Ravens cheat... busted????

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Was Ravens staffer wearing Bluetooth earpiece on sidelines during Browns game?
December 22, 2019
by Steve DelVecchio

Gotta cheat to be the best??????

The Baltimore Ravens have been fined in the past for violating the NFL’s rules regarding coach-to-player communications policy, and there are questions about whether they did so again during Sunday’s game against the Cleveland Browns.

At one point during the broadcast, a Ravens staffer who was standing behind head coach John Harbaugh appeared to be wearing a bluetooth earpiece.

There are some rumblings that the staffer works security for the Ravens, but it’s unclear if that would mean he is allowed to wear an ear piece on the sideline.

The Ravens were fined $200,000 during the 2018 preseason after it was discovered that multiple players were using coach-to-player communication technology in their helmets. Only one player on the field at a time is allowed to have coach-to-player communication capabilities in their helmet. That fine came not long after Baltimore was fined for a separate violation of NFL rules.

https://larrybrownsports.com/footba...-bluetooth-earpiece-during-browns-game/529452

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmm - top two teams in AFC being shady. Time to investigate and if true, bust both heavily - draft picks, since fines mean nothing.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Hmmm - top two teams in AFC being shady. Time to investigate and if true, bust both heavily - draft picks, since fines mean nothing.
Agree. $200,000 means squat. Want to eliminate this crap? Take a 1st. It’s not like the cheating is accidental.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep if they are cheating they should be penalized money and picks, especially if they got caught doing something similar not all that long ago.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny I was thinking about this earlier yesterday.

Plays are called in with wireless communication. Are we naive enough to believe in this day of technology that a team wouldn’t “ intercept” the opposing teams frequency?

how many times have you said, “ Wow, it’s like the defense is in our huddle!”? I wouldn’t put it past certain teams doing this.

what’s the risk? What if it were discovered the Ravens were stealing opposing teams radio frequencies? They wouldn’t be banned from the playoffs right? Fine them 1m? Big deal. Take awAy a draft pick? Worth the risk , right.

I’m no computer geek or communications expert. Maybe it isn’t even possible. Just saying I thinking about this and then I see this post.

Things that make you go hmmm.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Plays are called in with wireless communication. Are we naive enough to believe in this day of technology that a team wouldn’t “ intercept” the opposing teams frequency?

how many times have you said, “ Wow, it’s like the defense is in our huddle!”? I wouldn’t put it past certain teams doing this.

what’s the risk? What if it were discovered the Ravens were stealing opposing teams radio frequencies? They wouldn’t be banned from the playoffs right? Fine them 1m? Big deal. Take awAy a draft pick? Worth the risk , right.

I’m no computer geek or communications expert. Maybe it isn’t even possible. Just saying I thinking about this and then I see this post.

One of the claims about the Pats was during one of the SB's, against the Giants, the NFL had some special setup to try and detect cheating and they apparently detected some sophisticated listening technology and immediately assumed the Pats were planning to steal signals. They had a security vendor working with the NFL so they asked them to get involved and then discovered what they had detected, was actually part of the technology the security company was using. They were looking for outside people "listening in" not teams. So in the end they determined the Pats were not involved at all. But it was apparently a big deal at the time because it was literally hours before the game and they were going to have to decide what the hell do we do, this is teh Superbowl, if they're trying to cheat what do we do we can't cancel the game but we can't just ignore it.

Again that's the problem with their past history, they are not going to get the benefit of the doubt now.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
One of the claims about the Pats was during one of the SB's, against the Giants, the NFL had some special setup to try and detect cheating and they apparently detected some sophisticated listening technology and immediately assumed the Pats were planning to steal signals. They had a security vendor working with the NFL so they asked them to get involved and then discovered what they had detected, was actually part of the technology the security company was using. They were looking for outside people "listening in" not teams. So in the end they determined the Pats were not involved at all.

This cheating has got to stop somehow. What's to stop an NFL team hiring an outside source to do their monitoring for them? This is a troubling seeming trend. Teams will have to send plays in the old fashioned way if coaches are calling plays from the sidelines. Or like college teams do with three different guys giving sideline signals.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This cheating has got to stop somehow. What's to stop an NFL team hiring an outside source to do their monitoring for them? This is a troubling seeming trend. Teams will have to send plays in the old fashioned way if coaches are calling plays from the sidelines. Or like college teams do with three different guys giving sideline signals.

Yeah I don't know if they use wireless communications I think the cheating is always going to be possible.

ozzfloyd

The Carp
Reaction score

It's not hard at all. I'd be surprised if at least some teams weren't doing this or have tried this. Hell, a few years ago I got a bootleg concert recording from a friend who tapped into the wireless in-ear monitors each band member had (each person would have different things in their mix that were relevant for them and their cues). Anyway, out of that they captured a multitrack, soundboard quality bootleg pirated just from the wireless transmissions.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
It's not hard at all. I'd be surprised if at least some teams weren't doing this or have tried this. Hell, a few years ago I got a bootleg concert recording from a friend who tapped into the wireless in-ear monitors each band member had (each person would have different things in their mix that were relevant for them and their cues). Anyway, out of that they captured a multitrack, soundboard quality bootleg pirated just from the wireless transmissions.
Correct, it's not too difficult when you know what you're doing. Bluetooth, even when secure, is not hard to hack, most networks can be hacked using your phone and a $30 pair of headphones ...not that I've ever done anything like that before... although I WAS able to find out my son was not actually going to his friends house that one time lol

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I've always wondered that also. One would think all the calls from the opposing team frequencies could be heard. FBI & CIA can do it, why not the NFL lol?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
If teams like the Patriots and Ravens are dumb enough to reveal them possibly cheating in the AFC, the abnormal football conference opposed to the normal one, bust their arses

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
If teams like the Patriots and Ravens are dumb enough to reveal them possibly cheating in the AFC, the abnormal football conference opposed to the normal one, bust their arses
'

If.Let`s see what the explanation is before busting arses.

Fiasco

Tyler Durden
Reaction score
Correct, it's not too difficult when you know what you're doing. Bluetooth, even when secure, is not hard to hack, most networks can be hacked using your phone and a $30 pair of headphones ...not that I've ever done anything like that before... although I WAS able to find out my son was not actually going to his friends house that one time lol

the NFL doesn't use bluetooth for sideline to player communications. The communications are encrypted as well.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yep if they are cheating they should be penalized money and picks, especially if they got caught doing something similar not all that long ago.

They should ban them from post season play, similar to what the NCAA does to teams.
That would really hit them where it hurts.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
the NFL doesn't use bluetooth for sideline to player communications. The communications are encrypted as well.
I was saying Bluetooth because the title said it looked like a Bluetooth device. In any event, anything wireless can be hacked no matter the encryption, might take longer depending on what they're using but it can he done