Terrell Suggs released

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
im pretty certain the $2mm in bonus money deferred into 2020 for cap reasons gets accelerated into the 2019 cap

that brings dead money close to $48mm, or 25% of this year's cap

if there is anything that gets Keim fired, it would be taking $48 mm of Mike B's money and lighting it on fire

heck -- $9mm of that is from guys signed this past offseason

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How can anyone, especially Mikey B, defend Keim at this point? His own family thinks he is a crap GM at this point.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
only thought here: does this accelerate the dead money cap hit into this year vs next?

if so, I have no issue with the move

that signing always felt out of place: it was a move more for a team that was close and needed a vet at a key place. the Cards of course, were far, far away (and Keim either knew it, or, should have known)
One year deal has no impact on next year.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Good.

He was an embarrassment.

#firekeim

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This season continues to be embarrassing. I don't know how the Bidwills look at Keim and decide he can spend their money when the overwhelming majority of his note-worthy FA pick ups in the last two years got freaking cut... within the first season they played here.

Bradford, Swearinger, Suggs... even the WR we signed for 2 million bucks in the preseason who then got cut like three weeks later. I mean, these are guys that didn't just get let go after the season. we or they were so awful that we cut them before their one year or two year deals even ran their course.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Wow. That's a pretty intense move this late in the game. Why? Seems disrespectful, on the surface, but I wonder if maybe Suggs requested it. Like mentioned, maybe he goes back to the Ravens for one last playoff run?
His play was disrespectful.

Respect is earned, he was an embarrassment

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Keim's an dummy - His ability to draft and pick FA's is dang near the bottom of the NFL.

I'd offer the sun and the moon to Ozzie Newsome to come to AZ as the GM.

Sad thing is the Ravens and their running QB live off their 3 TE's and solid O line....and the Cardinals don't have 1TE or any O lineman worth keeping around.

We got at least another 7 years of this misery with the way the 9ers, Rams and Seahawks are drafting and playing.

P.S. DJ aka Beanie Wells 2.0 is now a twitter warrior on 'haters'

Time to let go of Keim - it rhymes

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
A surefire hall of famer deserves respect, even if it didn’t happen on this team.
He has repeatedly beaten up his ex-wife and once threatened to pour bleach on her both in front of their children. After of course taking a tire iron to a guy's head in college.

Guy was a terrific football player but a garbage human being. Now that he sucks at football there was no point in bringing him in at all with the exception of it being a dumb PR move. Hope the Bidwill family enjoyed flushing seven million down the drain on this guy.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Bradford, Swearinger, Suggs... even the WR we signed for 2 million bucks in the preseason who then got cut like three weeks later. I mean, these are guys that didn't just get let go after the season. we or they were so awful that we cut them before their one year or two year deals even ran their course.
Crabtree, Kevin White, Tramaine Brock as well. Keim Time!!!

pinetopred

Registered
Reaction score
This was the FA signing that broke my back on SK as our GM, especially after last years FA reaches I hated it from the get go. Reeked of the Emmitt Smith signing, total PR stunt good GM's don't need to make these moves. I think being an NFL GM is a very tough job with the direction that the college game has gone, so I was willing to cut him a little slack, thinking some of it had to do with Arians not coaching up young guys, and having alot of draft input, but FA should be fairly straightforward this year looks like we added a real solid FA and one decent journeyman type in Hicks and Sweezy and alot of dead money. I do think he has had some bad luck with draft picks that we all thought he hit on just to watch them flame out, but the constant misses in 1st rd and watching FA Iafter FA make little to no impact Im over it , wish him the best in his next gig. I want us to go outside organization for replacement nobody in house

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This was the FA signing that broke my back on SK as our GM, especially after last years FA reaches I hated it from the get go. Reeked of the Emmitt Smith signing, total PR stunt good GM's don't need to make these moves. I think being an NFL GM is a very tough job with the direction that the college game has gone, so I was willing to cut him a little slack, thinking some of it had to do with Arians not coaching up young guys, and having alot of draft input, but FA should be fairly straightforward this year looks like we added a real solid FA and one decent journeyman type in Hicks and Sweezy and alot of dead money. I do think he has had some bad luck with draft picks that we all thought he hit on just to watch them flame out, but the constant misses in 1st rd and watching FA Iafter FA make little to no impact Im over it , wish him the best in his next gig. I want us to go outside organization for replacement nobody in house

Seemed to me the signing was about 'leadership' more than playing ability. Keim wanted someone to show the young guys how to work out like a real man.
I don't think these young guys give a damn about the older players and what they do. It's more made up by the media and fans than any fact to it.
Many QB's have said in an article about starters mentoring the backups ,'It almost NEVER happens. Why would I teach a guy my tricks of the trade only to have them take over my job and my money? Mentoring doesn't happen at the NFL level'
The franchise is horrible and going nowhere. Only thing it has is Chandler Jones - getting older and averaging 17 sacks a season all for naut. Kyler Murray - the future , Safety - Baker - animal, Kirk, Drake, Edmonds, Jordan Hicks and Lee, the rest should hit the road....PP ability to cover is falling faster than a penny dropped from the Eiffel Tower.

The Cardinal are the one legged man in the butt kicking competition...at least I'm not paying to see it like I had been. Man, that was money down the toilet.

pinetopred

Registered
Reaction score
Seemed to me the signing was about 'leadership' more than playing ability. Keim wanted someone to show the young guys how to work out like a real man.
I don't think these young guys give a damn about the older players and what they do. It's more made up by the media and fans than any fact to it.
Many QB's have said in an article about starters mentoring the backups ,'It almost NEVER happens. Why would I teach a guy my tricks of the trade only to have them take over my job and my money? Mentoring doesn't happen at the NFL level'
The franchise is horrible and going nowhere. Only thing it has is Chandler Jones - getting older and averaging 17 sacks a season all for naut. Kyler Murray - the future , Safety - Baker - animal, Kirk, Drake, Edmonds, Jordan Hicks and Lee, the rest should hit the road....PP ability to cover is falling faster than a penny dropped from the Eiffel Tower.

The Cardinal are the one legged man in the butt kicking competition...at least I'm not paying to see it like I had been. Man, that was money down the toilet.
Yeah alot of money down the toilet. The whole leadership thing was said about Emmitt also he will bring that winning effort and experience. Guys follow production they don't give a crap about what a guy did 5 years ago most were in high school. Chandler Jones could be our veteran leader but he isnt built that way he just seems to do his thing, nothing wrong with that. Leadership/accountability can come from alot of different guys just not seeing who right now maybe it a guy like Hicks with another offseason.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson