not giving a damn about never earning a penny of his second deal.

He will always be a has been to me

He quit on his team and owner of the team who paid him

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA