If not Lamb, Who?

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Is Lamb better or same as Mike Evans talent and potential wise?

Sent from my 6060S using Tapatalk

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Mike Evans is like 6'5. Lamb is 6'2"

Lamb lacks elite top end speed and is more of a fluid route runner / receiver. He is very strong and a great blocker. I see a bigger Stefon Diggs. Some say D'Andre Hopkins but that is a crazy comparison

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Lamb lacks elite top end speed and is more of a fluid route runner / receiver. He is very strong and a great blocker. I see a bigger Stefon Diggs. Some say D'Andre Hopkins but that is a crazy comparison

Where does it come from the lamb lack of speed?

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Cards need to get someone who can put pressure on the QB besides Chandler Jones.Pressure forces the QB to make plays quicker and helps the rest of the defense.IDK if its from the outside or a inside pocket-disrupting Lineman..just get more pressure on the QB.Enough with the WR R 1 nonsense.Everybodies been bitching about the defense all season so why not pick a impact defensive guy (Derrick Brown,Simmons,Kinlaw ,etc).Chase Young will be gone before Cards pick .

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cards need to get someone who can put pressure on the QB besides Chandler Jones.Pressure forces the QB to make plays quicker and helps the rest of the defense.IDK if its from the outside or a inside pocket-disrupting Lineman..just get more pressure on the QB.Enough with the WR R 1 nonsense.Everybodies been bitching about the defense all season so why not pick a impact defensive guy (Derrick Brown,Simmons,Kinlaw ,etc).Chase Young will be gone before Cards pick .

The win yesterday puts them out of the Young sweepstakes. (If they were ever in it to begin with) However, they could draft Brown. Other than those two, there isn't anyone worth the draft position we are at to rush the passer.

I would like to see either Thomas or Wirfs drafted instead. I think we could get more separation from Kirk/Isabella next year if we had a RT and a C that can hold up.

If we can't draft any of these guys, I would then look at Lamb or Jeudy.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Diggs? Man idk. I see that way more in Jeudy than I do in Lamb. Still question how Lamb is against press coverage since the B12 corners didn’t offer a whole lot of that.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Thanks Chris for the info.

Cardinals need to stay away from any receiver with a top 7 pick if the receiver is not close to a Julio Jones, Evans, DeAndre Hopkins etc. They have too many needs to splurge on a lesser receiver.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Cardinals need to stay away from any receiver with a top 7 pick if the receiver is not close to a Julio Jones, Evans, DeAndre Hopkins etc. They have too many needs to splurge on a lesser receiver.

Hey man, lamb is pretty good, if we add him and a guy like Eric ebron Murray can do a lot better

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we don't pick a Wr in the first round, and I doubt we do, later round guys of interest include Henry Ruggs and Jalen Reagor from TCU just for sheer top end speed. I know we have such a guy in Isabella but he hasn't impacted yet. Ruggs is faster but I think Reagor is actually a better player right now. I read something on CBS where the guy said Ruggs ran a 10.53 100 in HS, the fastest 40 guy in NFL combine history ran a 10.66 100, this CBS guy said Ruggs is the fastest Wr he's ever personally scouted, but he too thinks Reagor is actually a better player.

Both can return kicks although Reagor has returned punts I don't think Ruggs really has, don't think he has the hands for it.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

I think Gerald McCoy is a FA next year (2020). He would be a solid addition on the DL.

We need playmakers and can't miss on a 1st round pick again. Murray and Humphries are the only starters in the last 8 years of #1 picks.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

Less & Less

Jeudy is the only true top 10 in this draft. Lamb is 10 to 15, Ruggs is 15 to 20. Higgins & Shenault can go 15 to 25.

Easily 5 1st round WR's.

p.s. I am infatuated with Ruggs.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I would be totally fine with a Wirfs / Creed Humphrey first and 2nd round.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Less & Less

Jeudy is the only true top 10 in this draft. Lamb is 10 to 15, Ruggs is 15 to 20. Higgins & Shenault can go 15 to 25.

Easily 5 1st round WR's.

p.s. I am infatuated with Ruggs.

it's hard not to get infatuated with Ruggs he is incredibly fast. Reagor gets compared to DeSean Jackson(thicker body) but Ruggs is even faster. this year Ruggs has 1 rushing attempt, for 75 yards and a TD. His freshman year he caught 12 passes, 6 of them for TD's. He might be the fastest NFL player since Gault and Nehemiah and he's potentially much better than either of them were.

I actually think teammate Devonta Smith is better than Ruggs but it sounds like he's not coming out this year, Ruggs(and Reagor) have apparently already indicated they will declare for the draft.

It will be interesting to watch I think Ruggs will probably get drafted after Reagor, but someone is going to be infatuated with Ruggs, the projections of him in the 3rd round I just find impossible to believe someone is going to take him before then.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
It will be interesting to watch I think Ruggs will probably get drafted after Reagor, but someone is going to be infatuated with Ruggs, the projections of him in the 3rd round I just find impossible to believe someone is going to take him before then.
If Ruggs gets past pick 30....... I would be completely dumbfounded.

Oakland, Philly, Indy, and Oakland again will all get their shot in the teens. And if they don't take him.... the Jags, Dolphins, and Bills are all gonna start slobbering.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think he can be as productive as Evans but in a different way. Evans size/speed is what makes him so good but Lamb is an elite route runner and hands guy.

Actually he might be closer to OBJ than anything else.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hah I meant 4.42 but deleted the wrong thing. I already edited it.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OBJ ran a 4.43 btw

Walter Football has a good breakdown

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2020CLamb.php

Skill-Set Summary: In the passing-driven NFL, receiving weapons are in demand, so there should be plenty of teams considering using an early-round pick on Lamb. He has the ability to be a potential leading receiver for a pro offense with size and play-making ability.

Team sources say that Lamb has the body and physique of a No. 1 receiver in the NFL. They say he has great hands, runs good routes, and is a polished receiver. Lamb makes some ridiculous catches that are reminiscent of DeAndre Hopkins and Odell Beckham Jr. His body control, concentration, and ability to adjust are tremendous, and together those attributes put him in position to make a lot of difficult receptions. After the catch, Lamb is dangerous with the ball in his hands, showing elusiveness and physicality as a runner.

While he has good size, Lamb does not have mismatch speed according to team evaluators and they've said that he could be a 4.55 guy in the 40-yard dash. Lamb is not overly fast, but he uses polished footwork and some suddenness to create separation. His route-running generates separation and makes up the lack of elite speed.

With his route-running and hands, Lamb looks like mismatch receiver who could be a No. 1 wideout in the NFL. His excellent route-running has him very polished for a college receiver entering the NFL. Some team sources have compared Lamb to Houston Texans star DeAndre Hopkins.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson