Bowl Games..who do we watch?

NittanyCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Hurts isn’t as bad as he looks today and Burrow isn’t as good as he looks today.

this Oklahoma defense is laughable. And the OU offensive line is getting blown up
I guess Hurts who got benched for a true freshman during the championship and got his job taken by him and Burrow who has a 80% completion percentage with 50 touchdowns aren’t who they’ve shown to be.

OP
OP
blindseyed

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Doesn't Burrow look alittle bit like Andy Dufresne? Lol
You must be registered for see images attach

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I guess Hurts who got benched for a true freshman during the championship and got his job taken by him and Burrow who has a 80% completion percentage with 50 touchdowns aren’t who they’ve shown to be.
Burrow also couldn't win the job over Dwayne Haskins at Ohio State. Burrow is great, but is it really worth diminishing Hurts all that much when they played neck and neck for most of the season?

Different play styles, but yeah. (Also in general I'm a much bigger defender of Burrow here, but it's hard for me to call Hurts bad when he outperformed the #1 overall pick in the NFL. Burrow has been amazing.)

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wish I could see more of Chaisson but OU never has the ball.. Ha!

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hurts career arc has been amazing. He'll be a quality backup in the NFL for ten years.
The whole team is just overmatched today.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You can't blame Hurts for the entire defense being useless, but he's not the player I thought he was trending to be in this offense. He'll get an opportunity somewhere. Would it be insane to see Greg Roman become an HC and draft Hurts to run an offense like Lamar Jackson?

This is a bad look on Oklahoma though, yeesh.
Dude he’s not a good QB. He should not be getting drafted as a QB. I love the guy, but he was guy that was carried at Bama when they had great defenses & like he has all season for OU, struggled throwing the ball. I love the guy, but he doesn’t have a future as a NFL QB. Stop focusing so much on his #QBWinz & actually watch the dude play.

He’s not in Lamar’s atmosphere as a prospect.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
Well from watching the LSU game, we should look at
Wr justin Jefferson
Olb klavon chiasson
Cb kristan Fulton
Ol lloyd cushenberry
S grant delpit
Lbs patrick queen
Dl Rashad Lawrence

And any other draftable player lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jebus... no team from the Pac-12 or Big-12 should ever be allowed back in the College Playoffs. They just routinely destroy pretty much every game they've ever been in.

CRC83

Veteran
Reaction score
You can't blame Hurts for the entire defense being useless, but he's not the player I thought he was trending to be in this offense. He'll get an opportunity somewhere. Would it be insane to see Greg Roman become an HC and draft Hurts to run an offense like Lamar Jackson?

This is a bad look on Oklahoma though, yeesh.
Not even close to the athlete Lamar is.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Dude he’s not a good QB. He should not be getting drafted as a QB. I love the guy, but he was guy that was carried at Bama when they had great defenses & like he has all season for OU, struggled throwing the ball. I love the guy, but he doesn’t have a future as a NFL QB. Stop focusing so much on his #QBWinz & actually watch the dude play.

He’s not in Lamar’s atmosphere as a prospect.
You and I are closer here than normal, I just think he's played decent under Riley and will get a decent opportunity. In the modern NFL, his athletic ability will give him a shot. Not to mention the fact that he's executed two significant offenses, one pro-style, and one air raid.

Day one starter? Nah. Has the tools to be a starter someday? I think so. We've argued a lot about what makes a good QB though.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You and I are closer here than normal, I just think he's played decent under Riley and will get a decent opportunity. In the modern NFL, his athletic ability will give him a shot. Not to mention the fact that he's executed two significant offenses, one pro-style, and one air raid.

Day one starter? Nah. Has the tools to be a starter someday? I think so. We've argued a lot about what makes a good QB though.
Who cares if he’s executed different offenses if he wasn’t good at either of them? Yea, you look at the stats & probably think different, but when you watch the dude continuously runs out of clean pockets, makes late reads, & have under-average accuracy, you noticed he’s just not a high caliber prospect. You could’ve seen with with Kyler, Lamar, Mahomes, & all those other Youngbloods, but Jalen.

He’s just as athletic as Dak Prescott was, except was a way better passer with way less talent around him.

Wins are cool, but I just wish you would look deeper into them & realize how did those wins come about. Was it primarily him or just having a lot of talent around him to make up for his shortcomings? It’s kind of like the coaching retreads you like(McCarthy & Rivera) who I think had more to do with their success(Rodgers & Sean McDermott) than actually them being the engine for it.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Who cares if he’s executed different offenses if he wasn’t good at either of them? Yea, you look at the stats & probably think different, but when you watch the dude continuously runs out of clean pockets, makes late reads, & have under-average accuracy, you noticed he’s just not a high caliber prospect. You could’ve seen with with Kyler, Lamar, Mahomes, & all those other Youngbloods, but Jalen.

He’s just as athletic as Dak Prescott was, except was a way better passer with way less talent around him.

Wins are cool, but I just wish you would look deeper into them & realize how did those wins come about. Was it primarily him or just having a lot of talent around him to make up for his shortcomings? It’s kind of like the coaching retreads you like(McCarthy & Rivera) who I think had more to do with their success(Rodgers & Sean McDermott) than actually them being the engine for it.
...Are you claiming I didn't like Lamar Jackson, Patrick Mahomes, or Deshaun Watson? I was a fan of all three, and never said anything different. The only one I've been iffy on was Kyler Murray.

Wins don't matter to me in CFB depending on comparative talent, from the QB level. When it comes to coaching, it does.

If you'd like me to talk through McCarthy & Rivera I can, but that has nothing to do with Hurts, and I think players/coaches/coordinators have a symbiotic relationship.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
...Are you claiming I didn't like Lamar Jackson, Patrick Mahomes, or Deshaun Watson? I was a fan of all three, and never said anything different. The only one I've been iffy on was Kyler Murray.

Wins don't matter to me in CFB depending on comparative talent, from the QB level. When it comes to coaching, it does.

If you'd like me to talk through McCarthy & Rivera I can, but that has nothing to do with Hurts, and I think players/coaches/coordinators have a symbiotic relationship.
I find it really hard to believe you were high on Mahomes. Idk, I just find that REALLY hard to believe.

The point of the last post is just the lack of context you refuse to use most of the time.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I find it really hard to believe you were high on Mahomes. Idk, I just find that REALLY hard to believe.

The point of the last post is just the lack of context you refuse to use most of the time.
I stumped for Mahomes and Watson that entire offseason. It wasn't as passionate as my anti-Kyler approach this year, but I fought a pretty significant battle about how that was our time to pick up a QB, and felt Mahomes was a perfect fit for an Arians offense. A lot of others wanted to wait for the next year with "better" QBs. I know it's on ASFN, because I wasted time recently to try to prove @Ouchie-Z-Clown about something he'd said, and was totally wrong. :D

I use context in every argument I make, you and I just don't agree on what sensible context is.

Last edited:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

lmao

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Watch the 4 playoff games plus games involving Alabama, Georgia and Auburn - There are an amazing number of prospects from these schools in ESPN's top 30 BPA'ers.

Burrow is a no-brainer (but not for the Cards) and Lamb, Young, Simmons, Dobbins, Wirfs, Higgins and Jefferson have caught my eye so far, but it's early.