Pharoh Cooper

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Dont you have to include him in the top 3 WR group for this team going into the offseason?

i count one drop vs three outstanding, tough catches --- including that one on 4th down yesterday

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Dont you have to include him in the top 3 WR group for this team going into the offseason?

i count one drop vs three outstanding, tough catches --- including that one on 4th down yesterday
He's been a real pleasant surprise. Outside of Kirk's one monster game there hasn't been much separation between them.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Cooper's development after coming back has been second to none. You have to bring the guy back after he's shown you how hard he will work. He seems to get better at one thing or another every single week.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cooper is steady and reliable; essential to a winning roster.

But two game-breaking beasts are even more important, and we may have neither at this point.

Larry isn't getting any younger, and I'm not sure Kirk falls into the Super-hero category.

We might have to settle for having a very good but not spectacular receiving corps/if we go BPA this Spring, WR may not be at the top of our available list.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
You carve his name into stone for the 5th WR on the roster for 2020

Very good KR/PR and can make a clutch catch when needed.

This will be a guy to look at and see if Keim is learning his lessons.

Its an easy decision, its an easy signing, just get it done and be happy for how easy of a roster move this should be.

Only Keim could screw this up trying to be "too smart"

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

Hell no!

Dude has 200 yards receiving and 1 TD.

I am fine with Cooper being the 6th/7th WR and returner but we need better talent in the WR room overall.

BTW - Cooper is a free agent I believe.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I like Byrd and Cooper about as much as I like Kirk because simply they seem to have just about the same affect, except Cooper remarkably catches the ball just as well or better than Kirk does... but wait, we drafted Kirk lol

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He is a good returner and reliable receiver, can be the fourth or fifth
He deserve a roster spot, won't demand too much, 2 years 3 mil i think is a fair deal

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You carve his name into stone for the 5th WR on the roster for 2020

Very good KR/PR and can make a clutch catch when needed.

This will be a guy to look at and see if Keim is learning his lessons.

Its an easy decision, its an easy signing, just get it done and be happy for how easy of a roster move this should be.

Only Keim could screw this up trying to be "too smart"

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

Exactly. He is WR5 or WR6. Good enough to make the team and be a return man, but if we are counting on him to do anything else, we are in trouble.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
He's Fred Wakefield. He's a guy that you spend an offseason planning to replace but he finds a way to stick on the roster or be the 54th guy. You cannot be a good football team with Pharoh Cooper getting a third of your offensive snaps (as he did yesterday).

Andy Isabella played 10 offensive snaps yesterday. We ran 69 plays (NICE!).

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cooper is a decent returner and has good hands. I agree that he should be on the roster but at best as the #5 WR. KM & Fitz need to spend a ton of time with the WR's on this roster during the offseason.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's Fred Wakefield. He's a guy that you spend an offseason planning to replace but he finds a way to stick on the roster or be the 54th guy. You cannot be a good football team with Pharoh Cooper getting a third of your offensive snaps (as he did yesterday).

Andy Isabella played 10 offensive snaps yesterday. We ran 69 plays (NICE!).

He played 10 plays? I must have missed him out there.

OP
OP
football karma

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i need to be more clear

today Cooper is the third best WR on the roster and i think he has proven himself to be a reliable option

i agree he needs to be the 4th or 5th best WR on the roster to be a really good offense

but for a guy who had a rep as a returner but not a WR - i have been impressed with his hands when thrown to

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No brainer. Sign him. Very good returner and reliable receiver. Has some big catches including the 4th down catch yesterday. Made a great adjustment on a bad throw,

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

That catch was huge. I wish Kirk & Daniels hadn't dropped those 2 passes from Hundley, the final score could've been much worse lol. As it stood, the final score could've very easily been 34-10 without the drops. The Fitzgerald TD catch that was (total BS call) & the blocked FG that should've never happened.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I like Byrd and Cooper about as much as I like Kirk because simply they seem to have just about the same affect, except Cooper remarkably catches the ball just as well or better than Kirk does... but wait, we drafted Kirk lol
I think Byrd & Cooper catch the ball as well as Kirk. Even Williams & Clay do but they don't get targeted as much so that comparison is a little misleading. Williams has dropped 2 passes all yr best I can remember, the one against TB (sun blinded him) & the one Sunday. Can't recall Clay dropping anything, I may be wrong though?

Last edited:

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I think Byrd & Cooper catch the ball as well as Kirk. Even Williams & Clay do but they don't get targeted as much so that comparison is a little misleading. Williams has dropped 2 passes all yr best I can remember, the one against TB (sun blinded him) & the one Sunday. Can't recall Clay dropping anything, I may be wrong though?

Frankly, I am more intrigued about Dan Arnold than I am the potential of Kirk at the moment or Isabella... TE/WR or whatever you want to call him lol

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave