What position is our number one priority

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Need to get some weapons for Murray immediately.

Goff was throwing to Kenny Britt, Brian Quick, Tavon Austin his rookie year and he was the worst QB in the game.

In year two he he was throwing to Woods, Kupp,Watkins, Gurley. Obviously there were other factors involved in that turnaround but if you can't get Murray a dynamic #1 WR then at least get him a stud TE or a stud RB in the passing game.

The Cards need a defensive rebuild but IMO when you draft a QB #1 the rebuild has to center around the QB first and foremost otherwise you're in danger of his psyche becoming damaged goods. Move the top pick if you can get a receiver of any kind that can move the needle or draft one. Move future picks if you have to. Murray cannot be surrounded by Larry, Kirk and JAGS again in year two.

Kingsbury & Murray have handled themselves well this season, all things considered. Keim isn't the guy. Been saying that even when Arians was here.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We have so many holes it is difficult to say which is the biggest need. IMO, when we draft, if an outstanding OT or DT is there you take him. It also depends on who we get in free agency before the draft. Bottom line is there are lots of needs.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It's hard to rebuild and offense and a defense in one year, but you can build one of them into a powerhouse while ignoring the other for a season. Our offense improved significantly this past offseason, from awful to average. Should we build it up further this offseason and make it dominant by adding WR and OL as priorities? Next season we'd have huge big scoring shootouts but the defense would still be weak. Or spend this offseason building up the defense with our draft and FA's, to bring the defense up to average and park ourselves in 8-8 land?

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If this defense is going to continue to play a 3-4 defense then I have a 1A and 1B need, a real free safety who can range from sideline to sideline like Harrison Smith, Eric Berry, or Malcolm Jenkins or a premier ILB like Luke Kuechly, Cory Littleton, Kwon Alexander, or Deion Jones.

I am a firm believer that the strongest defenses are built from the inside out. The stronger a defense is up the middle the better it will be.

Agree with this. We are exposed over and over.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
What we need and what we get are going to be completely different because Keim (who isn't going anywhere unfortunately) will most likely screw it up and get a back up safety he's been scouting at Glendale Community College because he is scrappy and has potential

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
What we need and what we get are going to be completely different because Keim (who isn't going anywhere unfortunately) will most likely screw it up and get a back up safety he's been scouting at Glendale Community College because he is scrappy and has potential

Oh no! you forgot MOXIE, you can't forget the MOXIE!

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Head coach.

As for players, I wish they would’ve traded back and took Devin White last year. But trey didn’t.

their LBs are terrible but I think they will be markedly improved if Bill Davis gets his deserved pink slip.

At the top of the draft, you need talent. A RT doesn’t fit the bill in the top 5.

A pass rusher is always needed but they have no shot at Chase Young.

I don’t like Okudah that high as a CB.

That leaves WR. But WR in the top 5 is very risky. You better be getting a Larry type player.

My choice might be an incredible athlete like Isaiah Simmons from Clemson. He’s a matchup nightmare.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose