Won the battle! .... BUT lost the war!

UK Cardinal

Reaction score
Great dominant win in Seattle for the team, always seem to play better every year for this game (now 5 wins in 7 years)

But, unpopular opinion, I don't think this is a game to celebrate.

Our QB got injured and couldn't return then we get a meaningless win in garbage time of the season dropping us down to the 9th pick in the draft instead of a possible top 5.

Don't want to seem like a Grinch but I don't see how this helps us when our season is dead already, this win probably cost us a chance to get Juedy, Lamb, Thomas or Brown.

If you're not in the playoffs you might as well have the number 1 pick.

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Sorry, but this team needs a morale boost going into next year more than anything. Also, I think it will be good in the long run for Kyler to see things from the sidelines these last couple games as a different perspective. I just hope whatever he is ailing from doesn’t require surgery.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Murray was hurt with a non contact injury weeks before this, so there goes that opinion. You always play to win, especially if you are a professional fighting for your job, so there goes that point. We beat Seattle and caused them some pain and got some confidence which we need for what lies ahead... that's the main point :newcards:

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
Some of you seem more concerned with being right about players you like/don’t like, Bidwill’s money and draft picks. This team is obviously playing its best football at the end of the season. I’ll take overall improvement over draft position every day of the week.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Some of you seem more concerned with being right about players you like/don’t like, Bidwill’s money and draft picks. This team is obviously playing its best football at the end of the season. I’ll take overall improvement over draft position every day of the week.

You summed that up perfectly

OP
OP
U

UK Cardinal

Reaction score
Obviously they should play to win every game that isn't what I was saying at all and you're missing my point.

I said it was a great win but at 4-9-1 i'd rather look forward to the future than worry about a loss years ago.

I am very happy the Seahawks lost but I'm celebrating that more than I'm celebrating us winning just being honest

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
Wins matter to the players. They dont want to play on 3 win teams. It's hard to attract top talent to bad teams. Look at clowney, he basically told the Texans where he wanted to play.

Win the game and let the draft play out. There's great player at 5 and 10. We will be ok just pick the right guy

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk