First Live Cards Game

Reaction score
This week my fiancée and I are flying out from Seatac to see the Cardinals play the Browns. We will be in Phoenix for a few days, and it's our first NFL game. Few questions..

1. Any specific food places we should check out?
2. How early should we arrive to the game?
3. I keep hearing how awesome tailgating is, would it be difficult to get into one?
4. What other activities does the stadium have going on, on game day?

Can't wait to get down there and cheer our boys on! Go Cards.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
1st thing - buy a parking pass NEXT to the great lawn - it used to be the Orange pass, I think they changed the color. Buy your parking pass NOW don't wait....unless you're going to Uber to the game.

2nd - Arrive 3 hours before the game (be AT the stadium) to tailgate...so account for drive time. Even if you don't have food, others will share with you...it's a community. Just say you flew into town for the game and ask 'Hi, we flew in for the game - do you guys have any extra?' The answer will always be 'Yes and where you from" I'd just advise to bring a small throw away cooler with a few of the drinks of your choice. Again, trust me SHOW up 3 hours before - you'll get a great amount of time hanging out and then leave to the game 30 min before it starts to get through security and the ticket lines....allowing you time to go to the restroom and/or get food before the game starts....put a timer on so you leave 30 min before.
I always advise new people to go in 40-50 min early to walk around the stadium and see it from the different areas. If you follow the 3 hours before and the 30 min before walk in you'll be in great shape.
I NEVER understand the people whom show up and just go into the game. The tailgating is often better than the game experience....especially with the great weather you'll have.
Reminder if you have a girl with you NO PURSES ARE ALLOWED. Tell her to leave her purse at home and just take the bare necessities. Again, you will NOT get in if she has a purse.....no matter how much she argues.

Restaurants: Use Yelp - ALWAYS use Yelp the app and you'll find great food....just walking into random places is the dumbest thing you can do....in Phx or any town. Yelp is always the way to go to find great restaurants.

Activities - there's the main stage on the great lawn with music - I'd bring a football to throw around. It's more of a community hang out than it is 'activities' per say. There are tailgates that have games...they'll always let you play if you ask.

Last edited:

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
DannyDimesCardFan
Reaction score
1st thing - buy a parking pass NEXT to the great lawn - it used to be the Orange pass, I think they changed the color. Buy your parking pass NOW don't wait....unless you're going to Uber to the game.

2nd - Arrive 3 hours before the game (be AT the stadium) to tailgate...so account for drive time. Even if you don't have food, others will share with you...it's a community. Just say you flew into town for the game and ask 'Hi, we flew in for the game - do you guys have any extra?' The answer will always be 'Yes and where you from" I'd just advise to bring a small throw away cooler with a few of the drinks of your choice. Again, trust me SHOW up 3 hours before - you'll get a great amount of time hanging out and then leave to the game 30 min before it starts to get through security and the ticket lines....allowing you time to go to the restroom and/or get food before the game starts....put a timer on so you leave 30 min before.
I always advise new people to go in 40-50 min early to walk around the stadium and see it from the different areas. If you follow the 3 hours before and the 30 min before walk in you'll be in great shape.
I NEVER understand the people whom show up and just go into the game. The tailgating is often better than the game experience....especially with the great weather you'll have.
Reminder if you have a girl with you NO PURSES ARE ALLOWED. Tell her to leave her purse at home and just take the bare necessities. Again, you will NOT get in if she has a purse.....no matter how much she argues.

Restaurants: Use Yelp - ALWAYS use Yelp the app and you'll find great food....just walking into random places is the dumbest thing you can do....in Phx or any town. Yelp is always the way to go to find great restaurants.

Activities - there's the main stage on the great lawn with music - I'd bring a football to throw around. It's more of a community hang out than it is 'activities' per say. There are tailgates that have games...they'll always let you play if you ask.

I really appreciate this. We plan on taking an Uber to the game. We will definitely get there 3-4 hours and plan on walking around and talking to people. I appreciate the community aspect, and will likely bring a mini cooler of beer and soda to help break the ice. I'm also excited for your guys weather!

OP
OP
DannyDimesCardFan
Reaction score
@DannyDimesCardFan

I'm great at inviting to other people's tailgate... lol. Bring what ever you want, beer is all good.... it's @ANDY440 tailgate, he doesn't care.. he's good people. I mooch off him every year when I come over.. lol. I'm coming over too.

Check out this thread...

https://www.arizonasportsfans.com/forum/threads/brazilian-needs-a-ride-to-cowboys-game.173227/

You must be registered for see images attach
Very cool, you even have a map with an X to mark the spot! I appreciate it @MrYeahbut

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Enjoy the game bro. I remember my first experience at Sun Devil Stadium seeing the Cards live at home. It was like a pilgrimage to Mecca. Seeing nothing but Red instead of Green damn near brought a tear to my face.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Bring one of these.
Take one for during the game ....watching the Cardinals D go backwards faster than they can run. It'll be the first game of the season Baker Mayfield looks like an All-Pro and throws for 400+ and 4 TD's

OP
OP
DannyDimesCardFan
Reaction score
So many Browns transplants in our hotel!! Headed to the stadium though. It’s so beautiful outside compared to home. Walking around in a t-shirt is refreshing.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry we missed you at tailgate but a great time was had by all.

Another member of ASFN showed up... his name escapes me.. you know who you are... your wife was wearing a Brown's jersey... grrr... lol

Baby Kaila got us a W on her first game ever!!

Oh yeah, I loathe Christmas (My heart is too small)

OP
OP
DannyDimesCardFan
Reaction score
I tried pretty hard to find you guys even with the map. The area was much larger than I expected. I was in Section 404 row 21 seats 18 and 19. The game was a blast. What a first cardinals game experience. Sorry I didn’t get to meet with you guys! @MrYeahbut

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose