Won the battle! .... BUT lost the war!

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
If this were a meaningless game against a bad team, I'd be grumpy. But no freaking way on this one. We beat a good team, in their house, on our last leg. If our coach is ever going to improve and grasp this team, it's with the kinds of wins that happen like this, when we punch someone in the mouth that was overlooking us. This reminds me of Arians year one.

With this win, and the way we hung with the 49ers? Now this team might believe in themselves next year. This is so much better than limping into some player and hoping they're going to be our savior.

Go Cards!

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This team needs to learn how to win, and the first steps involve (1) winning and (2) getting used to the way it feels when we win a game.

Tank theory is a sucker's play - because drafting high doesn't guarantee a chaampionship roster, and we could wind up stuck in a streak of a dozen or so losing seasons.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
If this were a meaningless game against a bad team, I'd be grumpy. But no freaking way on this one. We beat a good team, in their house, on our last leg. If our coach is ever going to improve and grasp this team, it's with the kinds of wins that happen like this, when we punch someone in the mouth that was overlooking us. This reminds me of Arians year one.

With this win, and the way we hung with the 49ers? Now this team might believe in themselves next year. This is so much better than limping into some player and hoping they're going to be our savior.

Go Cards!
I was digging your post but damn it son, you still have to find an out of left field shot at Squeak or anyone excited about drafting him lol

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Wins matter to the players. They dont want to play on 3 win teams. It's hard to attract top talent to bad teams. Look at clowney, he basically told the Texans where he wanted to play.
Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

That's actually a pretty good point. These late season wins to higher profile teams could help to improve the overall profile of the team to outsiders. It's hard to measure like draft position, but definitely couldn't hurt.

Plus I like that our backup was able to get a win to boost his confidence. That had the potential to get real ugly for him and he came through.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I was digging your post but damn it son, you still have to find an out of left field shot at Squeak or anyone excited about drafting him lol
That had nothing to do with KM at all, to be clear. I'd rather have a happy team believing in their coach than a bad team hoping Lamb or similar would inspire us. Totally understand where you're coming from though, given how I've felt.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Great dominant win in Seattle for the team, always seem to play better every year for this game (now 5 wins in 7 years)

But, unpopular opinion, I don't think this is a game to celebrate.

Our QB got injured and couldn't return then we get a meaningless win in garbage time of the season dropping us down to the 9th pick in the draft instead of a possible top 5.

Don't want to seem like a Grinch but I don't see how this helps us when our season is dead already, this win probably cost us a chance to get Juedy, Lamb, Thomas or Brown.

If you're not in the playoffs you might as well have the number 1 pick.
Good teams just don’t think this way.

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’m glad we won! It sucks KM got injured. Buddha Baker and Kenyan Drake got hurt, too.

Let’s see how bad their injuries are. I doubt Michael Bidwill fires SK after the season so it really doesn’t matter where we draft anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The battle cry on this forum by a majority of us was we wanted to see improvement as the season progressed.

I think it’s fair to say that is exactly how this season has played out. We’ve gone from 5 wr, no Te to sometimes 3 tight ends. The o- line play improved. Kyler improved. Kliff improved and at least for the last two weeks even VJ and the defense has improved.

The future looks a lot rosier than it did on the last game of 2018. Plus it is so much fun beating the gum chewer.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Great dominant win in Seattle for the team, always seem to play better every year for this game (now 5 wins in 7 years)

Our QB got injured and couldn't return then we get a meaningless win in garbage time of the season dropping us down to the 9th pick in the draft instead of a possible top 5.

Don't want to seem like a Grinch but I don't see how this helps us when our season is dead already, this win probably cost us a chance to get Juedy, Lamb, Thomas or Brown.

That's done real well for Cleveland, having top picks every year. It not a guarantee that the highest drafted player turns out to be the best player in the draft. I'll take any win at any time

New Mexico

Fan since 1976ish
Reaction score

M

Good grief, lad. Just enjoy the fact that we beat the Seachickens in Seattle.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score

Merry Christmas!!

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Last year's draft was incredible in the stockpile of talent. This isn't a spectacular draft and we have our QBOF, so it is more important for our young coach and players to keep gutting it out instead of mailing it in to start their careers.

Last edited:

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Well wether we pick 5,6,9 or whatever..Keim is still making the pick so.... there's that

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Give Keim credit where it's due. In the last five years of drafts he's brought in, in the first two rounds alone:

Our starting QB, our starting LT, our starting CB, our starting WR, our starting OLB, our starting SS, and traded for our other record setting OLB. Plus took players in Rosen and Nkdemiche that were considered steals at the time. Not a perfect record, but what ever is? We get so caught up in looking at our own flops. Look at any team's draft record. 50% is an A+ in this business.

Last edited:

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Beating Seattle is ALWAYS sweet especially in the Emerald Cityl :D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave