Ravens cheat... busted????

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Funny I was thinking about this earlier yesterday.

Plays are called in with wireless communication. Are we naive enough to believe in this day of technology that a team wouldn’t “ intercept” the opposing teams frequency?

how many times have you said, “ Wow, it’s like the defense is in our huddle!”? I wouldn’t put it past certain teams doing this.

what’s the risk? What if it were discovered the Ravens were stealing opposing teams radio frequencies? They wouldn’t be banned from the playoffs right? Fine them 1m? Big deal. Take awAy a draft pick? Worth the risk , right.

I’m no computer geek or communications expert. Maybe it isn’t even possible. Just saying I thinking about this and then I see this post.

Things that make you go hmmm.

My understanding is communication is encrypted and uses a spread spectrum. The signals themselves are probably impervious to anyone cracking it in real time if their tech team is properly cycling keys. What seems much easier is slipping a bug in the visiting team booth. You don't get the sideline leg of the convo that way but booth audio would probably be the most valuable leg.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I was saying Bluetooth because the title said it looked like a Bluetooth device. In any event, anything wireless can be hacked no matter the encryption, might take longer depending on what they're using but it can he done

I disagree. I can give you my wifis 4 way handshake and you can spin up a million GPUs and still need until the end of time to crack it with current technology if I am using a strong, random full length key. Physics does not permit it using current technology. Even against a state level actor a well researched modern, strong cipher is not defeatable.

It is the implementations that are often exploited, including but not limited to weak keys, poor random number generation and exchanges.

It seems very implausible their comms would have a massive enough flaw that would allow for passive evesdroppping in real time. If they did I imagine an enterprising fan would have already been listening in.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
I disagree. I can give you my wifis 4 way handshake and you can spin up a million GPUs and still need until the end of time to crack it with current technology if I am using a strong, random full length key. Physics does not permit it using current technology. Even against a state level actor a well researched modern, strong cipher is not defeatable.

It is the implementations that are often exploited, including but not limited to weak keys, poor random number generation and exchanges.

It seems very implausible their comms would have a massive enough flaw that would allow for passive evesdroppping in real time. If they did I imagine an enterprising fan would have already been listening in.
Not talking about a "passing fan" talking about someone with the ability and you can disagree, still hackable but you're right about real time would be tough (doable but tough) and not sure why anyone would invest that much time and energy into something like that lol

Last edited:

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Hmmm - top two teams in AFC being shady. Time to investigate and if true, bust both heavily - draft picks, since fines mean nothing.

Draft picks and fines and to give the fines real teeth they should count against the cap for multiple years.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If found guilty, both Ravens and Patriots should forfeit a Draft pick and get money fine that applicates direct to the cap and goes directly to all players of the nfl so no one can argue that money wasn't there to get paid for all 2016 Player on teams and PS. so basically 2.016 Mo $ and every player gets 1k and Patriots and Ravens lose that money for the cap for 3 years. that helps all players and the team does lose out on one upgrade for 1 player for 3 years and a draft pick.

That should help to make people think twice about cheating and team owners fire the guy that decides to do it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave