Kudos to the defense

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I took a cruise through the Seahawks fan forums and they are killing their playcalling. They never did anything to adjust. Especially after the top two RBs go down, you cant stick to the original game plan.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We underestimate the time it takes for players and coaches to adjust to a new system. Remember this is the third system change in 3 years.

Not only do the players have to adjust but coaches have to learn the players strengths and limitations.

Hats of to the players and the staff for a fantastic job today. Especially not over rushing Wilson and keeping him boxed in the whole game.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Still need a good overhaul of the dline and LBs. One game still doesn’t make up for the crap show the rest of this year. The Cards played good, and caught the Seahawks looking ahead to next week vs 49ers

pinetopred

Registered
Reaction score
Still need a good overhaul of the dline and LBs. One game still doesn’t make up for the crap show the rest of this year. The Cards played good, and caught the Seahawks looking ahead to next week vs 49ers
2 games but yes our D played well again and still need better players at every level but good for young guys moving forward

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
VJ is starting to do some different calls as of late. Seems like I am seeing some deception in the pressures and coverages I dont recall seeing earlier the season.

P2 putting together good games and trying to make us doubters eat crow.

Keim isn't off the hook though. I think this is our first win against a team that currently has a winning record.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It makes you wonder where the defense has been all season when the Cardinals can play defense like they did today against the Seahawks.
Imo, that part is easy to figure out. VJ simplified the defense. Has allowed them to react instead of over think, plus communicate. PP said he is finally on the same page with VJ, on the techniques he needs to use with the coverages that are different now from the ones used in training camp. Notice how much quicker Jalen Thompson is at the point of attack now? He gets there so quickly, so does BB, but Baker has been doing it for weeks now. Zach Kerr looked damn good today, so did Joe Walker. They layed the wood on tackles & put both Carson & Procise (sp) out of the game today. Maybe season ending for both RB's? Even Reddick looked like more of a pass rusher, on one play, he never really bit on the fake by RW, stayed with him, forced him to throw it away.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
as good a place to put this as any:

pretty sure Budda Baker put CJ Prosise out with a hit that broke CJs forearm

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Definitely have to give the D their due! But, it still concerns me when a D may be too complicated/sophisticated that it takes an ENTIRE season for your players to grasp it. We still have numerous holes to fill on that D, but it's always fun to watch Carroll squirm on the sideline. With 2 consecutive dominating wins, one thing is certain. No one is getting fired after the season. In the big scheme of things, that's important for the overall growth of this franchise. You simply can't continue to overhaul coaches/players year & year. To the dismay of many on this board, Keim has probably also saved his job, if it was even in jeopardy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose