Cardinals at Rams Gameday thread 12-29-19

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter

·
3m

Cardinals are planning for QB Kyler Murray, who is listed as questionable for today’s game due to a hamstring injury, to play against the Rams, per sources. Only way he doesn’t is if Murray’s hamstring bothers him during pregame warmups. But plan now is for Murray to play.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

You must be registered for see images

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That inactive list looks worse for the Ramms than for us.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
Kyler Murray hopes to cap a memorable rookie season on Sunday

Patrick Mahomes sat for almost all of his rookie year. Lamar Jackson sat for much of his. Kyler Murray has had a rookie season to remember.

A Pro Bowl alternate (which means he’ll eventually make it), Murray set franchise rookie records for wins (with five), passing yards (with 3,397), touchdown passes (with 18), completions (with 323), passing attempts (with 500), and multiple touchdown-pass games (with seven).
The team has benefited as well with Murray at the helm. The Cardinals have scored 50 percent more points than last year, generated 40 percent more yards, and increased their touchdowns by 30 percent.

With 103 passing yards on Sunday against the Rams (if he plays, despite a hamstring injury), he’ll be only the second rookie in NFL history to have more than 3,500 passing yards and more than 500 rushing yards in a season, joining Cam Newton.

Amazingly, the diminutive Murray has done it all without a single lost fumble. He’s the only quarterback with 600 or more snaps in 2019 to not lose a fumble. No rookie in the NFL’s 100 seasons has started 16 games without a lost fumble.

And Murray, despite losing twice to the 49ers, particularly bedeviled them. The 49ers have allowed a 100-plus passer rating only three times all season. Murray has two of them. Murray also has joined Carson Palmer and Kurt Warner as the only quarterbacks in franchise history to have passer ratings of 90 or more in at least seven games in a single season.

So the future seems to be very bright for the Cardinals and Kyler Murray. The question becomes whether and to what extent the Cardinals can get enough help around him in the offseason so that the Cardinals can contend in the toughtest division in the NFL. If so, Murray could have the same kind of impact that Mahomes and Jackson had in their second NFL seasons, when they each became clear-cut NFL MVPs.
Gotta give it to him He is what everyone says he is a Damn Good Football Player I was totally against drafting him But I was Very VERY WRONG

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Hola from ***** Cana in the beautiful Dominican republic. My Sunday ticket app is having problems, so hopefully it is fixed by game time. Maybe someone can help me with a link to the game if they can't fix it. I haven't missed a game since 1988 and I sure hope today isn't the fist one...

Well, you picked a bad time to visit the Dominican republic today then. :lmao:

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Based on the inactives (KJ going from #3 or 4 to consistently inactive): Do you have to consider the season a failure for all three of our rookie WR's?

I do.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
At the game with @DivideItEmpera (he’s wearing a Rams troll shirt with name on back of shirt as the amount of points the scored in Super Bowl)

You must be registered for see images attach

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Actually looking forward to this gm!

Hoping for a good last gm of the season from murray and the offense

Also be awesome to see jones get another sack and want to see Peterson have a good gm

Come cards!!!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cards stop Gurley in the backfield.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL

"In the running" with 19 sacks and 8 forced fumbles...

Should be a lock without even factoring in this game.