The Larry Fitzgerald Poll

Do you want Fitz back?

• Total voters

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shane, am I tripping or what at this? Although Floyd wound up crashing and burning himself, you know for facts Larry challenged his ass to practice better, and put in the necessary work. Once he got on board he was easily a few steps behind Quan as the best WR to ever play opposite Fitz. Mind you, this speaks to him strictly as a football player. MF had demons that no teammate of his should have been a part of, however Fitz was visibly affected when Mike was let go. He cared about the man genuinely. I never looked at Larry as this awesome mentor type, but he has always led by example, and has made himself available to those who want to be the best version of themselves they can be. The talent level may not have always been there (and a lot of that falls on Keim) but I recall hearing nothing but amazing things said by the receivers who have played along side # 11 since he's been with us. My point is that mentoring and leadership is subjective, but I'll be damned if I haven't considered him a leader on this team from day 1. I just don't see how someone could see differently in that regard.

i’m not saying he’s not a leader. I’m saying the overall effect of what he brings to the team as a whole is completely overrated on this board.... And you don’t pay people 8 figure salaries for leadership and to have a C on their chest… You pay them for production. And no not past production....

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think Larry can be a great mentor to the Cardinals, and the whole NFL for that matter, on how to properly execute an end zone or big play celebration. Its simple, catch the touchdown pass and immediately give the ball to the ref and go to the sideline. I think I’ve seen him spike the ball maybe once. I don’t know about you, but it drives me crazy, especially on defense when there’s an int and the whole team rushes to the end zone and poses for a picture. I saw the cards do this against the Rams last year when they were losing big. What’s to celebrate? You’re getting your butt kicked! Bear Bryant used to say something to the effect of “Act like you’ve been there before” when you get to the end zone. That said, I’m in the pay Larry whatever he wants category. Rant over, Go Cards!

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Its really the only reason I watch anymore.

But that and a hill of beans gives you a hill of beans.

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
i’m not saying he’s not a leader. I’m saying the overall effect of what he brings to the team as a whole is completely overrated on this board.... And you don’t pay people 8 figure salaries for leadership and to have a C on their chest… You pay them for production. And no not past production....

Fair enough. I will never say you're wrong about that. Hell, the sorry eagles are paying the price for not adhering to this same edict, but in my humble opinion, there's something to be said about holding on to a player who is the greatest to ever put on your uniform, and allowing the intangibles to continue to impact positively your fanbase and organization.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
How did his mentoring and leadership help Michael Floyd? Get back to me on that?

Some people cannot be reached and some can. We honestly cannot say who he has helped or not because we are not in the locker room and have no actual contact with what is said. Larry could be a great mentor and still not reach someone who is knee deep in being a alcoholic and does not want to change for himself where it starts first. Everyone has their own opinion I guess about the value of a mentor but I have had a few mentors in my life from my respected field and I can honestly say I would not be who I am today without them. Now I will agree people get overboard about Larry's ability to influence (hell, he could not have his longevity as a player if he took that much time helping others instead of concentrating on his own contributions as a player), but he does offer some benefits which transcend his physical play which is expected from the caliber player which he is, and sometimes those players are even coke heads like Lawrence Taylor who by no means are regarded as outstanding citizens though they give the team a energy shot (no pun intended)... still there are few players which could not have made that one catch by the sidelines this year which he made and that's where that money does have some tangible worth

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
How did his mentoring and leadership help Michael Floyd? Get back to me on that?
Okay so you are going to use one example of a young promising receiver not becoming great while coming up with Fitz? Floyd had personal demons that took away from his potential and is why he flamed out, but early in his career he did develop into a good young WR (1000+ yard season in his 2nd year).

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This is not a football decision. This is a business decision. Cardinals have to pay whatever Fitz asks (9, 10, 11 mil) . Cardinals don't have a face of the franchise in 2020.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay so you are going to use one example of a young promising receiver not becoming great while coming up with Fitz? Floyd had personal demons that took away from his potential and is why he flamed out, but early in his career he did develop into a good young WR (1000+ yard season in his 2nd year).

How has his leadership in the locker room effected guys like honey badger? Patrick Peterson? Please show me how his classyness and being franchise best ever has efffected other young stars on how to act in the organization?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is not a football decision. This is a business decision. Cardinals have to pay whatever Fitz asks (9, 10, 11 mil) . Cardinals don't have a face of the franchise in 2020.

Yes they do! Lol

And he is playing the most important position on the field and they spent the number one overall pick on him he is the face of the franchise and his name is Kyler Murray. Anyone who think otherwise is completely ludicrous.

Last edited:

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yes they do! Lol

And he is playing the most important position on the field and they spent the number one overall pick on him he is the face of the franchise and his name is Kyler Murray. Anyone who think otherwise is completely ludicrous.

You cannot draft the face of the franchise. It is earned. Right now Murray is far from it. Nothing says he cannot be one in 2022 onwards.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You cannot draft the face of the franchise. It is earned. Right now Murray is far from it. Nothing says he cannot be one in 2022 onwards.

Yea you’re 1000% wrong

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Yes they do! Lol

That is ridiculous. Kyler hasn't proved anything yet, much less being the franchise's main player. Maybe if you're really a fan of awkward press conferences and quiet looks.

Anyways though, as a fan, I like to have a player I can root for week in and week out, even if he's not the best on the field. Outside of Larry and Patrick Peterson, I don't own the jersey of a single player on this team. And my enthusiasm for PP21 is waning, for sure. I pay him and keep him so people have something to root for, because it sure as hell isn't the product on the field.

...and I don't believe KK or KM will fix the product on the field next year, basically no matter what we add. There's my hot take.

Reaction score
I didn't vote because my choice wasn't in the list. Simply put, I think you bring him back, but at a figure somewhere south of $11 million.

DumboD

Rookie
Reaction score
Being the face of the franchise has served both the Cardinals and Larry very well. Also, whether he's the most respected player in the NFL is something we don't know. But, unlike other NFL players, he hasn't taken to social media to criticise his teammates, coaches, and the owner. Even with declining skills, he always plays hard and tries to win. But I would hope that KM becomes the new face of the franchise, instead of Larry, because it means we will be winning more, and Murray is fulfilling his potential.

New England seems to be able to cut themselves loose from players as soon as they begin to decline. I would argue that Belichick is the face of the New England franchise and old age doesn't seem to be effecting him any.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Like it said we need that money somewhere else. You can give Fitz 11 million next year or use that to pay Brandon Scherff 15 million it’s an easy choice to make

and yes Kyler is the face of the franchise like it or not

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
2019 Contract Value by WR - Larry is 20th (that will go down in 2020 if he stays at 11m)

You must be registered for see images attach

Larry is 42nd in receiving yards so far. Side note - would love to see him hit 1k this year (needs 266 in next 3 games).

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
2019 Contract Value by WR - Larry is 20th (that will go down in 2020 if he stays at 11m)

Larry is 42nd in receiving yards so far. Side note - would love to see him hit 1k this year (needs 266 in next 3 games).

Those are last season stats where he finished with 734yards
Now he has 669 and he is projected to finish around 800yards

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave