Taking care of our own

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I love Drake, but I’m not paying him top dollar.

Look at David, Gurley, Bell, Freeman, & Bell. Even Zeke plays up & down every week.

Go for Cam Akers in the 4th(if he’s still there hopefully)

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Keim will ask him to take a pay cut, just like he has with other players that haven't lived up to their contract.

That is likely the first step unless a trade seems certain.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Anyone who has seen The Joker will know what the answer to this question is:

What do you get when you let a toxic wife run every aspect of your life as a professional football player?

OP
OP
speedy

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
what’s the joke?

DJ just doesn’t play with the same effort he used to not only running but blocking. He’s gonna get your QB hurt he was benched last year for lack of effort and it hasn’t changed

Sex in number 2 and cleaning your tool off on her curtains as you leave.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Trade, hopefully, or he plays again next year on a big contract.

As it stands his salary for 2020 is guaranteed, so there is no leverage for the Cards and I can't imagine any other team taking it on.

Bottom line... is they either count $14m against the CAP with him in 2020 or $16m without.

But... there may be some creative accounting to be had that I'm not aware of.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
DJ has zero trade value, Cut em or keep em are the only options.
Don't cut him, that would cost us 16.2 million & get nothing but dead cap money. If we can't trade him, keeping him would cost us 14.2 million. I'd rather get some TD receptions out of him next season for 14.2 million. He isn't a cancer in the locker room, or so the players say. He seems like a good dude, attitude wise. I'm not in the locker room so I really don't know? We've had too much dead cap money already with released players. I will take a little production if he can't be traded? His dead cap money goes down considerably after next season. If he were to be released, after next season will be the time to do it.