Is Janoris Jenkins Worth A Waiver Claim

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
If you haven’t watched a second of him the past two seasons then yea sure.
Aren’t you the guy who told me Eli Apple wouldn’t be 1st round pick?

yep, you know your DBs.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Not my fault teams are dumb to overdraft a bum.

You also thought you know who would be worth the #1 pick in the NFL so you don’t want to go there.
Again you’re wrong. I said if the Cards were drafting a QB 1st overall it should be Haskins.
I would’ve drafted the DT from Bama number 1 overall.

Murray and Haskins are both works in progress. So trying to justify your stance on their rookie year is pretty laughable.

but way to avoid the point on Apple being a top 10 pick.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Again you’re wrong. I said if the Cards were drafting a QB 1st overall it should be Haskins.
I would’ve drafted the DT from Bama number 1 overall.

Murray and Haskins are both works in progress. So trying to justify your stance on their rookie year is pretty laughable.

but way to avoid the point on Apple being a top 10 pick.

How'd Eli Apple work out for the Giants?

Kind of destroys your argument. He was terrible.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Funny thing is I wasn’t a huge Apple fan but know enough to know he’s going to be highly drafted.

the guy I liked the best was Denzel Ward. Who I believe you didn’t like either. he was drafted top 5 and was already considered one the best CB’s in the league his rookie year. Lol.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
How'd Eli Apple work out for the Giants?

Kind of destroys your argument. He was terrible.
Lots of guys don’t work out with the team that drafted them.

too bad that has nothing to do with what we were taking about. I said he’s a first round talent. Which was proven to be the case.
But thanks for chiming in.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Lots of guys don’t work out with the team that drafted them.

too bad that has nothing to do with what we were taking about. I said he’s a first round talent. Which was proven to be the case.
But thanks for chiming in.

Are you serious? 1st round talents dont get traded for pennies on the dollar.

He was below average to average his first 3-4 years, and has now become a respectable player, but hardly what you would envision for a CB drafted in the top ten.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gee. Janoris has had a delayed change of heart about his "tweet". Jus askin' but maybe his agent had a WTF conversation with him after J J displayed his hind quarters to the football world.

In speaking with TMZ Sports later Friday afternoon, Jenkins revealed his sudden moment of clarity, and wants everyone to know he's ready to put it all behind him.

"You just admit to it," he said. "Admit that you did wrong, which I did."

Fact check: He didn't admit he did anything wrong initially, hence his release. Instead, he attempted to excuse it away, quantifying the slur as a word he used growing up.

"At the end of the day it's my slang," he told media just one day before being fired by the Giants, per Pro Football Talk. "So if you take it how you're going to take it, it's on you. I don't mean to offend nobody. My dad always told me, 'Speak freely and own up to what you say.'

"So I always speak freely as a man and I speak how I want to speak."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-wrongdoing-following-slur-release-from-team/

:biglaugh:

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hell yes, I would claim him. His use of '******' is within the context of a moronic person and not a handicapped person... it's the context of the message, and no I do not see any problem with his character at all in this outrageous PC environment

Our 21 year old son is a severely handicapped young man, so this is a subject that my wife and I have dealt with for a long time. Louis had a stroke just before birth and suffers from cerebral palsy & mental retardation. Regardless, we love him with every ounce of our being. And the word “******” doesn’t offend us at all when it’s used in the context that this player used it. In general, people are so kind to my son. Sure, there will be little kids that stare. But, that’s normal. Once their parents explain it to them, they love to come over and talk to Louis. I’m sure if this Giants player met Louis in public, he would go out of his way to be kind to him. I understand the culture of the word. Back in the 70’s, we used that word often, and it had nothing to do with special needs people. It was used to describe moronic type comments or actions. I personally don’t think the Giants handled this situation well at all. But that’s a failure of our PC community. If the guy can play, I would definitely bring him in.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Exactly, and even in the article they do not refer to it as the 'r' word because unlike the 'n' word it's not offense when used in the proper context. Handicapped people get upset and should when one refers to them being ******** because that's a slanderous word which does not account for their condition, but a moron tweeter in Jenkins' eyes might qualify. '******' has meaning and found in the dictionary... sincerely a poster who has worked with the mentally handicapped and has a sister who I take care of who is mentally handicapped and can clearly see the difference in the use
Yeah sorry I think you’re outta touch on this one.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Our 21 year old son is a severely handicapped young man, so this is a subject that my wife and I have dealt with for a long time. Louis had a stroke just before birth and suffers from cerebral palsy & mental retardation. Regardless, we love him with every ounce of our being. And the word “******” doesn’t offend us at all when it’s used in the context that this player used it. In general, people are so kind to my son. Sure, there will be little kids that stare. But, that’s normal. Once their parents explain it to them, they love to come over and talk to Louis. I’m sure if this Giants player met Louis in public, he would go out of his way to be kind to him. I understand the culture of the word. Back in the 70’s, we used that word often, and it had nothing to do with special needs people. It was used to describe moronic type comments or actions. I personally don’t think the Giants handled this situation well at all. But that’s a failure of our PC community. If the guy can play, I would definitely bring him in.
First, it’s heartwarming to know how people go out of their way to bring a smile to Louis’ face. We’ve tried to raise our boys to go out of their to recognize when other children have differences where a little extra effort and kindness can go a long way.

that said, when we were kids in the 70s the word ******** was used as slang for morons. But it was also commonly used to describe individuals with special needs. It was the crossover usage in a derogatory manner that was eventually recognized as being distasteful. And it stands today imo. Happily people have evolved not to use that term in regards to special needs. But at the end of the day, because sensitivities exist, why use it at all? I mean there’s no shortage of words for idiot, right? And he didn’t get cut for using the word imo. He got cut for doubling down and showing zero remorse that he may have been offensive. If someone uses the word but upon call out apologizes if they offend, it’s not a big deal. If they don’t, they’re an . . . Idiot (see how easy that is?).

Reaction score
. . . that said, when we were kids in the 70s the word ******** was used as slang for morons. But it was also commonly used to describe individuals with special needs. It was the crossover usage in a derogatory manner that was eventually recognized as being distasteful. And it stands today imo. Happily people have evolved not to use that term in regards to special needs. But at the end of the day, because sensitivities exist, why use it at all? I mean there’s no shortage of words for idiot, right? And he didn’t get cut for using the word imo. He got cut for doubling down and showing zero remorse that he may have been offensive. If someone uses the word but upon call out apologizes if they offend, it’s not a big deal. If they don’t, they’re an . . . Idiot (see how easy that is?).
I don't know anything of Jenkin's term with the Giants, but my take is this kerfluffle is just being used by the Giants to get rid of a player that they already (for reasons only the Giants know) were unhappy with!

RE: the incident ~ my only take is I'm tired of people telling other people what words they can or can't use; or that this word that used to mean ***** is now used to mean #####, it's gotten so now you can't say poo! (Edit - see! :p)