Epenesa, Wirfs, Willis, Jeudy, Lamb. Rank these from greatest to least in terms of who you want

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I am not convinced we should take a RT in the top 13.

If we do...Wills > Wirfs

Not sure yet on Lamb vs Jeudy. Maybe plan B (later WR)

Both T and WR are deep this year.

Where does Espenesa play in our 3-4?

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am not convinced we should take a RT in the top 13.

If we do...Wills > Wirfs

Not sure yet on Lamb vs Jeudy. Maybe plan B (later WR)

Both T and WR are deep this year.

Where does Espenesa play in our 3-4?
A 3-4 is pretty much a 4-2-5 nowadays. Epenesa can play a 4/4i.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I made my list 11 deep because I think if the first 7 on here are gone, we may look to move down.

1. Chase Young- Best player in college football

2. Derrick Brown- Young, smarter, more dedicated version of Calais Campbell

3. Jerry Jeudy- best offensive player in the draft. Crazy acceleration. Ultimate competitor.

4. Jeff Okudah- Future all-pro. Lockdown corner, willing tackler and a playmaker. Physically, he’s the total package.

5. Andrew Thomas- Best lineman in the draft. Smart, tough, strong, athletic. Total package.

6. Yetur Gross Matos- Incredible athlete with an incredible story. Just scratching the surface of what he can be. Perfect young player to pair with and learn from Chandler Jones.

7. AJ Epenesa- He, Zach Allen and, to a lesser extent, Michael Dogbe would give a good nucleus of young talent at DE in our base sets with the positional flexibility to stay outside or move inside on passing downs.

8. Isaiah Simmons- I don’t love him as much as everyone else does but, athletically, he’s a freak of nature and he has a knack for making plays. I do not think he diagnoses plays fast enough but his coverage ability is something we all know we’re lacking next to Hicks.

9. CeeDee Lamb- He knows our QB and offense and both will make him look better than he really is. His size scares me but he’s slippery and he’s shown he’s tough and a gamer.

10. Alex Leatherwood- He doesn’t get any of the attention but that’s OK. I have him ahead of a few other names because he’s proven he can play on the right side and that’s what we need if the team plans to keep DJ, which I think they do. Not the best available tackle, but the best available right tackle. Tough, nasty, hard working and from a winning culture. He’d look good right away next to Sweezy. If we let DJ walk, I’d prob move Jackson up and maybe Wirfs ahead of him. Wills (and, too a lesser extent, Wirfs) reminds me of Cooper. Too concerned with being pretty for an O-lineman.

11. Kenneth Murray- Tackles too high and too often with his arms but he makes the tackles. I like his energy and his range.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I made my list 11 deep because I think if the first 7 on here are gone, we may look to move down.

1. Chase Young- Best player in college football

2. Derrick Brown- Young, smarter, more dedicated version of Calais Campbell

3. Jerry Jeudy- best offensive player in the draft. Crazy acceleration. Ultimate competitor.

4. Jeff Okudah- Future all-pro. Lockdown corner, willing tackler and a playmaker. Physically, he’s the total package.

5. Andrew Thomas- Best lineman in the draft. Smart, tough, strong, athletic. Total package.

6. Yetur Gross Matos- Incredible athlete with an incredible story. Just scratching the surface of what he can be. Perfect young player to pair with and learn from Chandler Jones.

7. AJ Epenesa- He, Zach Allen and, to a lesser extent, Michael Dogbe would give a good nucleus of young talent at DE in our base sets with the positional flexibility to stay outside or move inside on passing downs.

8. Isaiah Simmons- I don’t love him as much as everyone else does but, athletically, he’s a freak of nature and he has a knack for making plays. I do not think he diagnoses plays fast enough but his coverage ability is something we all know we’re lacking next to Hicks.

9. CeeDee Lamb- He knows our QB and offense and both will make him look better than he really is. His size scares me but he’s slippery and he’s shown he’s tough and a gamer.

10. Alex Leatherwood- He doesn’t get any of the attention but that’s OK. I have him ahead of a few other names because he’s proven he can play on the right side and that’s what we need if the team plans to keep DJ, which I think they do. Not the best available tackle, but the best available right tackle. Tough, nasty, hard working and from a winning culture. He’d look good right away next to Sweezy. If we let DJ walk, I’d prob move Jackson up and maybe Wirfs ahead of him. Wills (and, too a lesser extent, Wirfs) reminds me of Cooper. Too concerned with being pretty for an O-lineman.

11. Kenneth Murray- Tackles too high and too often with his arms but he makes the tackles. I like his energy and his range.

Brown is a talent but I do not accept that Campbell did not give his full effort or Brown is smarter by any stretch, but Brown has what Campbell never has had which is a mean streak. Campbell for all intent purposes is a great human being, a gentle giant compared to most DE/DTs in the league

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
Based on the current walterfootball mock draft using the cards picks. I would trade down with the dolphins. Give them no9 for 19 and 25. Assuming that goes through

19 DL raekwon Davis
25 OT Tristian Wirfs
2nd rd WR justin jefferson
3rd rd RB travis etienne or CB Kristian Fulton

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Based on the current walterfootball mock draft using the cards picks. I would trade down with the dolphins. Give them no9 for 19 and 25. Assuming that goes through

19 DL raekwon Davis
25 OT Tristian Wirfs
2nd rd WR justin jefferson
3rd rd RB travis etienne or CB Kristian Fulton

All respect to the players you picked, but I don't know why people ever mock with trade downs. The draft doesn't work like "ehhhh I don't really like my guys here how about you hand me some more picks?"

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
All respect to the players you picked, but I don't know why people ever mock with trade downs. The draft doesn't work like "ehhhh I don't really like my guys here how about you hand me some more picks?"
Because it's more fun to pick more people ;)
If I stayed at 9 with that mock I'd take ceedee or grant delpit

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
As much as I like Wills, I don't think we should take a T in rd 1.

If we don't tag/sign Humphries then that changes but for now...I think we can get a solid RT in rd 2 or 3 (Mekhi Becton, Prince Wanogho, Lucas Niang). I think Justin Murray(RFA) is kept and I would expect another veteran T (still like the idea of Marcus Gilbert on a 1 year low cost deal) to be signed...they can compete with the rookie for RT.

This offense needs a true #1 WR and the only way to get one at this point is to trade for one (Diggs) or draft one high. We just can't pick the wrong one. :)

We can build the D through FA.

**Hopefully, Murray, Drake, and our #1 WR draft pick can be our big 3 for the next 5 years.

Last edited:

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Brown is a talent but I do not accept that Campbell did not give his full effort or Brown is smarter by any stretch, but Brown has what Campbell never has had which is a mean streak. Campbell for all intent purposes is a great human being, a gentle giant compared to most DE/DTs in the league
I wasn’t trying to put Campbell down. He’s easily a top 5 3-4 DE and has been for the better part of ten years. I’d love to trade for him in the offseason and bring him home. I think Calais is an athletic freak and very dedicated to his craft. There were serious concerns about his work ethic coming out though and that’s what I was referencing. Talent-wise he was a top 15 pick but fell to us in the second round and rode the pine for a year only playing at because he needed to do work in the weight room. He made no more impact his rookie year than Isabella...

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wasn’t trying to put Campbell down. He’s easily a top 5 3-4 DE and has been for the better part of ten years. I’d love to trade for him in the offseason and bring him home. I think Calais is an athletic freak and very dedicated to his craft. There were serious concerns about his work ethic coming out though and that’s what I was referencing. Talent-wise he was a top 15 pick but fell to us in the second round and rode the pine for a year only playing at because he needed to do work in the weight room. He made no more impact his rookie year than Isabella...
But for Campbell there were the skillset to work with
Isabella is 5'8'' and he is a body catcher
who struggled learning routes

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But for Campbell there were the skillset to work with
Isabella is 5'8'' and he is a body catcher
who struggled learning routes
He may never be an all pro but you can’t learn to run a 4.3. Isabella is a good kid and eats, sleeps and breathes football. He will be fine.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m not sure who you were watching but he’s averaged 21 yards a catch this year...

Ah ok, yards for catch is a very significant stat when u had like 8 catches the whole season
What about the 88 yards TD
Looked like a 4.3 guy there?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose