Cardinals Trade for RB Kenyan Drake

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For all we know, he may think Phx is a hell hole and he's just playing to get himself a ticket out of another bad situation.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I heard those quotes too but then also him deflecting his personal achievement to only wanting to give the fans a win and stressing the team over himself (I believe more than once he referred to the Cardinals as almost his team with belonging and then he would double back and correct himself since he was not there at the beginning but not in a way that he felt he was not part of something now or later, and Peterson said much the same in reference to the Cardinals). Now this of course could be a PR move for another suitor but still that aspect made the possibility of him staying here have some credence

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Kenyan Drake needs to join the Valley Boyz with Kelly Oubre...both of their trades have had a similar effect on their respective teams.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I hope Drake continues to play well and is our RBOF.

However, if he does sign somewhere else (more money) I would imagine we would upgrade the pick we gave Miami (with compensatory pick)? Depends on who else we lose and sign but odds are it would improve from a 5th rd pick.

We basically traded Rosen to Miami for Isabella and Drake.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any RB with a good mindset should want the best deal possible in this environment.

it will be the last chance he gets at good money IMO...... Screw loyalty. He's not a CB, WR, or CB

Exactly, if he's smart he sees this offense as the perfect fit, but if he's smart about money he realizes this is his likely last chance to get a good contract given RB's average career and his history of injury in college so he probably is going to take the best dollar offer he gets.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
If I'm Kenyan Drake, I'm looking to get out of here. Tons of question marks, an RB you could potentially time-share with, probably will low-ball the offer...

Not trying to say anything bad about the Cards, I just think he gets paid more elsewhere, maybe for a team with a better chance to contend. Houston, New England, Tampa Bay...

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Drake’s going to get paid.
Meh. No one is going to pay top dollar. His best bet is a contract like Jerick McKinnon's 4yrs, 30 mil (18 guaranteed) or a contract like Lamar Miller's 4yrs, 26 mil (14 guaranteed).

Personally, 4 yrs for 22mil w/ 12 guaranteed is probably the max Arizona should pay. HE has only averaged 70ish yards per game since he has been traded to us.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Meh. No one is going to pay top dollar. His best bet is a contract like Jerick McKinnon's 4yrs, 30 mil (18 guaranteed) or a contract like Lamar Miller's 4yrs, 26 mil (14 guaranteed).

Personally, 4 yrs for 22mil w/ 12 guaranteed is probably the max Arizona should pay. HE has only averaged 70ish yards per game since he has been traded to us.
That's why I don't even really want to pay him. If the team can get away with Edmonds and DJ and a rookie, we can look into investing a higher pick later on if RB is really a problem.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If I'm Kenyan Drake, I'm looking to get out of here. Tons of question marks, an RB you could potentially time-share with, probably will low-ball the offer...

Not trying to say anything bad about the Cards, I just think he gets paid more elsewhere, maybe for a team with a better chance to contend. Houston, New England, Tampa Bay...
What’s the question marks pertaining to him?

Kenyan has yet to time share with DJ or Edmonds really since he’s been here. Low balling, I do get though.

He might be a guy that loves playing for Kliff & he knows defenses won’t be 100% keying on him with them keeping their attention on Kyler’s ability as well.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
What’s the question marks pertaining to him?

Kenyan has yet to time share with DJ or Edmonds really since he’s been here. Low balling, I do get though.

He might be a guy that loves playing for Kliff & he knows defenses won’t be 100% keying on him with them keeping their attention on Kyler’s ability as well.
Oh, I didn't mean question marks for Drake, I meant for the team's ability to win going forward. I should have said that though. He hasn't been vocal about wanting to play for a winning team, but I'd imagine most everyone would prefer to. He might be able to find a decent role and contract elsewhere.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh, I didn't mean question marks for Drake, I meant for the team's ability to win going forward. I should have said that though. He hasn't been vocal about wanting to play for a winning team, but I'd imagine most everyone would prefer to. He might be able to find a decent role and contract elsewhere.
Depends.

In a brutal sport like football, some prefer getting all the money they can over winning, & I have no problem with that at all.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Depends.

In a brutal sport like football, some prefer getting all the money they can over winning, & I have no problem with that at all.
Yeah, I just meant with all things being relatively the same. I would hope that we wouldn't overpay to retain a guy of his caliber compared to winning teams that might be interested.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yeah, I just meant with all things being relatively the same. I would hope that we wouldn't overpay to retain a guy of his caliber compared to winning teams that might be interested.
The rule says, don't pay the RB, and we know how that worked for whom did against that rule (Gurley, Ezekiel, our DJ, Bell) a good RB is found in the draft quite often, if you can identify guys like DJ, Drake and so on, I would say, let others overpay get the compensationpick and move on.

I myself think, a good O-line makes a mediocre RB look great and a bad O-line makes a great RB look mediocre or worse, so basically, invest all in the O-line because the O-line makes not only your RB look better but also your QB. And that gives double the amount of impact on Sundays.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I finally heard the Burns and Gambo interview. Holy crap. Talk about non-commital.

These guys asked him at least 5 different ways if he liked us. It got kind of weird and desparate sounding after awhile. But he wouldn't budge an inch. Not even a hint of a hint that he might kind of kind of like us.

He sounded like a guy who's wary that the Cardinals are wary of overypaying a RB. He gone.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I finally heard the Burns and Gambo interview. Holy crap. Talk about non-commital.

These guys asked him at least 5 different ways if he liked us. It got kind of weird and desparate sounding after awhile. But he wouldn't budge an inch. Not even a hint of a hint that he might kind of kind of like us.

He sounded like a guy who's wary that the Cardinals are wary of overypaying a RB. He gone.
Yeah, I heard that too. For a guy with 2 good games it was really awkward.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Contrarian opinion here but maybe the Cardinals are working on a deal with him now. KK said his big game was good timing for him (re negotiation)...that's how I took it.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

PFF ARZ Cardinals

@PFF_Cardinals

·
3m

Since joining the Cardinals in week 9, Kenyan Drake has a 75.1 overall grade, which ranks 7th among running backs with 40 or more carries in the weeks since then. His 79.0 pass block grade since week 9 also ranks in the top 10 of running backs.
You must be registered for see images attach

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson