Budda Baker

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You don't call the two hits that ended the season for the two Seahawks players game changing?

Ask them or Pete Carroll if it doesn't change their game next week.

No those are just freak injuries. Nothing more or less. If he was doing that regularly maybe. But he’s not.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

go ahead and be on his jock because he “made a PB” and injured a starting RB once in a game... ok more power to ya. Lol

there is a reason damn near the entire board was hailing him as just bad about 10 weeks into the season.... but but but tackles.....

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Reading this article and comments, it sounds like they see the Cardinals as what the Rams were to the Cardinals for years with the injuries - https://www.fieldgulls.com/2019/12/...-chris-carson-likely-done-for-season-nfl-news

"It seems as if every time the Seattle Seahawks play the Arizona Cardinals, they have some serious injury that seriously damages the rest of the season. It was Tyler Lockett in 2016, Richard Sherman and Kam Chancellor in 2017, Will Dissly in 2018, and now you can add Chris Carson to the list in 2019."

Mercenaries
Who is paying the Arizona Cardinals to snipe the Seahawk players all the time right before the playoffs? I feel bad for Carson as he was having a great year, Prosise he just needs to find a health regenerator or something so he can stay healthy. Now do we try to beat the Whiners or do we rest up for playoffs…interesting dilemma.
Go Hawks!
Posted by bELIEVER OF oPTIMISM on Dec 22, 2019 | 10:26 PM

Man, the Cardinals have ended way too many guys seasons/careers over the years.
Posted by TheHopBuddha on Dec 22, 2019 | 10:33 PM

Makes you wonder, right ? Somethin' sinister voo-dooish is happenin'.

Only explanation that I can think of. . .
Posted by kinsesu on Dec 22, 2019 | 10:37 PM

It was that Larry Fitzgerald guy...

He pretends to be nice, but he made a deal with the devil and sucks the life force from his unsuspecting opponents (victims) to prevent his own aging or injury.
Posted by zebrashy on Dec 22, 2019 | 11:32 PM

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
go ahead and be on his jock because he “made a PB” and injured a starting RB once in a game... ok more power to ya. Lol

there is a reason damn near the entire board was hailing him as just bad about 10 weeks into the season.... but but but tackles.....
You & Ouchie isn’t “damn near the entire board”.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Probably his second best game this year (think his game earlier this year where he had multiple PD's vs SF was better...). Was all over the field.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
1 game isn’t enough... he did play well today though even made ila pass break up on the long ball think the first one I’ve ever seen… Credit when it’s due .
Agreed. This is the first game I saw budda make multiple positive plays. Hope to se more of it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If having just a bunch of tackles in the second level having very little impact on the game is your idea of multiple games then more power to you… He misses to many tackles too. He regularly gets burned n almost never makes game changing plays. He was called out in here over a long stretch by many posters and for good reason.

He isn’t any kind of game changer. Anyone judging his PB as a reason to love the guy needs to look at how watered down that has become. He doesn’t do any one thing Great.

When it comes to Buddha we are just gonna have to agree to disagree.
HARUMPH!

Reaction score
Weird considering he is 5th or worse in the league this year so far:

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/player-stat/defense-tackles-for-loss

He was 4th last year:

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/player-stat/defense-tackles-for-loss?season_id=16

And 6th or worse in 2017:

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/player-stat/defense-tackles-for-loss?season_id=15

Not sure how he’s “lead” but either way. Anyone who watches and thinks he’s great at any one thing needs their eyes checked. An occasional hard hit doesn’t make you great. He gets burned regularly whenever he has to cover someone. He goes for the hard hot too often and doesn’t wrap up. Can you seriously name a game changing or altering play in 3 seasons? I sure can’t. He’s got a cool name though!

I think we are a better team with him than without him.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Probably the most pound for pound hitting I have seen with the Cards, with nothing against the wood Adrian Wilson could lay. Mathieu was a great tackler during his prime but that was due to perfect form tackling... Budda is knocking the crap out of guys which is even more impressive considering the new rules

pinetopred

Registered
Reaction score
Probably the most pound for pound hitting I have seen with the Cards, with nothing against the wood Adrian Wilson could lay. Mathieu was a great tackler during his prime but that was due to perfect form tackling... Budda is knocking the crap out of guys which is even more impressive considering the new rules
Legal hard hits have to give him credit was kinda down on him this year but he brought it Budda Thompson and Murphy the start of a DB wrecking crew, and PP has been a little more physical then normal lately also . whatever VJ did to get this together good on him, after the Rams game I was ready for a change at DC now I just kinda want to see what he can do with more talent .

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The “tackles mean nothing” crowd is hilarious.

Budda is a stud. tgod you guys aren’t scouts cause you’d be broke!

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Well “damn near the entire” board might be wrong

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If he is playing the right position then he is good most of the time.. he isn't a utility guy back there imo. If we play him near the line of scrimmage he can wreck havoc. In passing situations he is a liability.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This board cracks me up. It takes the rest of the country shoving it in your faces to see what’s been evident to everyone else all season lol. He’s been damn good all year and is easily the best tackler we’ve had in as long as I can remember. Jalen Thompson and Murphy are going to be legit too. Great job, SK.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score

I'm with Shane. We need defensive backs who can cover in space and make plays on the ball. I'm glad he can hit but let's not act like he is Kam Chancellor and he is nothing like Earl Thomas.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Looked like a Pro Bowler today.

Yep, and one other game too!!!

Not trying to be a hater, but I have no fricking idea how he made the Pro Bowl.

I don't really have a grasp on VJ's defense (and I don't think he does either) But Baker has to shoulder at least 1/4 of the blame.. for us getting torched by almost every TE we faced this year.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson